Simulation Hockey League
Your Player's DnD 5e Stats Part 1: Class - Printable Version

+- Simulation Hockey League (https://simulationhockey.com)
+-- Forum: League Media (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=610)
+--- Forum: SHL Media (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=46)
+---- Forum: Graded Articles (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=545)
+---- Thread: Your Player's DnD 5e Stats Part 1: Class (/showthread.php?tid=120460)

Pages: 1 2 3

Your Player's DnD 5e Stats Part 1: Class - PremierBromanov - 11-23-2021

Recently I got confused as to what someone had meant by "Fantasy" in their title, which is silly considering how active I try to be in the SHL Fantasy Landscape, but either way it gave me the completely original never been done before idea to make a system by which YOU can create your very own Dungeons and Dragons 5th Edition character using your build and stats (hereafter referred to as DnD 5e)

The cool part is that DnD 5e and FHM stats follow a similar scale from 1 to 20, with exceptional status to stats higher than 20. Most of the time a character cannot exceed 20 in a stat without additional feats or equipment, though some monsters can have stats higher than 30.

For the uninitiated, a basic stat block for a DnD 5e is composed of 6 different stats. Dexterity, Strength, Constitution, Wisdom, Charisma, and Intelligence. The first 3 are considered physical stats and the last 3 are mental.

From the compendium :
Dexterity:
Quote:Dexterity measures agility, reflexes, and balance.
Strength:
Quote:Strength measures bodily power, athletic training, and the extent to which you can exert raw physical force.
Constitution:
Quote:Constitution measures health, stamina, and vital force.
Wisdom:
Quote:Wisdom reflects how attuned you are to the world around you and represents perceptiveness and intuition.
Charisma:
Quote:Charisma measures your ability to interact effectively with others. It includes such factors as confidence and eloquence, and it can represent a charming or commanding personality.
Intelligence:
Quote:Intelligence measures mental acuity, accuracy of recall, and the ability to reason.
Additionally, there are 14 classes in DnD5e, with many archetypes in those classes for further customization

These classes are as follows  Barbarian, Bard, Cleric, Druid, Fighter, Monk, Paladin, Ranger, Rogue, Sorcerer, Wizard, Artificer, and Blood Hunter. The latter two are additions to the base game. For the purposes of finding out what class you are, i've given each class two unique combinations of stats to represent them. Our process will involve finding your two highest stats and comparing them to this list, but more on that later. Each class in DnD5e uses stats differently. They usually have one important stat that determines how effective they are in battle or roleplay. For instance, a Wizard uses intelligence to cast spells, but a warlock will use charisma. Meanwhile, a barbarian uses strength to deal damage, but can also use constitution to augment that. Side note: Many classes overlap in how important stats can be for them, and in the interest of giving them unique combinations, some may seem a bit of a stretch or may not have their 100% most efficient combination. Cleric has two combinations, since there are 15 possible unique combinations and only 14 classes.

Barbarian:
Strength and Constitution
Quote:A fierce warrior of primitive background who can enter a battle rage

Bard:
Dexterity and Charisma
Quote:An inspiring magician whose power echoes the music of creation

Cleric:
Strength and Wisdom (Offensive)
OR
Constitution and Wisdom (Defensive/Support)
Quote:A priestly champion who wields divine magic in service of a higher power

Druid:
Wisdom and Intelligence
Quote:A priest of the Old Faith, wielding the powers of nature and adopting animal forms

Fighter:
Dexterity and Strength
Quote:A master of martial combat, skilled with a variety of weapons and armor

Monk:
Dexterity and Wisdom
Quote:A master of martial arts, harnessing the power of the body in pursuit of physical and spiritual perfection

Paladin:
Strength and Charisma
Quote:A holy warrior bound to a sacred oath

Ranger:
Dexterity and Constitution
Quote:A warrior who combats threats on the edges of civilization

Rogue:
Dexterity and Intelligence
Quote:A scoundrel who uses stealth and trickery to overcome obstacles and enemies

Sorcerer:
Constitution and Charisma
Quote:A spellcaster who draws on inherent magic from a gift or bloodline

Warlock:
Wisdom and Charisma
Quote:A wielder of magic that is derived from a bargain with an extraplanar entity

Wizard:
Charisma and Intelligence
Quote:A scholarly magic-user capable of manipulating the structures of reality

Artificer:
Constitution and Intelligence
Quote:Masters of invention, artificers use ingenuity and magic to unlock extraordinary capabilities in objects

Blood Hunter:
Strength and Intelligence
Quote:A fanatical slayer that embraces dark knowledge to destroy evil

Calculating your Class
Now that we understand the stats and classes a little bit, we can finally calculate our class.

Step 1: Determine your temporary stats.
These stats are purely to help filter us into the correct category. We will take our two highest stats and align them with the proper class.

To determine your temporary stats, we will separate each of our player attributes into one of the 6 stat categories and find the average. See the table below

Dexterity Strength Constitution Wisdom Charisma Intelligence
Agility StrengthStamina Getting Open Faceoffs Offensive Read
Balance CheckingScreening Positioning Shooting Acc Speed
Puckhandling AccelerationHitting Defensive Read Stickchecking Passing

So under each column, calculate the average of the three attributes that belong to that column. The result is your temporary stat block which we will use to determine your class. In later parts, we will more accurately determine your stats.

For me, it looks like this
Dexterity 16.66666667
Strength 17.66666667
Constitution 14.33333333
Wisdom 17.66666667
Charisma 16.66666667
Intellect 17.33333333

Step 2: Find the two highest stats (and tiebreakers)

Step 2 can be easy if your stats are nice. Find your two highest stats. If you only have 2 stats that are exclusively the highest, move on to step 3.

