Simulation Hockey League
[OLD] Welcome to the League Survey PT - Printable Version

+- Simulation Hockey League (https://simulationhockey.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: SMJHL Player Progression (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=66)
+---- Forum: PT Archive (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=561)
+---- Thread: [OLD] Welcome to the League Survey PT (/showthread.php?tid=50410)

- Sami K - 10-15-2017

1) How did you find us?

Have a couple friends who play

2) Is the the site easy to navigate as a newcomer?

Honestly the default skin no but I was playing around and I found the Envision skin it looks pretty and it is easy to use

3) Did you have any trouble creating your player?

Yes alot but lucky for me I had a good mentor (Pris) She helped me get though it even though it and I was being a trouble but she sat through it and was very nice wouldn't of been able to create my player without her

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help?

Did not see a video tutorial anywhere but I did read through the written tutorial and yes it did help

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament)

Well I missed the draft but it would be cool to see your player sim in a tournament before the draft

6) Give us one suggestion to make this site easier on new members.

Switch the default skin to Envision and make a Update Scale form to copy paste so it is easier to make/fill out for new comers kind of like the player templates

- masxn1 - 10-15-2017

1) How did you find us?
Samee and Gorth Snaw told me to join

No it is very confusing at first

Yes but Samee and Gorth both helped me through it

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help?
I used the written tutorial and it helped a lot

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament)
I missed the draft, although the prospect tournament could be cool

Possibly make the site a bit easier to use

- JSS - 10-30-2017

1) How did you find us?

Through friends.

Pretty easy after you get the first grasp.

A bit but people helped me.

No

Definitely a prospect tournament.

Make it easier to find the discord

- gtb16 - 11-17-2017

1) How did you find us?

Google search

Not too bad

A little, but nothing I couldn't figure out after a minute or two

That video... let me tell ya... Super helpful!

Prospect Tournament, get a feel for the people around here, and what there is to do.

Maybe this is already a thing, but having a central spot for seeing the overall schedule of the league would be pretty cool

- SupaWoov - 11-25-2017

1) How did you find us?
Ace told me.
It's a bit confusing, but after a bit of looking it's easier to navigate.
Some confusion at first, but the community really helped clear up any issues I had.
I did not.
I think it's fine the way it is.
I guess make it a bit more obvious where to go? It's a tad confusing when you first open up the page.

- ballbornosboy - 11-25-2017

1) How did you find us?

Whole lotta dick sucking and you people won't stop talking about it in other discords

Im not necessarily a newcomer but yeah

Nope

Yes, it did

Be pampered and pandered to by GMs

Free TPE gainz

- Dawegg - 11-26-2017

1) How did you find us?

Through HockeyQuestionMark.

2) Is the site easy to navigate as a newcomer?

The site is easy to navigate as a newcomer, but it is a lot of information to take in.

No.

No.

I would like to participate in a prospect tournament.

Put the ingame date somewhere on the front page.

- dirtyboygrease - 11-26-2017

1) How did you find us?

Massive Coiler and other HQM players

Easy enough

no

No

Tournament sounds dope and tight.

A purely forum based interface can be jarring at first

- ntuttle - 11-26-2017

1) How did you find us?
Reddit r/hockey

Somewhat, forum is confusing at first but tutorial provides all important links

No

No

Watch the Maple Leafs raise Lord Stanley's Cu... uh yeah tournament sounds great

Have the hyperlink colour contrast more with the regular text, was tough to find links in posts.

- FlappyGiraffe - 11-26-2017

1) How did you find us? Reddit

2) Is the the site easy to navigate as a newcomer? A bit confusing at first, the guys in the discord helped a ton

3) Did you have any trouble creating your player? Easy enough once I found the TPE calculator

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help? I used the written tutorial, helped a lot

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament) I'm not sure, just find ways to upgrade my guy I guess

6) Give us one suggestion to make this site easier on new members. Only thing I might add is a direct link to the tutorial and create a player page once your registered.

- Dickbutt19 - 11-26-2017

1) How did you find us?
From Leafer on the Sens Discord, even though he likes a bad team.

I found it fairly easy, yes.

Nope, it was pretty straight-forward.

I saw both, only used the written one. The written one helped quite a bit.

Prospect tournament would be cool.

I honestly found it pretty easy to find everything.

- JT3 - 11-27-2017

1) How did you find us?
r/hockey. Saw a thread posted a while ago, a couple months maybe, and though it was pretty interesting but didn't do anything. Saw it again today and thought, why not.

It is somewhat difficult but nothing too crazy. The guides helped a lot.

Didn't have any issues creating a player/

I used the a bit of both. They were both helpful and showed what to do and how if I got stuck.

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament) A prospect tournament would be pretty sweet. I'll probably try to hang around and get to know folks, and maybe try and get myself some of those fancy avatars and signatures everyone has.

If it was possible to order the steps better for new members on what to do that would be helpful, as there's a lot of information and it seems a bit scattered. But the mentors are helpful with that so it's not too bad.

- robobama - 11-27-2017

b]1) How did you find us?[/b]

reddit.com/r/hockey

not particularly, but thats fine. Learning is fun!

Not too much, the directions and guides were very helpful.

Yes, the written tutorial was fantastic.

prospect tourney would be dope!

Fix some of the broken links in older stickies, perhaps. I can identify one in the free 500k sticky, one of the first links leads to nowhere.

- ml002 - 11-27-2017

1) How did you find us?

Reddit

It's taking some time to get down where to go but after completing the guides I'm getting to grips with it.

Not really.

Written and yes it definitely helped lead me in the right direction.

A prospect tournament definitely sounds interesting for understanding how the sim plays out.

- caltroit_red_flames - 11-27-2017

1) How did you find us?
reddit/r/hockey

Not really, I'm still trying to figure a lot of stuff out.

No, the instructions for that are very well put together!

Yes, it was extremely helpful.

Some sort of draft combine maybe?

Expand the FAQs for new users. Rather than having to annoy other people about how I'll be drafted, etc. there should be a page that explains these things that is easy to find.