Simulation Hockey League
S56 PT #4 - HOF Snub - Printable Version

+- Simulation Hockey League (https://simulationhockey.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: SHL Player Progression (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+---- Forum: PT Archive (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=564)
+---- Thread: S56 PT #4 - HOF Snub (/showthread.php?tid=111048)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

RE: S56 PT #4 - HOF Snub - RomanesEuntDomus - 10-19-2020

Honestly I don't think there are too many HOF snubs right now, most people who aren't in yet but should be are still on the ballot and I would expect most of them to earn an induction over the next few seasons. Most of the people who missed out on an induction already either lacked a standout criteria or had careers that were too short or too inconsistent to be considered HOF-worthy. Of course there are still lots of great players among them but if you don't make it to 600 points, don't score close to a point per game, only play 10-12 seasons or don't have significant hardware to your name, then what case do you have even if you were a superstar briefly during your peak?

I have to give one honorable mention though and that goes to Brandon Cant who I always had a soft spot for since I'm a sucker for longevity and who I thought had a case after he retired, but he would never make it in by todays standards I think as it has become significantly harder to build an HOF-caliber player. Also after reading through some of these other admission I'm also not quite sure why Laukkanen missed out...

RE: S56 PT #4 - HOF Snub - Wawazat - 10-19-2020

[Image: 01-F914-E9-009-A-4-D02-A62-A-621672125062.jpg]

RE: S56 PT #4 - HOF Snub - .bojo - 10-19-2020

[Image: unknown.png]

RE: S56 PT #4 - HOF Snub - Tylar - 10-19-2020

ISFL AFFLIATE

RE: S56 PT #4 - HOF Snub - Kalakar - 10-19-2020

pt pass

RE: S56 PT #4 - HOF Snub - leviadan - 10-19-2020

I just want to get out in front of this and say kiss my butt because yes, I know this player isn't retired yet. I have to assume they will be soon, and somebody has to chronicle their work in the SMJHL before it's lost to history. I'm talking about Kelowna Knights legend Cam Nosreh. Their SMJHL career, from my extensive research, appears to span a total of 42 games across two seasons. Let's look at the stats.

S54: 39 GP // 4 G // 1 A // 5 P // +2 // 34 SOG // 20 H // 13 SB // 101.8 PDO // 2.7 GF/60
S55: Legally mandated to take a season off to restore their incredible energy.
S56: 3 GP // 1 G // 1 A // 2 P // +2 // 2 SOG // 1 H // 0 SB // 131.6 PDO // 7.3 GF/60
----------
TOT: 42 GP // 5 G // 2 A // 7 P // +4 // 36 SOG // 21 H // 13 SB // 116.7 PDO // 5 GF/60
----------

Is this Hall of Fame material? Why the absolute hell not? Some people will be blinded by the less than a full season of games played, or the single digit point totals, but us statistically minded folks will see something leap off the page at them right away... their 7.3 GF per 60 this season. Yes doofus, I hear you already saying it's just one season! It's only a couple of games! OK dummy, let's average their GF/60 over their entire career and see what we get. Oh look it's still FIVE. FIVE GOALS PER SIXTY MINUTES.

If you play this guy an average of sixty minutes a game he's going to net your team FIVE GOALS per game. If you can scrape together league average goaltending, you're going to win almost every single game you play if you're willing to put the game on the back of Cam Nosreh. That record is unassailable. If there was a non-coward GM in this league, they'd give him a chance and watch the cups roll in.

Mark my words, this guy will retire early because he's unappreciated, and when he does-- he deserves to go in The Hall.

RE: S56 PT #4 - HOF Snub - Clean Andrei Kostitsyn - 10-19-2020

In seeson 01, he scor 0 point. In seeson 02, he scor 17 point. In seeson 03, he scor 87 point. In seeson 04, he scor 90 point. In seeson 05, he scor 87 point. In seeson 06, he scor 50 point. In seeson 07, he scor 66 point. In seeson 08, he scor 89 point. In seeson 09, he scor 59 point. In seeson 10, he scor 85 point. In seeson 11, he scor 41 point. In seeson 12, he scor 42 point. In 684 gaim, he scor 329 gol and 384 pass. 713 point. He was draft 26 overall by new york. he hav amazing hair. he hav speed, hand, shoot. He maybe not have cup, but he hav eyebrouw. big eyebrouws. he is slovak macheen. he is fourty ate yeers old. Maybe he never play in SHL, but he desserve name in HOF. He is Zigmund Palffy.

RE: S56 PT #4 - HOF Snub - DannyC - 10-19-2020

PBE

My username in the PBE is Danny B

I don't think I'm allowed to do this as a brand new create please correct me if I'm wrong

RE: S56 PT #4 - HOF Snub - mee - 10-19-2020

ISFL PT
{this isn't a terrible PT idea, but young first-gens such as myself can't really do it}

RE: S56 PT #4 - HOF Snub - Leafs4ever - 10-19-2020

A HOF snub, for me, is Rembrandt Q. Einstein. A stall worth on the back end for the Winnipeg Jets, Einstein was a prototypical offensive defenseman. He came into the league as a true rookie and should of won the Ryan Jesster Trophy for top rookie, but lost to teammate Patrick Satan. He played in an era with some of the best defenseman ever in SHL history so I think he was overshadowed a bit by them, mostly notably Chris Partlow and Darian Scherbluk.

