Simulation Hockey League
[OLD] Welcome to the League Survey PT - Printable Version

+- Simulation Hockey League (https://simulationhockey.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: SMJHL Player Progression (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=66)
+---- Forum: PT Archive (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=561)
+---- Thread: [OLD] Welcome to the League Survey PT (/showthread.php?tid=50410)

- karey - 11-28-2017

1) How did you find us? Reddit/VHL

2) Is the the site easy to navigate as a newcomer? It is a lot more difficult than I would hope. A lot of the resources are scattered throughout the forum and it is difficult if you are just trying to navigate yourself. That being said, the new user guide is quite thorough and essential in finding ones bearings.

3) Did you have any trouble creating your player? Not at all.

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help? Written tutorial is almost essential.

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament) Start drinking......

6) Give us one suggestion to make this site easier on new members. One things, visually it isn't as pretty as VHL. I would have wished for a better skin to be on this site.

- Kmichael - 11-28-2017

1) How did you find us?
Through the r/Hockey recruitment

2) Is the the site easy to navigate as a newcomer?
It's gotten easier, haven't been in a forum style board in a long time. Someone should make an app Wink

3) Did you have any trouble creating your player?
No problem creating it. The TPE Calculator was extremely useful as well in developing my players build.

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help?
I used the written one which it was very helpful and straight forward.

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament)
Just more chances to earn TPE and possibly something like a prospect tournament to see how your attributes function in the simulation setting.

6) Give us one suggestion to make this site easier on new members. This ones a bit difficult, I would say not so much post linking and such as for a mobile user it gets a little confusing if you don't keep track of it.

- Shanster925 - 11-28-2017

1) How did you find us?
Post on Reddit

On first view, no; it seems overwhelming. As I started feeling my way around, it became much clearer!

Nope!

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help?
Nope.

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament)
Learn more about the site so I can truly understand and enjoy myself!

6) Give us one suggestion to make this site easier on new members.
A landing page that isn't a Forum would be a nice touch. It doesn't have to have much on it, just a welcome message and a brief "About Us" blurb.

- CptSquall - 11-28-2017

1) How did you find us? found you on r/hockey

2) Is the the site easy to navigate as a newcomer? yes

3) Did you have any trouble creating your player? not really

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help? in a big way yes

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament) Grow my player, tournament sounds cool

Post links for those who cant use discord at work?

B)

- AssPancakes - 11-28-2017

1) How did you find us? /r/hockey

2) Is the the site easy to navigate as a newcomer? Honestly I am a bit confused with the point thing

3) Did you have any trouble creating your player? nope that was easy

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help? Yes and it helped me a lot

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament) I will be msging a lot of gms and talking to people

6) Give us one suggestion to make this site easier on new members. Make the point system easier and not done through forums

- Rancidbudgie - 11-28-2017

1) How did you find us?

I saw the thread posted on r/hockey a few days ago!

So far so good! Still learning the ropes but am finding new things every day so far!

None! The process was very straightforward, and as someone who enjoys NHL GM mode and Be a Pro the logistics are familiar and very satisfying!

I used the written tutorial! It was easy to follow and informative.

I've mostly been utilizing this time to explore the site and learn the ropes of what to do/how to do it! I joined about a week before the upcoming draft so I'm taking the time to improve and learn!

Nothing to note so far!

- thoroth - 11-28-2017

1) How did you find us?

I came from the recent thread on r/hockey!

2) Is the site easy to navigate as a newcomer?

It's really not bad overall.

Not in the sense that it was especially confusing, no, I was mostly battling my own indecision about where to put points.

I watched the video mostly, it’s a bit out of date at this point but all the basic steps are there so it still helped.

I probably will just try to acclimate myself to the site and try to figure out how the whole thing works mostly.

Maybe differentiate different areas of the site with different color schemes, it all looks a bit samey at first.

- NorwegianDemon - 11-29-2017

1) How did you find us?
On r/hockey.

