Simulation Hockey League
S43 SMJHL PT 2: Team Building - Printable Version

+- Simulation Hockey League (https://simulationhockey.com)
+-- Forum: Player Development (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: SMJHL Player Progression (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=66)
+---- Forum: PT Archive (https://simulationhockey.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=561)
+---- Thread: S43 SMJHL PT 2: Team Building (/showthread.php?tid=89146)

Pages: 1 2

S43 SMJHL PT 2: Team Building - ej27 - 09-07-2018

Congratulations on being drafted! The hard work starts now - but first you're going to need to get to know your teammates.

Written option: Write about a team-building exercise your team did and describe how some players acted and reacted during and after the event. Must include 150 words.

Graphic option: Make an image depicting a couple of members of your team participating in a team-building exercise or hanging out together in the locker room. Must include the team logo somewhere.

(ty to notorioustig for this PT concept)

Reward
4 TPE for doing the thing. (Just one of the options, not both.)

Only S43 SMJHL Rookies (S44 SHL Rookies) are eligible for this PT.

Do NOT claim TPE for this task until a post has been made in the claim thread.

Deadline Saturday 9/15, 7AM CST

RE: S43 SMJHL PT 2: Team Building - NUCK - 09-07-2018

[Image: 12ed8eeb4bff30937e3d94e5859495fa.png]

RE: S43 SMJHL PT 2: Team Building - Mack - 09-08-2018

[Image: cOTCNKt.png]

As a new member of the Militia I thought it would be great to get to know some of the guys so I hosted a World of Warcraft party at my house!

Unfortunately most of the team couldn't make it. But three other guys did show up! Shoutout to Jeff Brogan, team captain Pavel Pivonka and goalie Petr Vrana for showing up! I know next time we will get more of the team out to play as the buzz is growing in the locker room.
I hosted it in my mom's basement and she was great at bringing us snacks and drinks the whole time so we could really immerse ourselves in Azeroth.

I am playing a Human Warrior and playing as the main tank.
Jeff Brogan(@Flowseidon) is playing a Panadarian Frost Mage and putting out huge damage number.
Pavel Pivonka(@Schultzy) has taken on the role of healer and he picked a Draenei Shaman. He really is on the ball and has saved us many times from death.
Petr Vrana(@Marc Bradford) is a Night Elf Rogue and he loves to PvP when he gets the chance.
As everyone already knows 4 people is not ideal for a World of Warcraft group. We need at least 1 more damage dealer so we can really progress further and  start rocking some Mythic + dungeons. If we can get the whole team involved we can head to 20 man raids.
Overall we had so much fun and really got to know each other better. I love my Militia brothers and can't wait to get on the ice with them. I will always protect them on the ice just as I do in the game.

RE: S43 SMJHL PT 2: Team Building - Baelor Swift - 09-08-2018

For a team bonding exercise, the Detroit Falcons did something interesting. We all got to host a party for our teammates. Now what did we all do? Just keep on reading to find out.

Poopity Scoop: I held a party where we all dressed up in big sumo suits and bounced around each other with special guest Lil Pump. New viral song "I Love It" was played on repeat. Ricky Lewis never showed up :(

Marc Paligma: He held party at the hospital where we learned about the dangers of ligma. Chuck Crutchfield is rumored to now be suffering from the disease.

Chuck Crutchfield: Apparently he was originally going to host us all at one of the best nightclubs in Detroit but he got too drunk before we arrived. I'm not sure he could say anything besides "ligma balls" followed by a really dumb laugh.

Hippo Passamus: Hippo hosted us for a fika party. But he ate all the fika so we had to eat the knives and crumbs instead. Rumor has it his pants have been getting tight lately and he doesn't know why... Perhaps you've been eating too much fika, mister.

Dank Boija: He brought us to his house for some PG-13 fun, clearly laying out the evidence to us of Mayuu's ever increasing baldness. Damn, times are rough for Mayuu.

Ola Wagstrom: Ola brought us to good ol Florida and taught us that we can text and drive there as long as we don't break any other traffic violations. Then we got to visit Kodak Black.

More happened too but I guess that can come later since I'm well over the word requirement now.

