Simulation Hockey League
S56 PT #4 - HOF Snub - Printable Version

+- Simulation Hockey League (https://simulationhockey.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: SHL Player Progression (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+---- Forum: PT Archive (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=564)
+---- Thread: S56 PT #4 - HOF Snub (/showthread.php?tid=111048)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

RE: S56 PT #4 - HOF Snub - ddrector - 10-22-2020

ISFL PT

RE: S56 PT #4 - HOF Snub - AL GRINGO - 10-22-2020

PBE Welfare

RE: S56 PT #4 - HOF Snub - thedangazone - 10-22-2020

My snub probably would never make it in anyways and I'm biased so I'm going to write about my own player in Roman Augustus. At 523 points in 750 regular season games it's very close to that 600 point threshold that some people talk about for making it into the hall. I think the main thing people forget about with Augustus though is he spent the first 5 seasons of his career as a Defenseman so those 5 seasons he was never able to get a forward's amount of points before switching. On top of that he added 600 hits and 500 shots blocked both of which are great numbers for a well rounded career. He won 2 challenge cups. He was nominated for the Ron Mexico losing to his own teammate. He won the Jeff Darr that same season after finishing 2nd in the league in points and having a ton of hits. In that same season he got 2nd team all star, no idea how he got only 2nd team after being nominated for mvp, winning best 2 way, and finishing 2nd in points. Was absolutely robbed of 1st team all star. I think he will never make it into the hall but I do believe that he is overlooked on the 5 seasons as a defenseman and that he was robbed on his all star selection.

RE: S56 PT #4 - HOF Snub - damienj10 - 10-22-2020

So I am just gonna say it my first player who played for west kendall mr Daaaaaamiennn weerrrtz. He was having a hard time in west kendall for the start of his career 1400 tpe and 25 points a season which is frusturating so I decided to take my talents elsewhere in FA but instead I got traded last second to toronto. This is where I would shine. back to back 50+ point seasons followed by a 48 point season and also got the cup for the toronto north stars in the best game 7 on the website I promise. now I decided to retire maybe a little early. I should have waiting until 600 points but I ended off with 500+ which is still top 100 I beleive and it was top 30 when I retired and got 0 votes all the way through. which is very sad lol. at the end of the day he got snubbed on even getting voted. which is depressing he only had 1 cup and tons of nominations but 0 wins on the end of season awards. rip my first player. my second player also wont make it as he had only like 300 points. the switch to FHM ruined my second player and made me lose interest lol. now this goaltender is making HOF I do not care. it has to happen!!!!!

230 words

RE: S56 PT #4 - HOF Snub - gurbs - 10-22-2020

Being a first-gen player this PT was both difficult but also a great learning experience to better my knowledge of SHL history. After going through the spreadsheet, and analyzing players that have not made the HOF, my pick for the HOF would be: Mikke Laukkanen. With 15 seasons in the league, Mikke has shown longevity and also has the stats to where he should be in the HOF. Players will less: seasons played, fewer wins & fewer shutouts have made the hall. Mikke Laukkanen is a clear outlier on the chart and everyone around him is in the hall so the question is, why not Mikke? Let's compare stats, shall we... Lauris Prukulis is a goalie in the HOF, and this is no knock on Lauris, the numbers support his case and he truly deserves to be in the HOF. But the question remains, if Lauris is in the HOF why not Mikke who may not be have Lauris numbers but similar stats.

Mikke Laukkanen 15 seasons 603-329-219 (W-L-OTL) 0.904686 2.864013 (SV% GAA)
Lauris Prikulis 14 seasons 623-318-244 (W-L-OTL) 0.907097 2.576244 (SV% GAA)

RE: S56 PT #4 - HOF Snub - Aephino - 10-22-2020

One player who I think could be in the Hall of Fame, or at least nominated, is Brandon Cant. He did not have the flashiest plays or stats, but he did manage 26 seasons and 1110 games played! Over that time, he had 118 goals and 440 assists, putting him at 558 points. This has him over 0.5 points per game. But his points are not where he shines. Over his career, Brandon Cant also had 1147 hits and 1211 shots blocked, which is certainly more than other Hall of Fame players. Perhaps people were deterred by his lower goal to game ratio, or PPG, but he has 26 freaking seasons played! He was a beast with crazy endurance who deserves at least the recognition. There is something remarkable about longevity that can make it more meaningful than a player with a few hot seasons. Cant for HOF!