Yes

No

I follow the written tutorial and yes, it did help.

Learn more about the site and maybe play some game that will help me better evaluate my player weakness.

Nothing for now, I just need to get more used to the forum.

- JustSwerve - 11-29-2017

1) How did you find us?
Good ol' Reddit

2) Is the site easy to navigate as a newcomer?
It was a bit difficult at first but after giving myself a couple days to learn it hasn't been too bad

No, this part was actually pretty easy

I used the written tutorial and it made it a piece of cake

I'm using the time to learn how to do stuff and explore the site

My biggest problem was with just how much stuff there is to do. The rookie guide was very helpful and putting that front and center will help out any future newcomers

- Muford - 11-30-2017

1) How did you find us?

Through a few different people in the NSFL, mostly Tor Tuck (<a href='index.php?showuser=2766' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>ErM</a>)

It's not that bad to navigate, but the skins are a turn-off for me.

I've been around sim leagues for quite some time, the only thing that was, I guess different, was the strengths and weaknesses.

No, stated above, I have been through sim leagues for awhile and it isn't my first rodeo. Smile

A Prospect Tournament would be great, BUT I joined to late if there was one. The draft is tomorrow, and I joined a few days ago.

Maybe a few different skins, or something to more easily navigate the forums. I know, jcink sucks.

- TimmyP17 - 11-30-2017

1) How did you find us? Reddit

2) Is the the site easy to navigate as a newcomer? The site is, but a little difficult to keep up with all of the acronyms

3) Did you have any trouble creating your player? I did, but Pris helped out a great deal. I was using the BeauxJeux app, and thought I could submit throug there, not knowing that I had to copy code and literally post a reply with my stats (I missed the forum post explaining exactly how to do this)

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help? I did not

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament) Learn more on how to gain/claim TPE

6) Give us one suggestion to make this site easier on new members. It's easy to say now that I know where the "Here's how to create your player" post is, but when I couldn't find it, it was frustrating.

- Evoner - 12-01-2017

1) How did you find us?
-My friend Nour introduced me to the website and asked if I wanted to try it out.

-Nope, I still get lost trying to find what I'm looking for but I'm slowly getting used to it.

-Nour helped me with creating my player so I didn't have any problems

-I used Nour.

-Probably get used to the website more and find posts that give you TPE to better my player.

- I don't have any suggestions at the moment but if I do I'll let some of the staff know.

- Aelred - 12-01-2017

1) How did you find us?

A couple of friends of mine in the league have been telling for the past year or so that I oughta join. Finally did it.

It's a bit confusing at first but after a while you figure out where everything is.

Not at all! I confirmed a few things with my friend to make sure I was doing everything correct and the written tutorial covered everything I needed to know. Plus, I briefly was active in a different sim league that uses the same simulator and a similar system so I had a basic idea going in how the system works.

Used the written tutorial. It was very helpful.

Prospect tournament would be great for future SMJHL drafts. In the now rebranded Internet Sim Hockey League, we used to run weekly tournaments with randomized teams featuring the prospects. It was very useful in maintaining people's interest moving up to the draft.

I have no suggestions

- pkpaching - 12-04-2017

1) How did you find us?

Tony Flow (MC) told me to play

Sorta, its overwhelming with the older forum style at first but you get used to it.

No, used the player tpe calculator thing.

I used the written tutorial, it helped alot!

i kinda joined after the draft. RIP But i just look at all the posts people make to pass the time.

the biggest thing is having someone you can message if you have any questions. I didn't have a problem with this as samee and crew answered every question in a very timely manner.

- ErectTent - 12-04-2017

1) How did you find us?
Reddit/Friends who play this
At first it is very overwhelming. As you get more experienced it gets easier.
Nope, not at all! The tutorials helped me a lot.
I used the written tutorial, and it told me everything I needed to know. It was a big help.
(draft has already happened)
Maybe a forum revamp? It's a little annoying having to scroll down awhile to find the right link you are looking for.