Simulation Hockey League
[OLD] Welcome to the League Survey PT - Printable Version

+- Simulation Hockey League (https://simulationhockey.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: SMJHL Player Progression (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=66)
+---- Forum: PT Archive (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=561)
+---- Thread: [OLD] Welcome to the League Survey PT (/showthread.php?tid=50410)

- Divine_Chaos - 12-07-2017

1) How did you find us?
Reddit recruitment.
2) Is the the site easy to navigate as a newcomer?
Honestly, no, but you get used to it.
3) Did you have any trouble creating your player?
No, it was surprisingly easy...
4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help?
...thanks to the written tutorial and the player builder tool.
5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament)
I guess i'm late for that. :(
6) Give us one suggestion to make this site easier on new members.
Maybe if the "Create a Player" tab at the header would also have a dropdown menu like the "SHL Teams" tab with the more important links, that would make it easier.

- GrilledTwinkiez - 12-07-2017

1) How did you find us?
asspancakes told me about it.

It takes some getting used to but everyone is super willing to help, honestly having it a little more difficult to figure out probably helps to weed out the 1 week users.

Not after I figured out how to

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help?
I did, it was pretty helpful.

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament) Prospect tournament would be fun, but if there is a way to do a scouting combine or rookie showcase that would be cool to.

I would recommend updating the video on how t create a player, its slightly out of date with adding points to your attributes seeing as there is no longer a training cap in the SMJHL.

- Mackkz - 12-16-2017

1) How did you find us? I found the site through a post created on the main hockey reddit page.

2) Is the the site easy to navigate as a newcomer? It takes a bit to get accustomed to the layout, but once I had a working knowledge of the key area's, it was easy enough to maneuver around.

3) Did you have any trouble creating your player? I had no problems creating my player.

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help? I used the main written tutorial for creating my player and guiding me through my first steps.

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament) I honestly don't have any suggestion that hasn't been posted before this.

6) Give us one suggestion to make this site easier on new members. As mentioned before, the website layout is simple enough once I had a solid understanding of what was important to me, and the rookie mentors did a great job of guiding me along the way.

- Mongoose87 - 12-20-2017

1) How did you find us?
The reddit recruitment post that went out a few weeks back.

Generally, yes, but I do find some things are not always easy to find. For example, I can never remember where to find the Twitter claim thread, and I constantly forget where the equipment costs are listed.

Not really. A mild bump in the road - not enough strengths, but Iit was correctly quickly.
I used the written one. It was very helpful.
5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament)
I think the addition of a prospect tournament would be great fun.
Add a sticky that has links to some of the most important reference posts, such as TPE claim, Bank transactions, equipment costs.

- duskyquack - 12-21-2017

1) How did you find us?
My roommate was playing it and it seems lit so here I am!

Yea cause i had my friend with me, but otherwise i might have been lost

Not with my buddy with me, but it seems pretty straight forward

Negative but my friend did.

Play hockey? lol of any sort, tournaments? Maybe even a combine?

No, clue cause i had the help of someone who already did it once, but he says to update the video on youtube.

- MrPrime - 12-22-2017

1) How did you find us?
I was searching on Google for a simulated hockey league to join and I found this place. i like the idea of handling my own player and not an entire team.

At first it's a tad overwhelming, trying to find the right spots to post and do the things needed to start my first character is a bit of a hassle but I'm getting the hang of it. It's ''my first day'' jitters is all. Smile

Once I've read enough to be able to use the app and build my guy it was quite a breeze.

The written tutorial is a big help, I'm sure the video is as well but I didn't watch it yet.

Get to know the league better, get to know the members better so that it can be fun.

I will quote Mongoose: Add a sticky that has links to some of the most important reference posts, such as TPE claim, Bank transactions, equipment costs.

- Barca - 12-30-2017

1) How did you find us?
Reddit

A little complicated but I'm getting the hang of it

No

Written. I couldn't create without it.

Join a team and play?

It's a little complicated to learn how to join and earn points.

- Someguy9500 - 01-03-2018

1) How did you find us?

Google

Kinda

No

Both and yes they help

N/A

N/A

- iamslm22 - 01-07-2018

1) How did you find us?

I'm a sim leaguer and have heard of SHL a ton

Sim league jcink sites kind of stink, but its no more or less friendly than NSFL or PBE

Nope

I did not

Sure why not- would do a prospect tournament

I think you guys do a good job. Nothing off of the top my head.

- Unicorn - 01-09-2018

1) How did you find us?
heard people talking about it in nsfl
yes
no
no
prospect tournament
reduce the amount of pinned topics

- pennywise - 01-14-2018

1) How did you find us?
The dood named Rieksts aka cousin aka please come

This takes some time to get used to, but in general is OK.

No problems.

Did not use external help

Most likely some tournament.

Could give after some time. Now I can't think of anything.

- daniel_garland - 01-16-2018

1) How did you find us?

I saw a thread in /r/calgaryflames and it looked pretty cool

To be honest, it's a little hard, i found a video on youtube that made it all easier though

I did, but i found that youtube video that helped alot

Yeah i read the written guides on the site as well as a video made on youtube. it definitely made things a whole lot easier, and if you guys want more people to come, headlining the youtube video would help a lot

Prospect tournament would be interesting, but the draft is soon i believe, so im not too worried

If the site was easier on newcomers it would help, everyone here is friendly, so im pretty sure it would be easy for that to happen

- Finnish_Jager - 01-17-2018

1) How did you find us?

user via /r/DetroitRedWings

after some time I figured it out. Forums are very foreign to me. prefer how posts can be organized on Reddit for example.

Nope, went smoothly

I did not, sorry

yeah a prospect tourey would be fun

have links in the sidebar for step by step things (like for new players)

- Pamplemousse - 01-17-2018

1) How did you find us?

- My brother brought me here

not really, maybe because I'm not friendly with forums in general, but however, I made it trought with help of mentors and now it's more easy

not really

yes, when it help me very well

The draft is really soon now and there's also the fantasy draft so I'm not bored

Change the interface

- D-man05 - 01-17-2018

b]1) How did you find us?[/b]
Saw a post on Reddit

Not exactly, but I don't have any suggestions. Just a lot of information to take in at one time.

Not really. I'm still not 100% sure if my player has been approved but I'm just rolling with it.

I used the written tutorial (the video was blocked by my work filter). It did indeed help! The TPE calculator was really great too.

A prospect tournament sounds fun! Since I'm new, I don't really know.

Just continue make sure information is consistent and up to date across the various new member pages. All in all, it was slightly intimidating but ultimately easy enough to follow.