Simulation Hockey League
[OLD] Welcome to the League Survey PT - Printable Version

+- Simulation Hockey League (https://simulationhockey.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: SMJHL Player Progression (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=66)
+---- Forum: PT Archive (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=561)
+---- Thread: [OLD] Welcome to the League Survey PT (/showthread.php?tid=50410)

- lizzywho - 03-18-2016

1) How did you find us?
Engine and rrireal ^_^

2) Is the the site easy to navigate as a newcomer?
Not so much; I've been a part of forums before and I've definitely seen some varieties that were easier to navigate than this and some more labyrinthine.

3) Did you have any trouble creating your player?
Nope. Engine's guide re: fancy stats was super helpful, and as a recent first-time RPG'er I'm at least familiar with the character/player creation process.

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help?
I honestly just had my friends walk me through it and check my work.

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament)
N/A – I created my player day-of.

6) Give us one suggestion to make this site easier on new members.
There are definitely some inactive threads that could be cleaned up or better-maintained; site navigation isn't exactly streamlined. It might be good to establish a visual-read sitemap for newbies so they know what's nested where and why; it'd be helpful for finding the important threads more easily (especially update threads– for some reason I personally had the worst time finding those).

- NONAME - 03-20-2016

1) How did you find us?
I have done a sim league in the past and got the urge to join one again so I quickly googled and found a couple and chose this one over the others!

Yes the site is well organized for the most part.

No there are many threads created to help make this process easy.

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help?
I used the written tutorial and it did help. I imagine the video would help even more.

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament)
I didn't have to wait for the draft but a prospect tournament would be a great idea. It would help keep people active while they wait for the draft and give them a little sneak peak on their players performance.

A chat box would be pretty cool.

- Rozentals#73 - 03-23-2016

How did you find us?[/b]
Linsangeles

Yes very easy
No its good
Yes that help me so much
I I would to parcipate to prospect tournament
would to see more graphics and chat box would be pretty cool.

- Bishop - 03-23-2016

1) How did you find us?

Google search for Simulation Hockey Leagues Smile

Its not bad, considering the size and amount of information there is to get to know.

No, that was pretty straight forward.

Yes. Both were helpful

I came in after the draft, so i got right into the action, so no issues here with needing more to do.

I can't really think of one, you just need to have the time to go through it all. That or create a buddy system, so new users have someone to ask questions too, if it is between seasons and therefore they have no team, etc.

- Nate the Great - 04-07-2016

1) How did you find us?

Through my brother

Fairly easy Smile

Not overally. Was a little annoying to have to wait so long though.

No, my brother walked me through it.

A tournemant sounds cool. Develop more I guess.

More easily accesible TPE right off the bat. Seems like the time right after doing the first row of stuff makes for a dead zone.

- Carter - 04-08-2016

1) How did you find us?
My brother told me about the site.

Fairly easy. A bit confusing at first, but you get the hang of it quickly.

No, my brother helped show me where to go, and what I needed to fill out.

No, see above

A kind of bantam league. For a couple people with some robots. Or just some PT's for the new players.

A rookie mentor would be useful.

- Your Mothers Favorite Goalie - 04-08-2016

1) How did you find us?
VHL!
More or less
Nope, I am new to the site but not new to player sims
Nope
Umm...idk. I just want to make the best goalie I can
Have an official leadership person contact you once you create a player. The only people that PMed me were either GMs or people I knew from other sites, and of course the generic Automated message everyone gets. So I think that would help

- Dangles13 - 04-09-2016

Quote:Originally posted by ADwyer87@Apr 8 2016, 01:48 AM

[b]6) Give us one suggestion to make this site easier on new members.

Have an official leadership person contact you once you create a player. The only people that PMed me were either GMs or people I knew from other sites, and of course the generic Automated message everyone gets. So I think that would help[/b]

But I messaged you and I'm a part of the Rookie Committee. Hmm

- jdinino - 04-15-2016

1) How did you find us?
Austin6
Yes everything is well labeled
No the video showed me what to do
Yes they were very helpful
Probably the tournament
An updated walk through

- Justice - 04-18-2016

1) How did you find us?
Harry Hans made a post in a separate forum we're both apart of.

Yes! I've had no trouble getting my bearings and understanding where things were.

Not in the slightest, the resources available for help were very clear and members were very helpful in easing the learning curve.

Yes, I followed the video pretty closely while using the written tutorial as a bit of reference. Helped tons.

I'd have to say the tournament.

Hm, if anything maybe a step by step comprehensive guide on what to expect coming into the league and what to do while waiting for the SMJHL draft. There might be one already though, I might have just forgot about it.

- Quads - 04-19-2016

1) How did you find us?
My Brother!
Yes, i had no problem whatsoever.
Not Really, I had no issues. Pretty Straight Foward
I used the video tutorial, it really helped out on what to do.
The prospect Tournament for sure!
My Brother told me there are 50 games in the season, i feel like their should be more games in the smjhl or shl.

- psocoptera - 04-19-2016

1) How did you find us? recruited by Jenny

2) Is the the site easy to navigate as a newcomer? moderately. I'm not sure what I haven't found yet that I'll wish I'd found earlier Smile

3) Did you have any trouble creating your player? no

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help? written, and yes

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament) Prospect Tournament sounds fun!

6) Give us one suggestion to make this site easier on new members. maybe a bit more of a timeline guide? I'm not quite sure what I ought to do pre-draft and what I ought *not* to do pre-draft

- odinpbh - 04-23-2016

1) How did you find us?
Saw the Reddit recruitment thread.
To be completely honest, not at first. However, I've been poking around for a couple hours and I'm kind of getting the hang of it.
Not too much, no. The guides helped.
I used both! They helped a lot, I haven't been on a forum like this in years, so it really helped with the navigation. I still had like 20 tabs open, but y'know.
Prospect tournament would be really cool! Otherwise I'm not entirely sure, still getting the hang of this place.
I noticed there's quite a few different guides for different things, so keeping track of those was a little bit difficult. Maybe a guide for all the guides? Or an updated video tutorial?

- JR95 - 04-24-2016

1) How did you find us?

I saw the reddit thread posted in /r/hockey

There are a lot of options, but once you get used to the layout it isn't bad.

Not really. There were a lot of readily available resources to help out.

I used the Written tutorial and it was definitely a huge help!

maybe some exclusive training for prospects awaiting their first draft.

Having a sidebar that users can edit with the pages they use the most could be usefull to reduce tab/bookmark clutter.

- akegs - 04-27-2016

1) How did you find us?
Lots of friends hang out here, so they pulled me in.

It's pretty easy to follow along once you get the hang of what you're looking for.

Not really, I had some good help.

I didn't -- current members helped me.

Prospect Tournament.

This may already exist, and if it does, good for you guys! But it would be helpful to have a few "mentors" that people can go to when they're setting things up. TPE is the hardest thing to get the hang of -- it's definitely helped me having someone to walk me through it.