Simulation Hockey League
Updated: Changes to Regression - Printable Version

+- Simulation Hockey League (https://simulationhockey.com)
+-- Forum: Community (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Announcements (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+---- Forum: SHL Announcements (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Thread: Updated: Changes to Regression (/showthread.php?tid=120573)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

RE: Changes to Regression - sve7en - 12-02-2021

12-02-2021, 02:30 PMAephino Wrote:
12-02-2021, 01:06 PMsve7en Wrote: Fuckin mood
 Here I am agreeing with sve7en for once. Cheers HO

Careful they might kick you out of Texas if it happens too much lmao

RE: Changes to Regression - Segi - 12-02-2021

It's gonna be a tough off season, but I think this will end up being a good change for the league overall. It sucks for the S53 and S54 classes, but it had to happen at some point and I do appreciate that old classes weren't in any way grandfathered from this rule, so we'll start to see the effects of this change sooner.

RE: Changes to Regression - PremierBromanov - 12-02-2021

Rather than an up front penalty, lets just combine S54 and S53 and delete S54.

RE: Changes to Regression - mer - 12-02-2021

12-02-2021, 01:55 PMRashfordU Wrote: Imagine being an updater

IMAGINE!

Surrender

RE: Changes to Regression - Fantobens - 12-02-2021

12-02-2021, 02:43 PMPremierBromanov Wrote: Rather than an up front penalty, lets just combine S54 and S53 and delete S54.

Sucks for us s54 people only because we are first. S53 has 2 seasons of regression at once.

RE: Changes to Regression - luke - 12-02-2021

Thanks Tommy for helping out the S43’s and not making regression harder for us, that’s why we put you in there

RE: Changes to Regression - ByrdeMan - 12-02-2021

12-02-2021, 01:46 PMGCool Wrote:
12-02-2021, 01:21 PMByrdeMan Wrote: I see the trend is that the good teams disagree and the bad teams agree.

Early signs of a decent change
Disagree bad GMs will still be bad GMs

RE: Changes to Regression - Rankle - 12-02-2021

Maybe I'll get to recreate before I hit three years on my player now

RE: Changes to Regression - roastpuff - 12-02-2021

Now that I got my initial knee-jerk reaction out of the way, I'd like to post a more measured missive.

This change sucks. As a max earner, it's a hard slog to get to the top and hit your peak TPE before regression. The reward for that was supposed to be that you got to enjoy it for a couple of seasons, and then start regressing. I understand that the desire was to make more room for players on the various teams, and encourage people to recreate instead of hanging around.

My first beef:
Do that by steepening regression on the back end. Not the front end.

Why you're letting players 6-8 seasons in regression hang around boggles me - why bother? Ramp it up quickly to end up 30% after 10 seasons.

My second beef:
You just fucked two of the better classes in the league.

The S53 class is probably the best class since S46. The S54 class is just as good if not even slightly better. You just fucked both classes in one move, super nice. Efficient. I understand that you wanted to get the pain over with, but these two classes have a HUGE max earning group that you've just stripped out of 20% of their hard-earned TPE. These were the guys who wanted to challenge for the all-time records, and they HAD A GOOD SHOT AT IT. Had. No longer do because you've just robbed them of the opportunity for that.

There has to be a better way around the implementation than "Oh well, sorry guys you just got fucked. Love, HO."

I think with this severe regression change we need to come up with new HOF/Era records.

Third beef:
The one-and-done's get fucked over

Yes, you want people to recreate. Yes, people were hanging around too long. But those guys who wanted to make just one player, they've just been alienated. They feel unwanted. They've been told, "Don't stay around, don't want you, bye."

Thanks for listening to my rant. As it stands, I'm likely to not recreate after Liljestrom is done, which will be sooner than I thought. I feel hurt, I feel like I've been kicked while I'm down. It takes a lot of time, and effort, to get a player to peak. And I feel like my time and effort is unappreciated, and isn't worth anything to anyone but myself.

