Simulation Hockey League
[OLD] Welcome to the League Survey PT - Printable Version

+- Simulation Hockey League (https://simulationhockey.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: SMJHL Player Progression (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=66)
+---- Forum: PT Archive (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=561)
+---- Thread: [OLD] Welcome to the League Survey PT (/showthread.php?tid=50410)

- Troy_McClure03 - 03-09-2018

1) How did you find us?
Another Sim League, GSHL
2) Is the the site easy to navigate as a newcomer?
It is okay, my biggest problem is I haven't used forms in a while. Things like "reply" and "Quick reply" are small and not as easy to find, but once you get the lay out, its great.
3) Did you have any trouble creating your player?
I did not, I tried to do it on mobile but using a real computer made it much easier
4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player?
I glanced at both, but used advice from rice to figure it out
[b]5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament)

I am going to try to earn some of that sweet exp!
6) Give us one suggestion to make this site easier on new members.
chrome calls the connection on secure, and I get bad lag spikes from the java smilies I think.
[/CODE][/QUOTE]

- Toxic - 03-14-2018

1) How did you find us?
GSHL
Definitely, but then again I'm very familiar with navigating the forums. I used to be real big into wrestling e-feds back in the day.
Not at all.
4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help?
I used the written tutorial and it helped quite a bit.
5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament)
A prospect tournament sounds intriguing.
Maybe isolate everything that a new person needs to know into one section.

- majesiu - 03-14-2018

1) How did you find us?
One of the members was recruiting in NSFL locker room, but I heard you first about in PBE.

Not really, I'd rather have forums icons smaller.

No, but mostly because I've already created two players in other sim leagues.

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help?
No, didn't need them.

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament)
Hmm, not sure, I've got a lot of other things to do in all sim leagues, I guess some discussion thread about how to build your player would be nice.

Update some stuff that seems to be outdated - prospects numbers, international team needs.

- TheMemeMaestro - 03-15-2018

1. I have been in many other sim leagues, and I decided to go to the one that connects everyone else.

2. Yea, jcink still kinda bothers me, but I am used to it by now.

3. Besides a little bit of a math error, not really.

4. I used the written tutorial, it helped me understand some of the nuances that this league has compared to others.

5. A tournament would be cool, or even just some exhibition games.

6. Make sure all the information is updated everywhere. In the rookie guide it says there is still a PT cap for Juniors, but I have also heard other things from elsewhere.

- tangboynyc - 03-15-2018

1) How did you find us?
- Members from the PBE league told me about the league.
- The site is kind of intimidating because there are so many threads but for the most part it is pretty easy.
- I did not have any trouble creating my player. The player builder app thing was very useful
- No
- I think Prospect games would be good so that I could see what my player is lacking or is doing well in.
- Making the site less congested would make it better. The top bar is kind of confusing because you would think it would bring you to the home screen with all of the threads but it just leads you to the team pages and the game center. A button for the home page would be pretty useful. Maybe even a rookie button to redirect to the rookie section.

- jcfbey01 - 03-16-2018

1) How did you find us?

Member of the GOMHL. Somebody there recruited me

Yeah I would say so.

At one point my permissions were messed up, so that was confusing but after that it was smooth sailing.

Yes, and it helped but was quite long so I asked some members I knew for help Tongue

A prospect tournament would be cool!

Make it so that the way to update your players (such as PTs and stuff) is easier to understand. Besides that, it seems kind of straight forward!

- kobel9 - 03-20-2018

1) How did you find us?
r/sabres, I'm sure you can find a lot of players on reddit.

It's not the easiest, but fast to learn. Talking to Pris has made my life so much more comfortable.

I applied too much TPE, I feel an explanation of how stats cost more after 60 (good chance I just missed it) would help for sure.

I did not use it as I did it on mobile, bad mistake lol

A prospect tournament would be cool to give players a feel of what they're getting into. I think maybe a welcome seminar with 2/3 rookie mentors would be beneficial too, like an orientation kind of thing.

Create a link right smack dab first thing you see it (when the draft is coming up) labelled GETTING STARTED FOR NOOBS. Might help.

- mmfootball - 03-20-2018

1) How did you find us?

Heard from multiple NSFL teammates

Pretty simple but I'm used to the website format from other sims

No

No

Prospect Tournament only thing that comes to mind

Idk it's pretty straight forward

- Chody716 - 03-20-2018

1) How did you find us?
Couple of my buddies joined and convinced me

Yes with the help with my friends

No, my new buddies who just did it walked me through t

I used my friends

Prospect tourney would be dope

Orientation?

- Michalak29 - 03-20-2018

1) How did you find us?
A buddy told me about it

After help with the rookie mentor simple

Originally had way too much TPE but I figured it out

Nah my friend helped

Prospect Tourney sounds cool

Easier create a player

- johnnyboylan41 - 03-26-2018

1) How did you find us?

My friend, mmfootball, told me about this

As someone who has never simmed or used many forums, no at first but I got the hang of it after a day or 2.

No trouble really, just a little bit with the calculator but thats just because I'm dumb

Yes I did, it did help but I got a lot of help from my friend.

Prospect tournament sounds cool

I've never simmed before, so I have no idea what kinda tips I could put here. I guess you could make the UI a little bigger? Everything seems good.

- Barracuda - 03-27-2018

1) How did you find us?
I found this site through a google search.
Yes, I feel as if it is easy to navigate as newcomer.
I did at first, but with a suggestion made by DT, it made it so much easier.
Yes. It did help.
Everything seems quite interesting to me to be completely honest.
Make a new tutorial video with the updates for each player.

- Cash savage - 03-27-2018

1) How did you find us?

My homies in gshl told me about this place

I'm not the most tech friendly so I found it hard, but I had slot of help from rice and incite

A little but again I had slot of help

I used the written tutorial and yes it did

Prospect tourney would be cool!

I didn't realize there was a video tutorial so I guess if that was easier to find? Maybe it is and I just missed it though

- Paq - 04-05-2018

1) How did you find us?

I used to be in a football sim a long time ago. Was just searching google for sim leagues because I thought it might be fun to rejoin one.

Not totally sure if my experience is typical because I have a bit of sim league experience from a while back, but it's been easy enough for me so far.

Nope.

No, but I did use the player builder.

I'd like to see how a game goes, so a prospect tournament sounds like a fun idea.

Fewer pinned topics. Makes it feel like there are a million important things to read before creating a player.

- HoltzFan10 - 04-17-2018

(Not sure if I can still do this but I’ll try anyway)
1) How did you find us?
Google

Not exactly, but I got used to it

No, I’m was easy thanks to the people who helped

No

Something that allows me and other draftees to gain tpe and money

Explain how to do everything and where all the important things are