Tie-Breaker

In the event of a tie for any of your stats, either for highest or second highest, we will have to calculate a tie breaker. Consider the table below

Stat Step 1 Step 2
Dexterity Goalsblock
Strength Assistshit
Constitution Assistsblock
Wisdom Assistsshots
Charisma Goalsshots
Intellect Goalshit

To break a tie, find all of the stats that are tied under the stat column.

Then, for step 1, figure out if you have more goals or assists this season (if they are the same, use goals). Get rid of any of the tied stats that do not have your highest SHL-Stat. For example, if you have Dexterity, Strength, and Constitution tied and your player has more assists than goals, you will drop dexterity leaving you with Strength and Constitution.

If you still have a tie that needs to be broken (that is, you havent found 2 of your highest stats), move on to step 2.

For step 2, using the remaining tied stats, find your highest SHL-Stats this season for hits, blocks, and shots. Take the stat that aligns with your highest SHL-stat as shown in the table. If you need an additional stat, take the second highest as well.  For example, using our previous example from step one, we have strength and constitution remaining. If I needed to tie break these as well, i would find my highest SHL-stat between hits and blocks. Since I have more hits than blocks, I would be left with Strength as the tie-breaker.

If for some reason you still haven't broken all ties, roll a d6 for each stat still tied and take the stats with the higher rolls. Do this until all ties are broken.

Step 3: Consult the table

Once you have your two highest stats, use this table below to find out which class you are.
X Dex Strength Constitution wisdom charisma intellect
Dexterity -Fighter ranger Monk Bard rogue
Strength Fighter- Barb Cleric Pally BH
Constitution rangerBarb - Cleric Sorc Artificer
Wisdom MonkCleric Cleric - Warlock Druid
Charisma BardPally Sorc Warlock - Wizard
Intellect rogueBH Artificer Druid Wizard -

Lets use me again for example
Dexterity 16.66666667
Strength 17.66666667
Constitution 14.33333333
Wisdom 17.66666667
Charisma 16.66666667
Intellect 17.33333333

My highest number is 17.666, and there are two of them. This is easy enough, both Strength and Wisdom are my highest stats. It does not matter which one is higher. Looking at the table, I can see I am a Cleric.

That all for part 1! Later we will discover our backgrounds, archetypes, skills, and stat blocks.

Please let me know below what class you end up being!

UPDATE

Goalies can play now too. I did my best but I know fuckall about goalies. There are so few attributes that only 2 attributes per stat are required to calculate.

here's the tie braker

Stat Step 1 Step 2Step 3
Dexterity Winssv > .9GAA > 3
Strength Lossessv > .9GAA < 3
Constitution Lossessv < .9GAA > 3
Wisdom Lossessv < .9GAA < 3
Charisma Winssv < .9GAA < 3
Intellect Winssv < .9GAA > 3

Also, here's a sheet you can copy to do your work

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1No1HAMuiydEYGgoU8OGhp-hQXvOrydkcIIF9CUFLcyQ/edit?usp=sharing

RE: Your Player's DnD 5e Stats Part 1: Class - BadWolf - 11-23-2021

Can you do it for me?

RE: Your Player's DnD 5e Stats Part 1: Class - PremierBromanov - 11-23-2021

11-23-2021, 01:30 PMBadWolf Wrote: Can you do it for me?

copy the sheet
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1No1HAMuiydEYGgoU8OGhp-hQXvOrydkcIIF9CUFLcyQ/edit?usp=sharing

RE: Your Player's DnD 5e Stats Part 1: Class - sve7en - 11-23-2021

Rogue gang

RE: Your Player's DnD 5e Stats Part 1: Class - Rangerjase - 11-23-2021

Strength and Dex. I'm a fighter. COME AT ME BRO

RE: Your Player's DnD 5e Stats Part 1: Class - mastersheep - 11-23-2021

11-23-2021, 01:34 PMPremierBromanov Wrote:

copy the sheet

I think a couple of formulas are broken. Intellect has defensive read as part of the average instead of passing and Dexterity has two that don't match.

11-23-2021, 01:55 PMmastersheep Wrote:
11-23-2021, 01:34 PMPremierBromanov Wrote: copy the sheet

I think a couple of formulas are broken.  Intellect has defensive read as part of the average instead of passing and Dexterity has two that don't match.

good catch, i was fuckin with em earlier

RE: Your Player's DnD 5e Stats Part 1: Class - mastersheep - 11-23-2021

I ended up as a cleric. Very curious what the breakdown for these will end up being.

11-23-2021, 02:06 PMmastersheep Wrote: I ended up as a cleric.  Very curious what the breakdown for these will end up being.

i tried my best to limit the meta aspect here, such as separating some of the key drivers in most builds. There are some stats unaccounted for (blocking, shooting range, aggression, bravery) that could help change the spread

RE: Your Player's DnD 5e Stats Part 1: Class - monochroma - 11-23-2021

RETURN TO MONK

RE: Your Player's DnD 5e Stats Part 1: Class - BadWolf - 11-23-2021

11-23-2021, 01:34 PMPremierBromanov Wrote:

copy the sheet
Oh heck ya!
Dexterity and strength. Guess Ergo is a fighter.
Let’s go!

RE: Your Player's DnD 5e Stats Part 1: Class - SFresh3 - 11-23-2021

Rogue squad!

RE: Your Player's DnD 5e Stats Part 1: Class - brickwall35 - 11-23-2021

Goalies yet again left out of the fun

11-23-2021, 03:36 PMbrickwall35 Wrote: Goalies yet again left out of the fun

as god intended

RE: Your Player's DnD 5e Stats Part 1: Class - Keven - 11-23-2021

Add another cleric to the count here