In his career, Einstein finished with 515 points, 975 hits, and 1034 shot blocks. He won a Challenge Cup with the Jets and at the time of his retirement was top 10 all-time in points for a defenseman. He didn't get much love from the selection committee at all and was kind of forgotten among them. He slipped through the cracks because these new eras brought inflation numbers, but he should of been judged based on his peers and a Cup winning defenseman who is top 10 all-time when he's retired so be HOF worthy.

(179 words)

RE: S56 PT #4 - HOF Snub - Andy - 10-19-2020

I think someone who I would love to be in the hall of fame but more probably deserves to be in the hall of the very good was Noctis Caelum. Caelum wss from my knowledge one of the few players who has won a cup with multiple teams, winning one with both MIN as well as BAP (back when they were WKP). Caelum for his career never finished below 20 points in any season which in the lower scoring that was the SHL back then. Also he had a season where he had 49 point points which he was snubbed for the breakout player of the year and was not nominated also for the stevens which he was definitely deserving. He also was a huge producer of power play points, including three different seasons in which he scored double digits on the man advantage. I wish he was hall of fame, and I do wonder if he had played longer would that have made the argument for him stronger and possibly moved him from the conversation of the hall of very good to the hall of fame

Code:
187 words

RE: S56 PT #4 - HOF Snub - Frick_Nasty - 10-20-2020

So we can finally talk about how @Muford Tommy Tucks simp ass should not have not made the Hall of Fame. We letting a goalie who averaged almost allowing 3 goals a game into the hall of fame? Are we high. This dude could only play 15 seasons. I bet if Tommy Tuck played at least 2 to 5 more seasons his averages and goals allowed would even be more horrendous. Like you played what 580 games and only had 27 shutouts you garbage. You had one good season in season 45 that should not be the reason you get in the hall of fame, that season was on the skaters not the goalie. I truly believe with a couple more seasons we would have true data to see if was hall of fame instead of hall of good. Also we might as well let most of that Edmonton Blizzard team into the Hall of Fame for their assistance for Tommy Tuck.

RE: S56 PT #4 - HOF Snub - jRuutu - 10-20-2020

Mikke Laukkanen is one, I believe he is one of 7 goalies who has played over 600 games in SHL. He is also one of 10 goalies who has won at least 300 games. Laukkanen played 603 games and won 329 of those. If we look at purely wins and games here, hall of fame goalies like Lauris Prikulis played 623 games and won 318 of those, Mark Harter played 711 games and won 359 of them, so in that sense Laukkanen deserves to be in the hall of fame in my eyes.

Goals against average for Laukkanen shows 2.86, which is on the higher side when comparing to goalies in the hall of fame already, but for example Tommy Tuck's goals against average rating is 2.92, and he has 27 shutouts to Laukkanen's 37.

The longevity of the career, the number of wins, and most importantly when comparing Laukkanen against some of the other goalies who have made it after playing ''only'' 10 or even 8 seasons, Laukkanen deserves to be in the hall of fame.

RE: S56 PT #4 - HOF Snub - OrbitingDeath - 10-20-2020

I might be a bit biased here but I would like to add Jareth Sto Helit in the Hall of Fame. This defenseman went below the radar for his entire career. But without being a superstar player, Jareth Sto Helit as put up some solid numbers. In 11 seasons this defenseman did not miss a single game as he played in 550 games in which he scored 58 times and added 278 assists, good for a total of 336 which is a great total for a defensive minded player. Jareth Sto Helit never was scared to dish out some hits as he hit for a total of 1364 times throughout his career. Since he only got hit 1041 times himself, this is a great hit to hit taken ratio. On average Jareth Sto Helit played over 23,5 minutes his career, so a real workhorse that went underappreciated throughout his career. It is time to shine some light on these forgotten heroes.

Words: 162

RE: S56 PT #4 - HOF Snub - Fantobens - 10-20-2020

The biggest hall of fame snub that I can think of is the late great, Pingy Pingu. Now hear me out, the point task is not the best so don’t expect a top notch answer. Pingy was a terrible player. Flakey at best. But you can bet everyone knew who he was and he was revered throughout the league.

I know what you are thinking. And you’re right, this is a stupid answer. Well, I don’t really know history about the league, and I don’t have the time to deep dive to figure out who really was snubbed. So you get this garbage. I’m sorry you have to read it. Maybe you do not. I miss Pingy. Come back you silly Canadian! You’re a hall of famer now!

Maybe I should have written about me....

The biggest hall of fame snub was David Fantobens....first captain of the Tampa bay barracuda. Champions cup finalist, all around okay guy....