Simulation Hockey League
[OLD] Welcome to the League Survey PT - Printable Version

+- Simulation Hockey League (https://simulationhockey.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: SMJHL Player Progression (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=66)
+---- Forum: PT Archive (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=561)
+---- Thread: [OLD] Welcome to the League Survey PT (/showthread.php?tid=50410)

- cltnsnw - 08-26-2016

1) How did you find us?

Google

2) Is the the site easy to navigate as a newcomer?

Yes

3) Did you have any trouble creating your player?

No

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help?

Yes and yes.

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament)

Tourney sounds nice.

6) Give us one suggestion to make this site easier on new members.

I don't have one.

- ckroyal92 - 08-26-2016

1) How did you find us?
Google

Yes

No

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help?
Yes & yes

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament)
Trying to learn more about the league & what I can do until the draft

Give suggestions on what to do immediately after player creation

- iOBESE - 08-28-2016

1) How did you find us?
I saw the letters of SHL in a similar forum and decided to google it and here I am.

Not at all, I would say it is opposite to easy. It takes some time to get use to it and I've been here for few hours and it is pretty hard to understand and find stuff. Without the tutorials probably would have been even worse than now.

Did not have any issues with creating my player and the player building tool was a nice thing to have.

I did not use any of those, but I did use the information about the attribute meanings and how do they affect the player in game.

Not sure is it a thing already, but do some scout combine where rookies could earn some extra TPE, the prospect tournament would not be bad to see where your player's at. Hard to tell at the moment.

Update the information that is in the tutorials and pinned topics, also move all the old threads, that are locked and from other seasons, to some kind of archive to not mess with newcomers heads. Besides that I believe that all is fine...just the amount of topics and stuff that makes the forum a little bit hectic at first glance.

- DonutDefender - 09-10-2016

1) How did you find us?

The SBA.

I don't like how many sub-forums there are, but yes, easy enough to find the important areas of the site.

Nope.

No.

Prospect Tournament would be fun. Some PT's would be nice as well.

Like I said above, it''s pretty daunting having to scroll down so far to reach the end of the site. There seems to be endless sub-forums. Would like to see less for sure.

- MWHazard - 09-20-2016

1) How did you find us?
Was recommended to me by somebody in my dynasty fantasy hockey league.

It's a bit of a labyrinth honestly, but I imagine I'll get used to it.

Not in terms of actually creating the player- the rookie mentor, JR, who messaged me was very helfpul.

I looked at the written tutorial- it definitely laid out a good baseline.

Er, the draft is under a week away so anything I can do to make my player better is definitely wanted.

Have one topic, right up front, that says "If you're new, click here" that has the comprehensive guide to getting started (this one) for you to click on first.

- Oliveboy - 09-28-2016

1) How did you find us? My friend recruited me.

2) Is the the site easy to navigate as a newcomer? With someone helping right beside yes Smile

3) Did you have any trouble creating your player? Nope.

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help? Nope.

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament) It already happened.

6) Give us one suggestion to make this site easier on new members. I don't know.

- TaRealJose - 09-30-2016

1) How did you find us?
Justice told me about it.
Seems simple enough is a little confusing
not at all.
Written Tutorial, and yes it did help
Upgrade my Player.
Upgrading TPE could be a little easier Imo

- sash - 09-30-2016

1) How did you find us?
From 2bcsports.com. justices introduced it to me and i found it interesting

Thanks to Justice yes

3) Did you have any trouble creating your player?No,
It was fairly easy
Yes it helped
5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament)idk

6) Give us one suggestion to make this site easier on new members. Nothing really tbh. Sites pretty easy to use as a new member

- John Tavares - 10-01-2016

1) How did you find us?I know <a href='index.php?showuser=2162' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-17'>Justice</a> and he gave me a link here and i thought it looked cool Tongue

2) Is the the site easy to navigate as a newcomer?Kind of, I'm still having a bit of trouble.

3) Did you have any trouble creating your player?Nope.

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help? I used the tool so i'd have a perfect amount of points and not go over :D

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament) Well, i missed the draft and signed with Whalers

6) Give us one suggestion to make this site easier on new members.Make friends, plenty of guys have been willing to help me, and I'm thankful for that.

- ZDub - 10-01-2016

1) How did you find us?

My buddy Brennan is a member (bk1689) and told me about it.

Yes, fairly easy. Didn't take me long at all to find my way around.

No trouble. Just debated for a little while on what type of player to create.

I used the written tutorial and it helped a lot!!

Well, I missed the draft so I am currently a free agent. So while I wait for teams to contact me I have been spending most of my team getting my player page and update page created, as well as checking all of the different forums and going through my inbox trying to decide which team I'd like to sign with!

There's just SO MUCH information all clumped together, not really sure how you could make it any easier to be honest. My advice for new members: you will need a lot of time at first to browse the website and the many different forums to get a good feel of how everything works and where everything is located.

- ZG313 - 10-01-2016

1) How did you find us?
Some folks I know on 2bcSports.com were talking about it, and it looked like fun.

It's rather difficult to navigate to be honest. I'm getting used to it, though.

Yes, I didn't know I had the 155 points to add to my player. Other than that, it was fine.

I used the written tutorial, and it was easier after I read that.

I'm not sure if this applies to me, as I'm signing with a SMJHL team in the preseason.

Make a video helping with site navigation.

- PK88 - 10-01-2016

1) How did you find us?

i'm justice league tbh

not really, was lost for a bit but i found my was eventually.

not too much, the calculator definitely helped A LOT.

written tutorial helped for the most part.

not sure, don't really mind waiting or signing as an FA.

maybe make the site easier to navigate, it's a bit confusing and there's just a lot going on and i think it's very overwhelming at first.

- lil.Didds - 10-03-2016

1) How did you find us?
i am here withe the justice league.

It was a bit overwhelming at first but relatively easy to navigate.

Nope, the examples and what not made it quite easy.

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help? ]
Yes i di, it made everything very clear on how exactly to make the player.

I would like to train as much as possible to get better and better.

I dont know if this exists already but maybe a thread that takes them ste by step and tells them everything they can do after they created a player.

- SuckItPhaneuf - 10-05-2016

1) How did you find us?

Some peeps over at 2bcsports.com said I should join.

Relatively. It's complicated and a little bit overwhelming, but for as intricate as the SHL is, it is very VERY well organised.

Nope, followed the video guide and it went smoothly.

Yep, as you can see above.

I signed a contract already with the St. Louis Scarecrows so I guess that would make me undrafted.

Maybe an updated video tutorial because I know that some aspects of it are outdated.

- DarkHorse - 10-05-2016

1) How did you find us?
I've played in other Sim Leagues and looking for some fresh air I found SHL

At first it's a bit confusing but not that much

Not at all

I used the written tutorial that was really helpful

Idk because Draft already happened