RE: S43 SMJHL PT 2: Team Building - Andy - 09-08-2018

As a member of the knights things have definitely taken a different appeal than what I am used to. As a new player on a team full of veterans was wild especially during the first night of training camp. Neidermeyer Jr. brought his dad with him and he showed them how a NHL legends gets ladies at the bar. He mostly used things involving handling a great stick so they should give him a shot. Spazzy Mcfee stayed trued to his name. A lot of the night was spent controlling him with his drink so he didn't spazz and spill it all over the ladies. There were also some teammates were not really involved and were just kind of there and inactive at the bar. One of them was Oliver Dahl. However veteran Vladislav Konstantin spilled a drink on him to see if he was there. There was no reaction from him. The one who took home all the ladies was however Shouta

RE: S43 SMJHL PT 2: Team Building - Allen - 09-09-2018

[Image: JQC10Lf.png]

RE: S43 SMJHL PT 2: Team Building - wumaduce - 09-10-2018

After being drafted to the Montreal Militia, German center Derek Bohne decided to take Vrana and Brogan to Boston for a weekend trip to try and get some team building going. They went and did all the normal tourist stuff - harbor cruise, Faniuel Hall, the aquarium. It was a pretty good time. Vrana drank a bit too much and got sick all over the boat when they went on a whale watch. We were worried about him falling off the boat, but he just ended up falling asleep. Brogan and Bohne got him back go the hotel after and put him in the bathtub before they went back out. They headed to some bars and checked out the Boston nightlife. After bar hopping for a while, Brogan was getting a bit too drunk and was trying to fight some hipsters in some shit hole bar in Allston. Bohne got them the hell out of there, grabbed Vrana from the hotel, and high tailed it out of the city.

RE: S43 SMJHL PT 2: Team Building - StamkosFan - 09-10-2018

As Poopity Scoop mentioned, the Detroit Falcons hosted a party, where players got to learn about each others’ backgrounds.

Dank Boija: He taught us that Finland is ranked the happiest country in the world. Unlike America, their schools are actually affordable.

Tomas Youngholm: He encouraged anyone interested in teaching to pursue it outside of their hockey careers. He loves being a math teacher so unlike Ola Wagstrom here, he actually gets numbers.

Poopity Scoop: He said that in Massachusetts, you can be pulled over for just texting and driving. Also, he referred to drunkenly eating two prongs off of a fork at a barbecue and encouraged us not to be around plastic with alcohol.

Franz Cooper: He was upset that I got one more TPE for the mock draft. Sounded competitive and like a good linemate.

Chuck Crutchfield: He passive aggressively inquired into what would happen if he didn’t sign his SMJHL contract, to the confusion of everyone, then was the first to sign.

RE: S43 SMJHL PT 2: Team Building - Coops - 09-10-2018

The Detroit Falcons party was winding down, but none of the boys wanted to call it a night just yet. We had pretty much trashed the room the team had given us, but figured nothing would beat getting out into the town. After all, who says Detroit after dark can't be fun? 

So Tomas Youngholm, ever the smartest of the group, pulled out his phone to look up the best places in Detroit for us to drunkenly try and get illegal drinks. 

First we hit up this place called Elektricity. It was super lit, and not just in the synonym for dope. There were actual like circus performers with fire. Acrobats and their ilk. Of course, Poopity Scoop couldn't be shown up and attempted to get on stage. After a brief tussle with security and some tinged clothing, we all got out of there for somewhere a little more chill.

Next we hit up the Luna Royal Oak. And damn, if there wasn't no cover and also live pole dancing. At our state, we didn't stay for long, since Ola kept offering the dancers to dance on his pole. 

Finally we crashed this party at the White House. Not the one in D.C., but this club downtown Detroit. Someone said it was fancy, but it's a blur from there. Fun night out getting to know the boys.

RE: S43 SMJHL PT 2: Team Building - crutch - 09-10-2018

Honestly, coming to the Detroit Falcons was a great experience.

As many of you already know, the Falcons hosted a party where Marc Palicka gave everyone (that I know of) ligma, and a lot of the Falcons rookies (besides myself) got super sick and are almost bed ridden after this fight with ligma. The team building really came together at the bar the White House, where Franz Cooper literally stage dove into the huge crowd of SMJHL fans. I held back to myself for most of the night since I was really hung over from the night before, and decided to try giving the piss a taste for the night with the boys from the Falcons.

