Simulation Hockey League
[OLD] Welcome to the League Survey PT - Printable Version

+- Simulation Hockey League (https://simulationhockey.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: SMJHL Player Progression (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=66)
+---- Forum: PT Archive (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=561)
+---- Thread: [OLD] Welcome to the League Survey PT (/showthread.php?tid=50410)

- JustAnotherUser - 07-24-2016

1) How did you find us?
Through a reddit post on r/hockey

2) Is the the site easy to navigate as a newcomer?
A bit overwhelming but not too difficult.

3) Did you have any trouble creating your player?
Not at all. The attribute descriptions and templates made it incredibly easy.

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help?
Used the written tutorial and it was very helpful.

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament)
Still trying to get my bearings on the site at the moment Smile

6) Give us one suggestion to make this site easier on new members.
An example of daily tasks one could complete might be helpful.

- ccarico - 07-25-2016

1) How did you find us?
Reddit

Yes-ish, I kinda wandered into places I didn't really understand what was going on at first. But I got it eventually.

A bit, I just had to compare some tutorials over others as they were all just a tad bit different.

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help?
Yes, there were a couple that got referenced. I compared and worked through it though.

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament)
Being new to the site, I'm not so sure. I'd just be glad to jump into the community.

I would lock EVERYTHING you don't need until you get your initial threads done. It would keep your choice of places to go lower and get you a bit more guided assistance.

- Leppish - 07-25-2016

1) How did you find us?
Reddit

It's alright, little difficulty finding some stuff at the start though.

No

I did not.

Not sure.

Can't think of anything right now.

- Gooney - 07-26-2016

1) How did you find us?

Saw a reddit post on /r/Hockey.

Signing up and creating a player was easy enough. Getting used to the training system is a little more confusing but I'm starting to get a hand of it.

No problems at all.

I used the written tutorial and it was very helpful.

I think a prospect tournament would be fun. It would help bridge the cap to the draft.

I think the site is fine the way it is.

- WhereIsWatkins - 07-30-2016

1. Google

2. Yeah sort of

3. No

4. No

5. Draft already happened

6. Dont have one

- shmeeg - 07-31-2016

1) How did you find us?
Reddit
For the most part
Nope, guides were useful
Written tutorial and yes it helped a lot!
Well, draft is over and I'm a Free agent, I don't know if I will either sign or wait until next season to declare for draft (earning tpe in the mean time)
Not really sure, maybe have less categories or combine a few since there are a lot of different sections

- Zante - 07-31-2016

1) How did you find us?
Reddit!

Absolutely, I used to run a few forums for Jedi Academy back in the day so its second nature. Good to be back into a community.

No, I'm not sure if my build will stand up to what my player's expectations are but I looked at what each stat did and I am going from there.

Nope, I just looked at what each skill did for my player and tried to make a well rounded athlete.

I think I missed the draft, I hope a team approaches me to sign me, I would prefer that over reaching out to a GM myself.

I think its as organized as a forum based sim community could be. Excited for the immersion.

- Koke - 08-01-2016

1) How did you find us?
A very old reddit post

2) Is the site easy to navigate as a newcomer?
It was really easy for me but maybe a bit confusing for someone who hasn't used forums before.

The tutorial video did have a little bug, and it created some confusion, but overall I was fine.

Yes, it helped a lot.

Prospect Tournament for sure.

Perhaps an expanded FAQ.

- lmcnicol - 08-03-2016

1) How did you find us?
Saw a post on reddit in r/hockey

Not at first, but with a little help its quite easy to pick up

Not really. The player builder template helped heaps

Written tutorial. Yes it did

Already been drafted. But used the time to familiarise myself with the site

Having a "Countdown To Draft" and "Countdown To Match-Sim" clock on the site would be useful. Especially as someone from another country

- bozzz - 08-03-2016

1) How did you find us?

Reddit! I was looking for info on open fantasy leagues, saw the info for the SHL and figured fuck it, why not?

I mean... kind of? The welcome e-mail helps a whole bunch, but when you first show up, it's not exactly the most obvious how to start with the league. I wasn't sure if there was a time window for new players to come in, if there was rolling entry, etc. etc. Sad, also, about missing the draft! But just bad luck, tbh, nothing to be done.

No -- the actual mechanics of points assignment was easy as pie and the various tools offered made it even easier.

I used the templates, and the java script points calculator.

Prospect tournament sounds like it would be fun! As a free agent, I wonder if there might be some way to organize something for us every so often, so those of us who roll in out of draft season have a way to show off our stuff -- maybe something like a sponsored camp (mimicking Gatorade or Biosteel's camps)?

Metrics on the most desired types of players would be great -- like, generating a character after knowing there's a deficit of playmaker forwards or 2-way defenders or goalies would be so freaking helpful seriously.

- xdestroyer31 - 08-06-2016

1) How did you find us?
SmallWater17 introduced me to this site.

I had some difficulties because I'm dumb. So my friend helped me to navigate on the site.

I had some trouble with the TPE so I asked my friend about that.

No

I entered (started) after the Draft.

Make it easier to understand what goes where.

- wheelingmoms - 08-12-2016

1) How did you find us?

coworker recommended the league to me

Yeah, kinda? Some stuff is confusing, mostly in terms of how to go about squirreling away as much TPE in the beginning as possible, but the intro guides you guys have help pretty well.

no, not with the math anyway. would've been nice to have some recs for veteran player builds so you can kind of see what people have done to build the sort of player you're looking to generate.

no, didn't really need to.

hah, wouldn't really know, didn't enter with a draft. But tournies sound like a sweet idea. Anything that helps the rookies build a better sense of community, maybe.

Legit, I wish there were a way for those of us entering mid season to make-up for missed pre-season TPE; I mean, it's fine if I'm never gonna get ROTY, but to be so far behind in total TPE almost makes it worth waiting for the next draft class, ya know. and if that's the point, maybe some kind of posted schedule for the next draft real time and/or warning about mid-season generation disadvantages

- agodstone - 08-12-2016

1) How did you find us?

Through a random internet search.

It's not necessarily great, but it's not bad either.

I had no issues.

I used the written tutorial, and it did help.

Draft has already passed, so I don't really have an opinion.

Make a guide for how to do general activity on the site after you do all the introductory stuff.

- angryangusburger - 08-22-2016

1) How did you find us?

Google search "Simulation Hockey League"

Easy enough. I just use the PM and user guide.

No.

Yes. Sort of, it was pretty self explanatory.

Prospect Tourney sounds cool.

Idk.

- xiaozmq - 08-24-2016

1) How did you find us?
my friend told me aobut this game
i could say that its ezsy and hard at same time
Yes, I had some trouble putting the TPE for my player
my friend help me a bit
i would like to sign with a team to play in the playofs and train
Put the directly the availble TPE on the player