Simulation Hockey League
[OLD] Welcome to the League Survey PT - Printable Version

+- Simulation Hockey League (https://simulationhockey.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: SMJHL Player Progression (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=66)
+---- Forum: PT Archive (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=561)
+---- Thread: [OLD] Welcome to the League Survey PT (/showthread.php?tid=50410)

RE: SHL: Welcome to the League Survey PT - ImShiny - 12-18-2018

1) How did you find us?
1A) I was told about this site through my brother. He found the site on Reddit and gave it a shot and then told me about it and it got me interested.

2) Is the the site easy to navigate as a newcomer?
2A) It was sorta of difficult to find where to go and look for links but after awhile i was able to navigate the forums and find what i needed to help me.

3) Did you have any trouble creating your player?
3A) No the instructions that were there really helped me create my player and make it easy for me

4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help?
4A) I used the written tutorial when creating and it helped me a lot when creating my player. Having a tutorial made it easy to look at what I needed to do to be able to create my player

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament)
5A) Browse the forums and figure out how to navigate it better and talk to other prospects in the discords. 

6) Give us one suggestion to make this site easier on new members.
5A) My only suggestion would to make the forums a little bit easier for people that don't know how to use forums at all.

RE: SHL: Welcome to the League Survey PT - sharksisback - 12-18-2018

1) How did you find us?
Reddit thread
2) Is the site easy to navigate as a newcomer?
Kind of, takes some surfing to find some things like PT opportunities, I usually find these through the Discord though.
The most trouble was coming up with a name. Other than that, none whatsoever. 
4) Did you use the video/written tutorial when creating your player? If yes, did it help?
I did not.
5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament)
Maybe an international tournament for the incoming prospects. 
I think the threads linking to each other does a pretty good job as it is for getting us started.

RE: SHL: Welcome to the League Survey PT - FuzzSHL - 12-18-2018

1) How did you find us?
I found this site from the recruitment thread on reddit

It is difficult to grasp at first as the different threads you have to visit are a little disorienting at first. However, once you slow down and pay a little closer attention it isn't too bad.

I did not have much trouble creating my player.

I did not use a video tutorial, I used the written tutorial.

Use the site more to get used to how everything works.

Links to video tutorials in the written tutorial threads.

RE: SHL: Welcome to the League Survey PT - Zema - 12-18-2018

1) How did you find us?
The Reddit post in /r/hockey
Not really. It's pretty hard to find old revisited posts.
The player creating process was pretty good.
I used the written one, and asked for a ton of help through the Discord. It took some time, but I got the hang of it.
Some more events and more reasons to interact with the senior members of the community.
Use more screenshots in the tutorial.

RE: SHL: Welcome to the League Survey PT - MCP_ - 12-18-2018

1) How did you find us?

Originally on Reddit through r/DallasStars, but didn't check it out until today through r/Hockey

Yes! Still have a lot to explore, though.

Surprisingly easy! I will have to get used to updating, however.

I did not.

Honestly...ANYTHING! The prospect tourney seems pretty fun!

I would consolidate the Rookie Tutorial a bit better. It was a bit hard to follow at times due to the amount of jumping around I had to do, but that might be my fault.

RE: SHL: Welcome to the League Survey PT - Daco - 12-18-2018

@DrunkenTeddy am i eligible to get points from this? Don't really want to start behind others in the draft class but that's cool if those are the rules

RE: SHL: Welcome to the League Survey PT - JBaz - 12-18-2018

1) How did you find us?
Reddit post on the r/hockey forum
It is a little difficult at first, but following the new player guide makes it easier.
No trouble with that at all.
I used the written tutorial to help me. It was a nice walk through.
A prospect tournament would be fun. Right now I am just navigating around the site and figuring out how things work.
The TPE and player update thread were confusing at first. The player guide helped some, but I still wasn't sure if I was doing it correctly and how exactly I should be going about adding the TPE to my attributes properly. I am not sure how to improve on it, and I feel like it is something that will get easier after a few times of doing it, but would be nice if it went smoother at first.

RE: SHL: Welcome to the League Survey PT - DrunkenTeddy - 12-19-2018

12-18-2018, 09:39 PMDaco Wrote: @DrunkenTeddy  am i eligible to get points from this? Don't really want to start behind others in the draft class but that's cool if those are the rules

Nope you're not, but at least you've got some left over bank to give you the leg up.

RE: SHL: Welcome to the League Survey PT - Ason94 - 12-19-2018

1) How did you find us?
R/hockey

Hard at first and a lot of info
but it gets easier after awhile

No, once I got to the right place it was smooth

I used the written for character but video
was helpful for updates

Earn points to upgrade

More video tutorials, maybe there already are some just I haven't found them

RE: SHL: Welcome to the League Survey PT - Katth - 12-19-2018

1) How did you find us?
Reddit thread
It takes some getting used to. At the end of my first PT I had 10+ different tabs open. I guess a forum wouldn't be the best way, but it works in the end.
No, not at all. The creating process is very clear.
I used the written tutorial.
Is this from my players perspective or from my perspective? For my player some sort of competition to stay fit would be great. For me: I'm currently trying to do a background piece of my player.
Won't be a popular one, but I find all the signatures quite distracting in the tutorials/guides.

RE: SHL: Welcome to the League Survey PT - Citizen of Adraa - 12-19-2018

1) How did you find us?
Through the r/hockey post

I would say reasonably so, even if it is a bit messy at points.

Nothing that I wouldn't cause myself Smile

Didn't know about the video one, the written did help me though.

I think the prospect tournament is a great thing to do, no need to change that one

Well, I think I am not able to do a better job than you do, so there are really no suggestions from me.

RE: SHL: Welcome to the League Survey PT - SoulLess - 12-19-2018

1) How did you find us?
/r/Hockey

Yes, Making the profile pages were confusing at first, now it is easy.

It was hard to set up the update page.
Written Tutorial, Yes it helped.

5) What would you like to do while waiting for the SMJHL Draft?(Example: Prospect Tournament) Get as much TPE as possible.

Automatic Update Page maker.

RE: SHL: Welcome to the League Survey PT - ais6000 - 12-19-2018

1) How did you find us?
Reddit thread a few days ago.

Nope. I always end up with several tabs open because I'm afraid to close any page since I might not find it again. I understand this is a challenge with this amount of information.

None at all. This part was really intuitive

I did not. At that point I did not feel like I needed help. I did use the written tutorial for my update thread.

I'm not really sure at all :D

A very simplified, step-by-step, high level, guide explaining all the things that happen when you play this game. Maybe one exists, but I just have not found it. I still have no idea at all how actual games are played etc.

RE: SHL: Welcome to the League Survey PT - Djenthallman - 12-19-2018

1) How did you find us?

r/hockey

Looks like an everyday, the design could be better, but I understand that resources are limited

Nope

Yeah, was helplful

I'm participating in a Prospect Tournament

Redesign, but again, I understand that's hard to do

RE: SHL: Welcome to the League Survey PT - SanjuNana - 12-19-2018

1) How did you find us?
/r/hockey thread

It's a bit overwhelming at first.

No, but not having a full understanding on how the attributes affect play makes assigning points kind of a guessing game.

I used the written tutorial, it was pretty straightforward.

Not really sure at this point.

Maybe new player 'templates'? For example, you could have a few popular players have have their initial stats pre-assigned to emulate their style of play (Connor McDavid, Alex Ovetchkin, Sindey Crosby, etc.).