However, it didn't turn out great, as I was passed out on the couch before the bar, leaving me to hear about all of the stories the day after rather than experiencing them.

RE: S43 SMJHL PT 2: Team Building - Mordaciious - 09-10-2018

jk

RE: S43 SMJHL PT 2: Team Building - GreyGooseVodka - 09-10-2018

After the final preseason game, Vladislav Konstantin had vodka shots poured up in the dressing room and made the rookies shoot till they couldn't anymore. Spazzy Mcfee took a bad bounce and was the first to quit, I took 4 and called it quits. After we headed out to a frat party in Kelowna, it was a girls sorority and all that was there was junior players. Pretty sure I was in heaven. The team split up into groups and we had a beer pong tournament. Shouta went off during the championship game and we won, two girls took us up to the hot tub on the roof and were popping champagne. Afterwards we all went and dove off the roof into the pool and the boys were pretty close to the edge. Finally we decided to take the long trek and walk back to the billets house, eventually we all made it back and started talking about all the girls on our group chat. The girls were all coming to our first game so we have to win.

RE: S43 SMJHL PT 2: Team Building - BC5000 - 09-10-2018

Oh my god this place is great! Me and my teammates went to the jousting tournament as a large group of knights would do and participated in much chivalry. It was such an honorable affair at first that I felt guilty for not alerting my fellow travelling companions that I had consumed many hallucinogens before our escapades. Eventually however the night appeared to turn nasty as many of the other fellows, especially Neidermeyer Jr., felt the need to restrain me and attempt to calm me down as they were rather afraid that I would accidentally spill some of my drink on the nearby girls. Needless to say I was totally in control of myself. Oliver Dahl just kind of stood there staring at the wall looking like he had seen some ghosts. I think I understand the look upon his face as Vladislav Konstantin proceeded to spill a cup full of boiling lava onto his head causing him to melt all over the place. The most impressive part is that he did not scream as he passed on to the next life. I was hollering the whole time with glee upon the whole occasion. Luckily the next morning I sobered up and Oliver was still alive. He also didn’t seem to mind my glee upon his apparent downfall.

RE: S43 SMJHL PT 2: Team Building - ontanis - 09-11-2018

Went to a KHL (Kontinental Hockey League) match, as Eriks Skalsbergs (Ashes) flew the whole team out after winning almost every single one SMJHL award for a pre-season team building thing. The match was against Dinamo Riga from Latvia(my old team, before the SMJHL) and HC Sibir Novosibirsk from Russia.

It was all fine and dandy, we ate a lot of potatoes. And I mean A LOT. Until we hit the Rigas Balzams factory. There we got a nice tour.. and, of course, a tasting event. For every non-Latvian (or non-Lithuanian/Baltic) Rigas Balzams is a helluva drink. It’s 45% Alcohol. So it’s really only natural that we all got shitfaced before the game.

We left most of our team in the hotel to sleep, because boy, they can’t handle their alcohol. But heightened tolerance for alcohol is a true baltic thing, so me and Eriks went to see the game totally not drunk and rowdy.

It was an awesome game tho, my old team, Dinamo Riga won 3-0 and it was wild as hell. We had a band playing on ice, had a fire eater performance (shit’s scary, yo) and overall that game was awesome.

When we got back to out hotel everyone were still passed out or shitfaced drunk. I guess some people just don’t know how to handle their liquor…

RE: S43 SMJHL PT 2: Team Building - DollarAndADream - 09-12-2018

Right before the season started, the boys of the Halifax Raiders got together and had a night on the town. Most of the night was spent at the strip club with fake IDs for the guys who are not old enough. Lucky for them, Mikael Choybuk knows the owner of a popular Halifax spot, and they were pretty lenient on getting them in. Money was flying every which direction, but in general to the asses of the females on stage. Choybuk had 2 girls to himself in a private lapdance in the back and was gone for the majority of the night. SMJHL veteran Kata Vilde had to foot most of the bill for the team as he's the one with the most contract money, and he was not happy about when everyone left him with the bill. Oliver Kovacs was reportedly seen throwing up in the bathroom for an hour or two, and Mr. Faceoffs was on stage dancing at one point and got himself kicked out, heavily intoxicated.

All in all, the night ended with them all limoing to a hotel and passing out. No injuries occurred, except to the wallet of Kata Vilde.