RE: S56 PT #4 - HOF Snub - luke - 10-22-2020

So for being the head historian, I have a lot of time on my hands to look at the history of the league. And while this sheet I compiled is good, it doesnt really telll the whole story as taht involves getting what era they played in, what awards they were nommed for and won. What all stars they were in. As well their playoff numbers, but Hotdog and I decided that would be too much for a simple PT, so we came up with this. So the person I think should be in the HOF when its all said and done is Alex Light. I even wrote a whole article on why he should be in the HOF. He has the point, he has the playoff points, 119 points in 141 playoff points. the only knocks on him is his hardware. He has 3 cups of course, but only 2 3rd All stars and a razov nomination. But he was one of the consistently top forwards of his time, and someone that should be in the HOF.

RE: S56 PT #4 - HOF Snub - StadiumGambler - 10-22-2020

I feel like Pietra Volkova got snubbed for Hall of Fame. 528 points in 701 games is a pretty respectable total, but Volkova was also one of the members of the hallowed 2000 TPE club, won at least one Cup (possibly more?), and Volkova's user pris is regarded as a class act by pretty much everyone I know on the site. Volkova might fall into hall of Very Good territory, but there are HOFers with comparable point totals such as Reggie Williams and Riley Raycroft, so Volkova wouldn't be the worst add.

Another possible HOF candidate is Bobby Watson. Watson might be overlooked because he was on some pretty bad Chiefs teams, but he was also on that high-offense one with Dick Skillstedt and Terrance Nova that did some damage league-wide during their prime. Watson played with a lot of dignity and on-ice leadership, and I'm hoping he'll get the nod sometime.

RE: S56 PT #4 - HOF Snub - littleb - 10-22-2020

If Beaujeaux Biscuit doesn't get voted in this season it seems criminal to me even as a newer player! Looking at his stats it seems bizarre he wouldn't be when he is 3rd in wins at a whopping 368 while facing the second most shots of any keeper at 21,265! Some may have argued that his GAA of 2.926 isn't an outstanding number or that his total shutouts is well below the top netminders of this era! However, when coupled with the attempts against him in still made for an impressive 0.90656 Save% which appears to be top 5 of all time. To earn that while seeing all that rubber is a feat few can boast! Add to that 3 championships and an impressive collection of 5 gold medals in international play and you can't look past this star anymore! I fully expect that his name will be added this season!

RE: S56 PT #4 - HOF Snub - peej2189 - 10-22-2020

Alex Light is my first pick for someone who needs to be put into the HOF today. Playing 18 total seasons and has the most goals and most points for the WKP/BAP at 331 and 726 respectively. That puts them at 32 All time in points, 22nd all time in goals, 60th in all time assists, and 37th in gwg. Just based off those stats alone, being as highly ranked in each, and being the highest scoring player to come out of BAP. This deserves a HOF right away. Lets keep discussing however. There were 9 seasons of 20+ goals, this puts him in the running of one of 18 SHL players to have had 9+ seasons of 20+ goals. All but four of those players are in the HOF at this point in time, with 2 players who are active I believe. Lastly, they have gotten 3 Challenge Cups. Absolutely astonishing. Hopefully Light will get put into the HOF soon.

