Simulation Hockey League
[OLD] Welcome to the League Survey PT - Printable Version

+- Simulation Hockey League (https://simulationhockey.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: SMJHL Player Progression (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=66)
+---- Forum: PT Archive (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=561)
+---- Thread: [OLD] Welcome to the League Survey PT (/showthread.php?tid=50410)

- emBARK - 01-19-2018

1) How did you find us?

Was referred by thatdamnwalrus

2) Is the the site easy to navigate as a newcomer?

Forums aren't unusual to me, but getting the hang of this one is taking some time, however I just started last night. Some things appear a little cluttured or hard to read. I'm sure I'll adapt.

3) Did you have any trouble creating your player?

No, seemed relatively straight forward.

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help?

No, I just looked at examples and asked questions with thatdamnwalrus through chat.

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament)

Sure, as I lurk around I'm sure I'll be better prepared to answer a question like this.

6) Give us one suggestion to make this site easier on new members.

Less pinned topics, maybe a little cleaner look to the forum (it has a small learning curve I'm guessing). I'm sure I'll settle in.

- Angels_Otani - 01-20-2018

1) How did you find us?
From a teammate in another sim league.

Kinda convoluted, but it's otherwise okay.

Nope.

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help?
No, I didn't.

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament)
Get tons of TPE, maybe communicate with GM's.

Maybe improve the site design a bit?

- Bobcat - 01-22-2018

1) How did you find us?

caltroit_red_flames's post on reddit

I found it ok, forums aren't my ideal setting but I'll manage!

Nope

Yep, it helped!

I honestly have no clue

I have very little experience with forums so I don't really have any advice.

- Crystal Ice - 01-22-2018

1) How did you find us? I was referred by QuantumCowboy

2) Is the the site easy to navigate as a newcomer? It is ok, I am learning it still

3) Did you have any trouble creating your player? No I had help from QC

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help? I did not use it

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament) not sure yet

6) Give us one suggestion to make this site easier on new members. maybe have a way to link all the prospect personal pages together

- Mavfatha - 01-24-2018

1) How did you find us?
It was being discussed on the Pro Baseball Experience discord and I checked it out on a whim

For the most part. I do have like 20 tabs open though

Not really, rabidsponge helped me out

A little bit of the written tutorial to learn about attributes and such, that part was helpful

It's today so not much time for me to do anything lol, but anything like that or TPE opportunities for my player

I mostly just wish I had noticed that bar to jump between different sections of the forum before just now

- Sour_Chin_Music - 01-26-2018

1) How did you find us?
Ace in r/bostonbruins
It was clunky at first but I'm getting used to it
No the player builder helped
I just used the written stuff, it helped a lot
The skills competition thing that one guy ran was cool
I feel like it takes too many clicks to get around to different parts of the site

- Crystal Ice - 02-03-2018

Can't delete post, just saw previous post

- HikerTrash87 - 02-08-2018

1) How did you find us? I heard about this league while playing in the PBE.

2) Is the the site easy to navigate as a newcomer? It is fairly confusing.

3) Did you have any trouble creating your player? It wasn't that bad, the player creator calculator tool was very helpful.

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help? I used both, I needed all the help I could get.

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament) Hmm, yeah a prospect tournament would be fun. Maybe a combine?

6) Give us one suggestion to make this site easier on new members. Maybe make the site a bit easier to find things by consolidating some sections and removing outdated info?

- TrakaiZ - 02-15-2018

1) How did you find us?
Searching in Google.
50/50.
"Peace of cake". Templates helped very. I hoped I do the right choose Smile
Yes I used the video tutorial and it`s helped, but need make a new one with the newest updates.
Everything for me will be interesting.
Make a new video tutorial.
One site for new members.
I join others.

- OldTimeHockey - 02-17-2018

1) How did you find us?
VHL

Yes, but I've navigated forums like this before. Might be confusing for people who aren't used to forums.

Nope, The player builder tool made things super easy.

No I did not.

A prospect tournament would be cool, A combine would be neat as well.

It can be intimidating seeing all the various places, maybe making them consolidated would help.

- Copy Ninja Kakashi - 02-18-2018

1) How did you find us? I was looking for a simulation sports game and I was bored at 1 AM.

2) Is the the site easy to navigate as a newcomer? No, it's very hard for me to navigate as a newcomer since i'm not used to forums.

3) Did you have any trouble creating your player? At first, It was difficult to create my player, but with the help of the discord, i made it.

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help? Yes I did, it was actually very helpful but a little bit outdated, still great tho,

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament) Be the best goalie possible for my incoming team and have the most dominating career of all time.

6) Give us one suggestion to make this site easier for new members. Make a new updated video for us noobies.

- Carbine - 02-21-2018

1) How did you find us?
Already a member of GOMHL. I think it's a spin off of SHL? Regardless, having a lot of fun there and want to give this one a try now. Seems a hell of a lot more complex already.

Easy enough. I might just be blind, but I completely missed the 'Create a Player' Button when I first came to the site.

The guides certainly helped. I probably would have been lost without them.

See above.

Prospect Showcases are always fun. I'm content with getting on to a team on a trial basis and getting some games in, regardless of how much I suck. Tongue

I feel like the progression system and the ways of earning TPE can be overwhelming at first glance. The progression probably can't be helped, but if the ways of earning TPE - at least the ones that can be done as soon as the player is created - were listed and then explained, then it may be easier to grasp. Summarize, then explain essentially.

- GoonerBear - 03-06-2018

1) How did you find us?

Ace recommended the site through a different sim league.

Could be easier, though I've found it easy enough.

Not at all.

I used the written tutorial and it helped a lot.

I would like to see at least a couple of exhibitions prior to the Draft.

I would recommend checking information links to see if they lead directly to the relevant topics. Sometimes, I would open two links in the same instructional that led to the same thread or general forum. Might have just been things blending together getting started, as well.

- Mr.Shit - 03-07-2018

1) How did you find us?
AssPancakes told me about it

LOL nope, super confusing.

I would have but I had help from friend

I looked at some of the tutorials

Idk, I joined really early

video explaining the site that you get immediately

- CatmanIndustries - 03-08-2018

1) How did you find us?

Through GOMHL.

Fairly easy since I have experience in GOMHL. There were several player guides that mostly said the same things in slightly different ways.

Negative.

Written, yes it helped.

Prospect tourney and maybe a combine.

Maybe consolidate some of the new player guides.