@nour @"TommySalami" @Rangerjase @Keygan @Fluw @Patty

RE: Changes to Regression - brickwall35 - 12-02-2021

12-02-2021, 03:02 PMByrdeMan Wrote:
12-02-2021, 01:46 PMGCool Wrote: Early signs of a decent change
Disagree bad GMs will still be bad GMs
Someone quote this with that "bad GMs" pasta

RE: Changes to Regression - sköldpaddor - 12-02-2021

12-02-2021, 03:19 PMroastpuff Wrote: There has to be a better way around the implementation than "Oh well, sorry guys you just got fucked. Love, HO."
this

Quote:I think with this severe regression change we need to come up with new HOF/Era records.
and this

Quote:I feel hurt, I feel like I've been kicked while I'm down. It takes a lot of time, and effort, to get a player to peak. And I feel like my time and effort is unappreciated, and isn't worth anything to anyone but myself.
and this

are what I have been yelling at anybody who will listen for the past hour.

RE: Changes to Regression - Carpy48 - 12-02-2021

12-02-2021, 02:15 PMbbjygm Wrote: What'll happen to career records? I would think this starts a new era with the shortened careers and less player TPE in the regression stage

At this point both you and me have been part of like 4(?) eras? I can't even keep track anymore.

RE: Changes to Regression - spooked - 12-02-2021

12-02-2021, 03:19 PMroastpuff Wrote: Now that I got my initial knee-jerk reaction out of the way, I'd like to post a more measured missive.

This change sucks. As a max earner, it's a hard slog to get to the top and hit your peak TPE before regression. The reward for that was supposed to be that you got to enjoy it for a couple of seasons, and then start regressing. I understand that the desire was to make more room for players on the various teams, and encourage people to recreate instead of hanging around.

My first beef:
Do that by steepening regression on the back end. Not the front end.

Why you're letting players 6-8 seasons in regression hang around boggles me - why bother? Ramp it up quickly to end up 30% after 10  seasons.

My second beef:
You just fucked two of the better classes in the league.

The S53 class is probably the best class since S46. The S54 class is just as good if not even slightly better. You just fucked both classes in one move, super nice. Efficient. I understand that you wanted to get the pain over with, but these two classes have a HUGE max earning group that you've just stripped out of 20% of their hard-earned TPE. These were the guys who wanted to challenge for the all-time records, and they HAD A GOOD SHOT AT IT. Had. No longer do because you've just robbed them of the opportunity for that.

There has to be a better way around the implementation than "Oh well, sorry guys you just got fucked. Love, HO."

I think with this severe regression change we need to come up with new HOF/Era records.

Third beef:
The one-and-done's get fucked over

Yes, you want people to recreate. Yes, people were hanging around too long. But those guys who wanted to make just one player, they've just been alienated. They feel unwanted.  They've been told, "Don't stay around, don't want you, bye."

Thanks for listening to my rant. As it stands, I'm likely to not recreate after Liljestrom is done, which will be sooner than I thought. I feel hurt, I feel like I've been kicked while I'm down. It takes a lot of time, and effort, to get a player to peak. And I feel like my time and effort is unappreciated, and isn't worth anything to anyone but myself.

Peak now will still be peak post-change cause its all relative to the league. Moving regression up a season and increasing it also reduced the time it takes to get to a "peak" relative as the top end of the league that you need to reach is lower by a season or two at least. Everything is relative here so the peak may move up a season or something but if you are the top 10% of the league you are still at your peak even if 400 TPE lower etc.

Back end regression doesn't solve the issues the league has right now (people having too many "peak" seasons basically), so that is literally null. The point is not to have people fall off cliffs its to lower the top end and increase the natural decline of players/teams over time.

someone needs to be the one getting fucked when any change is made too, so really like pain now or pain later. If something is going to be fixed, rip the band aid and do it imo. Unlucky, but it is what it is, and really everything is relative so its not like its even that bad to any specific person.

RE: Changes to Regression - Mooty99 - 12-02-2021

A welcome change and a step in the right direction. Good work HO

RE: Changes to Regression - spooked - 12-02-2021

12-02-2021, 03:24 PMsköldpaddor Wrote:
12-02-2021, 03:19 PMroastpuff Wrote: There has to be a better way around the implementation than "Oh well, sorry guys you just got fucked. Love, HO."
this

Quote:I think with this severe regression change we need to come up with new HOF/Era records.
and this

Quote:I feel hurt, I feel like I've been kicked while I'm down. It takes a lot of time, and effort, to get a player to peak. And I feel like my time and effort is unappreciated, and isn't worth anything to anyone but myself.
and this

are what I have been yelling at anybody who will listen for the past hour.

My question is... what would you like them to do different that would actually work and not fuck over somebody else. it is one thing if you have a valid idea, its another if its just a matter of "screw anyone but me".