RE: S56 PT #4 - HOF Snub - raymond3000 - 10-22-2020

Zander Rhys has not only been snubbed from the Hall of Fame, but he has been left out of the Hall of Fame nomination process altogether. One must wonder what Rhys has done to draw the ire of the league, but just focusing on his on-ice play, Zander Rhys is a sure fire Hall of Famer. He played 19 seasons in the SHL, all with the Toronto North Stars except for a two season spell in Hamilton, and finished with 468 points, putting him in the top 10 all-time for defenseman scoring. Rhys was a two-way force as well, as evidenced by being sixth all time in shot blocks. He was named to a post-season all-star team 5 times, two of those on the first all star team. In terms of awards Rhys never won the Stevens trophy but was a finalist three times and also has a Richan trophy to boot. The one area Rhys is lacking in is team success, as he played for a number of middling teams throughout his career, and the only real contender he played on was the Challenge Cup winning North Stars in his rookie season in S35.

RE: S56 PT #4 - HOF Snub - ztevans - 10-22-2020

I could complete this PT three or four or five times over just from people out of the Season 31 Draft Class, which is impressive considering that class is already represented in the Hall of Fame by ... *deep breath* ... Timo Haas, Zach Evans, Ace Redding, Jason Visser, Alexis Metzler and Ludwig Koch Schroder. Joe Kurczewski isn't a snub yet, he hasn't been on the ballot and he'll have no trouble making the Hall. So forced to choose between others, let's go full homer and talk about Corey Bearss.

People often look at Corey Bearss as the third wheel of Winnipeg's "S31 Boys," the groundwork for the dominant Jets teams of the late 30s and early 40s. In reality, Bearss arguably had a stronger all-around career than Zach Evans - and there's no shame in not being able to say the same against Jason Visser BECAUSE NO ONE IN THE LEAGUE'S HISTORY CAN, DON'T AT ME.

Yes, Evans had the Sarmad Khan Trophy in S38, but Bearss had more All-Star team selections, an Anton Razov Trophy, and a Ron Mexico nomination of his own.

Let's remove the scope of S31, though. Do you know who sits second, behind King of Kings Jason Visser, on the all-time scoring list in Winnipeg Jets history? It's not Evans. It's not other Hall of Famers such as Vidrik Onoprienko or Luke Fleming. IT'S SCOREY EFFING BEARSS.

Induct Corey Bearss into the Hall of Fame. Just do it.

RE: S56 PT #4 - HOF Snub - Fluw - 10-22-2020

[Image: 389b1d4327762538086c4f6323945440.png]

RE: S56 PT #4 - HOF Snub - kenvald - 10-22-2020

Looking at the data Luke shared it's clear to me that Beaujeaux Biscuit needs to be added to the Hall of Fame. Just looking at the stats for current Hall of Famers and comparing them to Biscuit there are plenty of them with less games played and worse stats. Of course it's not all about the numbers. But looking at the cups and gold medals to his name I was surprised to find him on the outside looking in.

But maybe the reason why he's not in the Hall of Fame yet is because it's still early. Maybe he's not a first ballot kind of Hall of Famer. Maybe the big difference in stats to some already Hall of Fame goalies is because the bar was lower early on. But with other goalies in there with less than half the amount of games played, _and_ with way less achievements. Just relatively speaking, compared to the other goalies already in there, Biscuit has done and won so much more.

RE: S56 PT #4 - HOF Snub - Evok - 10-22-2020

As of right now, Robert Phelps fall into the category of Retired players not in the hall of fame. Of course, he just retired, so it's not like he event had a chance to get on ballot yet, but it's an absolute no brainer that this game will make it as a first ballot as well. In 950 games right now, Robert Phelps has an impressive 949 points. It's almost a point per game! The closest in terms of PPG in the top of the league is probably Terrance Nova, who had 1006 in 1050. What's super impressive for Phelps is that he's currently the top 5 in points in the league with so little games. There's only two players in the top 10 with less than 1K games. It's super impressive to see that his player produced so much that he has a chance to be in the top 4 at the end of the current season. Actually i just checked and he's going to pass Garbanzo for the top 4.