Simulation Hockey League
[OLD] Welcome to the League Survey PT - Printable Version

+- Simulation Hockey League (https://simulationhockey.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: SMJHL Player Progression (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=66)
+---- Forum: PT Archive (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=561)
+---- Thread: [OLD] Welcome to the League Survey PT (/showthread.php?tid=50410)

- Pesa - 10-28-2015

1) How did you find us?

User Swegkingu

2) Is the the site easy to navigate as a newcomer?

Not really to be honest, a little confusing.

3) Did you have any trouble creating your player?

Not really, no.

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help?

Only the written, it was great!

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament)

I came in late, but a tourney for sure.

6) Give us one suggestion to make this site easier on new members.

I don't know.

- SabresFan - 10-31-2015

1) How did you find us?

I googled "hockey player simulation"

Any difficulty in navigating the site is due to the complexity of the game or the simulation. I suspect it is only learning curve.

I had little trouble at all. If my first player turns out poorly, there can always be another.

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help?

I used the text description with links. That was helpful enough for me. Any mistakes I made were in the rush to want to play.

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?

Combines? Interviews? Prospect Camps? Prospect Tournaments? Whatever can be programmed or simulated is fine with me.

I have two ideas:

The first is a true rookie tutorial or guide. Such a thing might be available already and I just can't find it easily. The advantage of this is that it might not take too much involvement from staff once it is complete.

My second idea is to have a role-play scenario were an established player, coach or manager at your level takes you under their wing and provides some guidance. That mentor gets leadership rewards based upon the rookie's improvement. I like this one better if the community is willing.

- ViN - 11-01-2015

1) How did you find us?
A post on Reddit.

For me it was a little difficult but I am slowly getting used to things.

No.

Yes and yes it helped.

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament)
Already drafted Falcons

I don't really have any. Maybe a forum section for noobs. If we have one I missed it but a forum section for noobs where new people can post questions they are having.

- LM92 - 11-01-2015

1) How did you find us?
Reddit a while ago, book marked the site but only just came by.

The first message with all the hyper links was very handy.

None at all was clear once I did some reading.

I did not watch the video but I read the rest of the page and yes it was very helpful. It is a new concept and looked daunting but it actually is quite simple.

I believe I missed the SMJHL Draft.

Keep the General Manager information updated, messaged someone and they told me to message someone else Smile
Not a big deal just the only minor thing I've encountered.

- SoviiG - 11-04-2015

1) How did you find us? - From www.lshl.lv

2) Is the the site easy to navigate as a newcomer? Not really, too much information for a newcomer. :D

3) Did you have any trouble creating your player? No.

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help? Yes, the written tutorials.

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament) I missed the draft :(

6) Give us one suggestion to make this site easier on new members. I really don't now. :unsure:

- evrydayimbyfuglien - 11-11-2015

1) How did you find us?

Someone on reddit posted about joining a league similar to this that used NHL players instead of creating their own. I googled simulation hockey league and this was the first link I clicked.

If you have experience in forums, yes. If I hadn't used forums before, I would be lost as I was the first time I used forums for anything.

Creating? No. Making decisions? Yes.

I used the written and it helped immensely.

I think the draft already happened? But a prospect tournament or few games at least would be nice. Maybe do age ranges.

Seems like there are a lot of "NEW MEMBERS GO HERE" or "CREATE A PLAYER USING THIS" threads that each one only gives you half the info you need. Maybe I was in the wrong place but putting it all in one thread would help, which is done already so I guess maybe removing redundant threads is my suggestion.

- RainDelay - 11-13-2015

1) How did you find us?

I was looking for a simulation league, preferably a hockey one, and I had previously heard of this site through people like Enigmatic, And1, and Ramicus. I clicked it, it looked awesome, so I joined up.

Yes and no. Everything is set up and explained well once you find it, but finding it can be a chore. Thankfully, there were plenty of helpful veteran members around.

No trouble. I had a goal in mind and crafted my player to my liking.

I did watch (or listen) to the video and it did point me in the write direction. Thanks to the creators!

I understand this question is slightly out of date, since it seems there is indeed a Prospect Tournament already. But that was certainly a good idea. Luckily, I didn't have to wait, I was signed on the first day.

Maybe put together one BIG guidebook with all the How-To's in it instead of scattering them around the site. I cant make you do that, though, for I wouldn't want to be in charge of making that myself lol

In closing, the site is awesome, and I'm happy to be a part of the league!

-RD

- NovaRC - 11-13-2015

1) How did you find us?
/u/Fernand126 on Reddit in June '15
yeah, the many things you have to do are sort of confusing for actual first-time visitors
no
i dont need ur videos kid
snipe genos
A new chatzy ffs

- Orlando - 11-14-2015

Thought re-creates weren't eligible for this.

- Witty - 11-15-2015

1) How did you find us?
Searched "hockey sim league"
Yes.
Nope.
No.
Do some nice writing prompts, the current one I'm all out of ideas on
Make earning TPE easier, there's a lot to do

- MP7 - 11-17-2015

1) How did you find us?
found a post on Steam (playing EHM:EA)

not realy, but i will learn it. Wink

no

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help? Video --> yes

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament) season has started. Hope someone will sign me

I don't know. :o

- therisinghippo - 12-17-2015

1) How did you find us?

MassiveCoiler, Austin6, Sludge, and Ace

Yes, just like other forum sites. It is a bit overwhelming, though.

None, thanks MassiveCoiler for the help.

Written, and it was very useful.

Prospect tourney would be very fun, and lots of PT opportunities would be great.

Archive/delete old/useless threads. Sometimes you have to dig to get to the good stuff. Posts from previous seasons could get consolidated maybe?

- LoLee - 12-20-2015

1) How did you find us?
My friend Raferum showed me the site.

2) Is the site easy to navigate as a newcomer?
Not really, needed some help.

No, I got lots of help from Raferum and Eggy216.

I used Bojo's website, and lots of help.

Getting used to the environment.

- Biznasty - 12-25-2015

1) How did you find us? Copenhagen told me about it.

2) Is the the site easy to navigate as a newcomer? Not really but it's getting easier.

3) Did you have any trouble creating your player? I had help from Cope but if I didn't I may have been confused.

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help? Yes the written one helped.

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament) Tourney for cash.

6) Give us one suggestion to make this site easier on new members. Having a mentor would help as it did for me.

- rrireal - 12-28-2015

1) How did you find us?

Through Lil, who talked it up on twitter!

Nooo :( I have been very lost today trying to get around

It took specific instructions from a pal to understand what I was supposed to do, but once I was told "make a post with position and name, fill out the template" I was pretty much okay

(could not find/did not know there was a tutorial)

Prospect tournament sounds like a dream!

Maybe make the how to create a player tutorial very obvious on the homepage so people like me who get lost easily have better luck finding it