Simulation Hockey League
Updated: Changes to Regression - Printable Version

+- Simulation Hockey League (https://simulationhockey.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Announcements (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+---- Forum: SHL Announcements (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Thread: Updated: Changes to Regression (/showthread.php?tid=120573)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

RE: Changes to Regression - PremierBromanov - 12-02-2021

I have painstakingly entered data into a spreadsheet to generate these.

Number one, here is Rex Kirkby, one of the oldest, highest earning players in the SHL. Basically, the guy this new system is made for. We love Rex, but his regression basically allowed him to be a solid player well into his 6th regression.

The blue line is historical Update data.
The red line is the proposed regression changes, starting a season earlier. I went through every regression update, added the necessary TPE from the previous update, and regressed based on new standards, and added any additional TPE from the update. All that to say, it is NOT a flat multiplier on the previous update. It should be accurate.

[Image: Rex_Kirkby_TPE_by_Update-2.png]

Now here is my high tech drawings indicating that the regression changes are weird and dumb and punish 2 classes for basically no reason

[Image: Rex_Kirkby_TPE_by_Update-3.png]

I dont really get the need to start regression 1 season earlier when you can just ramp up regression harder and achieve basically the same effect, except without nuking S53 and S54.

Furthermore, here is how long each season has lasted. There's a slight increase over time.

[Image: shlchart2.png]

Here is that same chart, except this indicates how much Free TPE you get (AC + training) and how longer seasons = larger player peaks
[Image: shlchart1.png]

You talk about players being too good and lasting too long, but then you dump TPE on us constantly and make the seasons take longer and longer.

[Image: behold-my-stuff-thor.gif]

RE: Changes to Regression - roastpuff - 12-02-2021

Thank you for the great illustration of my point.

Make it steeper but don't fucking drop S53 and S54 off a cliff!

RE: Changes to Regression - Vaxlare - 12-02-2021

Quote:They had to find a cut-off. But 53/54 has had to contend with the STHS -> FHM change, the update scale change where getting to 19/20 get much more difficult, and now this. Why is it always 53/54 that get the short end of the stick? Why is it always this class that ends up being the cut-off for changes to happen? Why can't HO find a better way to introduce this change than a massive shock right before the end of the season?

The fact that it's happening at my peak season just feels like it's making it personal. Is it a great reason to disagree? Probably not. Am I hurting over it? Yeah, I am. I poured almost two years into Magnus Liljestrom, and into this site via various jobs/activity, etc. It just feels like it's coming for naught.

I didn't even consider the STHS change effecting that class. 

I'd be curious how you get around it though? Someone has to be the first to suffer.

RE: Changes to Regression - golden_apricot - 12-02-2021

12-02-2021, 07:44 PMPremierBromanov Wrote: I have painstakingly entered data into a spreadsheet to generate these.

Number one, here is Rex Kirkby, one of the oldest, highest earning players in the SHL. Basically, the guy this new system is made for. We love Rex, but his regression basically allowed him to be a solid player well into his 6th regression.

The red line is the proposed regression changes, starting a season earlier. I went through every regression update, added the necessary TPE from the previous update, and regressed based on new standards, and added any additional TPE from the update. All that to say, it is NOT a flat multiplier on the previous update. It should be accurate.

Now here is my high tech drawings indicating that the regression changes are weird and dumb and punish 2 classes for basically no reason

I dont really get the need to start regression 1 season earlier when you can just ramp up regression harder and achieve basically the same effect, except without nuking S53 and S54.

Furthermore, here is how long each season has lasted. There's a slight increase over time.

Here is that same chart, except this indicates how much Free TPE you get (AC + training) and how longer seasons = larger player peaks

You talk about players being too good and lasting too long, but then you dump TPE on us constantly and make the seasons take longer and longer.

HO no like real high tpe. HO make regression early to stop high tpe. High tpe not problem, you right problem is high tpe long time because scale suck. HO want two bird one stone me guess.

RE: Changes to Regression - roastpuff - 12-02-2021

12-02-2021, 08:07 PMVaxlare Wrote:
Quote:They had to find a cut-off. But 53/54 has had to contend with the STHS -> FHM change, the update scale change where getting to 19/20 get much more difficult, and now this. Why is it always 53/54 that get the short end of the stick? Why is it always this class that ends up being the cut-off for changes to happen? Why can't HO find a better way to introduce this change than a massive shock right before the end of the season?

The fact that it's happening at my peak season just feels like it's making it personal. Is it a great reason to disagree? Probably not. Am I hurting over it? Yeah, I am. I poured almost two years into Magnus Liljestrom, and into this site via various jobs/activity, etc. It just feels like it's coming for naught.

I didn't even consider the STHS change effecting that class. 

I'd be curious how you get around it though? Someone has to be the first to suffer.

See PremierBromanov's post above. I don't mind making it steeper, I mind getting 440 TPE getting yanked away all at once.

We all pay property tax and income tax in real life. Each year it gets higher and higher. But if I told you that I'm going to tax you double this year, you'd be screaming too.

RE: Changes to Regression - SpartanGibbles - 12-02-2021

I made Strawberry White Chocolate Brownies last week if anyone wants a recipe

RE: Changes to Regression - Acsolap - 12-02-2021

12-02-2021, 08:10 PMroastpuff Wrote:
12-02-2021, 08:07 PMVaxlare Wrote: I didn't even consider the STHS change effecting that class. 

See PremierBromanov's post above. I don't mind making it steeper, I mind getting 440 TPE getting yanked away all at once.

We all pay property tax and income tax in real life. Each year it gets higher and higher. But if I told you that I'm going to tax you double this year, you'd be screaming too.

This is called a straw man and has nothing to do with anything.

RE: Changes to Regression - golden_apricot - 12-02-2021

12-02-2021, 08:14 PMAcsolap Wrote:
12-02-2021, 08:10 PMroastpuff Wrote: See PremierBromanov's post above. I don't mind making it steeper, I mind getting 440 TPE getting yanked away all at once.

Paper, plastic, or metal straw?

12-02-2021, 08:10 PMroastpuff Wrote: See PremierBromanov's post above. I don't mind making it steeper, I mind getting 440 TPE getting yanked away all at once.

i dont think thats the right fallacy

RE: Changes to Regression - Evok - 12-02-2021

12-02-2021, 04:37 PMTommySalami Wrote: It's emotional because it seems to affect some groups more than others but I can guarantee you we did the research to find the most fair way to implement this.

Since no one is mentioning it, i'll ask. Which research is this? Why is there again information kept away from us about something you decided and oh so researched? All we see right now is an arbitrary decision with no explication why it had to be 2 class that get stripped out of TPE 2 weeks before the end of season without any warning.

RE: Changes to Regression - Acsolap - 12-02-2021

12-02-2021, 07:44 PMPremierBromanov Wrote: I have painstakingly entered data into a spreadsheet to generate these.

This is very nice. Except for the fact that you earn more tpe now so you don't start as low as you have me on the red scale.

RE: Changes to Regression - brickwall35 - 12-02-2021

Try again pal

RE: Changes to Regression - honkerrs - 12-02-2021

if only tbb cared this much to mention anything to HO on the day brought it up 2 weeks ago, least publicly . maybe this blow out couldve been avoided. damn

12-02-2021, 08:28 PMhonkerrs Wrote: if only tbb cared this much to mention anything to HO on the day  brought it up 2 weeks ago, least publicly . maybe this blow out couldve been avoided. damn
not really my job to stop HO from making bad decisions

but it could be