Simulation Hockey League
[OLD] Welcome to the League Survey PT - Printable Version

+- Simulation Hockey League (https://simulationhockey.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: SMJHL Player Progression (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=66)
+---- Forum: PT Archive (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=561)
+---- Thread: [OLD] Welcome to the League Survey PT (/showthread.php?tid=50410)

- Seth - 04-08-2017

1) How did you find us? On HFBoards, I think it was InciteHysteria who posted about it.

2) Is the the site easy to navigate as a newcomer? It's vast and kind of confusing. There's a lot of things you need to learn about, and it's hard to keep track of where everything is.

3) Did you have any trouble creating your player? No it was simple for the most part after I read a couple threads and looked at examples.

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help? No I did not

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament) I missed it

6) Give us one suggestion to make this site easier on new members. I'm really not sure. It seems you guys try to make it as easy as possible. I've had tons of people message me and offer me help.

- Negs - 04-14-2017

1) How did you find us?
My brother told me to join
2) Is the the site easy to navigate as a newcomer?
Quite difficult for mobile.
3) Did you have any trouble creating your player?
No.
4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help?
Written tutorial, but mostly the mentors on Discord.
5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament)
Meet people and make friends :D

6) Give us one suggestion to make this site easier on new members.

- Canucksfan18 - 04-14-2017

1) How did you find us?
My friend told me
Yes it is!
Nope
4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help?
I used the written tutorial it was very helpful.
5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament)
Like to meet friends!
Maybe easier/ more ways to upgrade your player

- liam - 04-20-2017

1) How did you find us? Randomly

2) Is the the site easy to navigate as a newcomer? somewhat

3) Did you have any trouble creating your player? No

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help? Yes/Yes

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament) I created as a free agent, so I didn't have to wait for the draft

6) Give us one suggestion to make this site easier on new members. assigned mentors, maybe? but you already do a lot to make it as easy as possible.

- Slobbin - 04-24-2017

1) How did you find us?

Reddit. A post on r/losangeleskings.

Somewhat. I think (and I may be totally wrong/this may be impossible) that a tutorial page containing ALL of the initial help onto one post with the ability to show/hide certain parts of it would alleviate the struggles I faced when trying to figure out which tab on my browser was for which part of the tutorial. Other than that, it wasn't too bad.

Not at all. Very simple, and the community was there to correct and glaring discrepancies in how many points I had assessed, and into which categories.

I've used the written tutorials up until this point, so yes, it has helped very much. I can't speak to the video tutorial quality.

Learn.

Refer to my answer to question 1. Some of the things are a tad confusing in the way they are explained. I am unfamiliar with forums/code, so a lot of learning is occurring very rapidly.

- Camo - 04-25-2017

1) How did you find us?Friend Kaisonious

2) Is the the site easy to navigate as a newcomer? As a newcomer to online leagues it can be tricky without guidance.

3) Did you have any trouble creating your player?No

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help? No

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament) A prospect tourney would be a very informative way of introducing newcomers to simulation hockey.

6) Give us one suggestion to make this site easier on new members. As a new member, it is difficult to come up with anything needed to make easier. The community seems to take care of new players exceptionally well.

- JackVolt - 04-29-2017

1) How did you find us?
Samee recommended the shl to me as we met in r/hockey discord.
It was a bit confusing at first but I had help from other people.
I had some trouble figuring out the TPE and the numbers but I learned with help.
I used the written tutorial and it helped a bit but what really helped were my teammates on the Whalers helping me.
I hope to do some pre-draft workouts and work on myself as I gear up for the draft and show off my skills to potential teams.
I think the layout could be a bit more clearer but other than that I had a great time learning and I hope to have great years here.

- Lizzy4 - 05-04-2017

1) How did you find us?
I remembered a post on reddit and googled it

Sort of

Not really

I used the written one and it helped

I dont really know

Its confusing but i dont really have a suggestion to fix it

- Clint Eastwood - 05-06-2017

1) How did you find us? Samee told me about you.

2) Is the the site easy to navigate as a newcomer? It's alright, I'm not the sharpest knife in the shed, so my opinion here isn't too reliable, but I've got lost a few times.

3) Did you have any trouble creating your player? Nope, I had none at all.

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help? Yes I did, it did help, so I knew what to do and where to go.

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament) Play for the Kelowna Knights as a FA and hope to win them a cup, oh wait, well look at that, I'm on the Kelowna Knights.

6) Give us one suggestion to make this site easier on new members. Maybe make the welcoming post have links to some certain threads such as the bank, first PT, Welcome to the League survey etc.

- rowser - 05-12-2017

1) How did you find us?

Google probably.

Hard at first, but you end up remembering where everything is.

Nope, the guide was pretty simple.

Yes, the guide was easy to read and understand.

I came in midseason so I didn't have to wait for a draft, but a bunch of PTs would get me in the mood for SHL stuff.

A primer for site navigation would be a good part of the rookie guide, I think.

- GilfredTheGreat - 05-13-2017

1) How did you find us? saw a post on reddit

2) Is the the site easy to navigate as a newcomer? Yeah I feel like whatever you need to find is pretty easy to get to so far

3) Did you have any trouble creating your player? none. I looked around a bit at the tutorials

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help? It was very useful. I used the written because I was on data when i made my player

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament) I would love to see how my player does at stock level before I get into the league. So I know what to improve

6) Give us one suggestion to make this site easier on new members. I feel like generally everything seems pretty great. I'll let you know if i think of something

- Mac - 05-20-2017

1) How did you find us?

Distasteful.

Link overload at first.

Yes, but not for the reasons you are wondering about.

I looked...video?

I would rather wait as little as possible.

Steer clear of Mac

- Victory - 05-23-2017

1) How did you find us?
Reddit

Yes

No

No

Have ways to earn more TPE

I think it's great already, especially the chat rooms.

- thedangazone - 05-30-2017

1) How did you find us? Saw the thread posted on reddit in r/hockey and thought it looked like fun.

2) Is the the site easy to navigate as a newcomer? I think most things are easy to find for newcomers and though it is a little overwhelming at first it's not overly difficult.

3) Did you have any trouble creating your player? None at all thanks to your handy video guide.

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help? yes I used to video guide to help me greatly.

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament) Tournaments would be cool otherwise I'd just like to learn as much as possible and get used to the site.

6) Give us one suggestion to make this site easier on new members. I think the site is pretty straight forward. The Video walkthrough for the player creation could use an update as some of the info on there seems to be outdated such as the TPE cap numbers.

- CaptainCanuck - 05-30-2017

1) How did you find us?

Through a thread on R/Hockey and from all of the posts it seemed like a really fun time.

Yeah I found it easy.

Nope it was fairly straight forward!

Yes, it helped organize all of the different threads and made it easier to navigate.

I think a prospects tournament would be very cool, keeps people involved right up until the draft and allows for new players to learn about the league.

I think the site is pretty easy to navigate and the people are very helpful and nice. Maybe organizing and updating the guides a little further.