Create Account

Alexei Rykov: S50 Season Report

(1,244 words with chart. Ready for grading)
With the conclusion S50 once again Alexei Rykov shines and proves to be a massive part of the Carolina offense and a key part of their victories this season. Alexei tied for 4th for most goals this season in the SMJHL with 24 goals in total. Alexei found himself to be a prime scorer for the Kraken moving from the third line to the vaunted 2nd line dubbed the RGB line consisting of Rykov, Gold, and Bobby all who reached the top ten in many different aspects of the game. Alexei also came in 3rd for shooting percentage at a whopping 18.46% proving that the Russian sniper is a lethal high scoring threat that is truly a sniper in every possible way. Alexei also came in third in highest scoring left wings with a total of 54 points. Rykov also came in 2nd for points per 20 minutes with a 1.43 per twenty minutes showing that Rykov could constantly put out points in a consistent basis and turned out a high level of production throughout the season. Alexei tied 1st in game winning goals with a 6 total and tied 1st in Game Tying Goals with a total of 3. Once again showing that the young Russian can score clutch and proves himself a massive threat on the ice in the offensive zone.

[Image: io71n39.png]

In comparison to his stats from last season Rykov put in 12 goals in S49 and found himself doubling his numbers in S50 with a total of 24. Assists were an even larger leap this season finding the laser passes to teammates going from a respectable 12 in S49 to a whopping 30 in S50 leading to a total of 54 points in S50 which was a massive 30 point increase from S49 in which he maxed out at 24 point. Alexei’s +/- also saw a positive increase with a 17 in S50 a 6 point increase from S49 where he stood at a decent 11 showing that Alexei is pulling a much more balanced game but also forcing the puck more often into the opposing teams zone and helping to relieve pressure in the Kraken defensive zone. What also found a large increase this season was Rykov’s physical play with last season seeing only 6 penalty minutes total, with 29 hits, and 7 shots blocked we saw Rykov show a much more impressive physical presence from his previous outing with 18 penalty minutes, 46 hits, and 12 shots blocked showing that the young Russian is beginning to find his stride in the much more physical world of North American hockey while still increasing his ability as a skill player to put the puck in the back of the net. What did not see an impressive increase was Rykov’s numbers on the powerplay with merely a 1 point increase from last season.  Rykov in S49 put up 5 powerplay goals and 5 assists for a total of 10 points whereas in S50 we saw Rykov put in 4 Goals and 7 assists for a total of 11. Alexei went through most of the midseason in a powerplay drought which saw the young winger not producing nearly on the level which was expected even though other aspects of his game had increased dramatically. What was one of the bigger increases this season was in Rykov’s clutch game previously in S49 Rykov only had one game winning goal to his name along with two game tying goals. This season saw Rykov tap in a whopping 6 game winning goals and a brilliant 3 game tying goals showing that the young Russian powerhouse had massively improved his clutch game and in paid of in spades for the Kraken this season.

The big question this season is will we see a massive increase in Rykov’s playoff presence? Last season found Rykov going into the playoffs on a massive point scoring drought that carried all the way into the Finals in which he clutched a game winning goal during the run and managed a few more points but otherwise found the young Russian was completely absent and at times an absolute waste of a spot in the second line. Hopefully with the improvements to his clutch game the young Russian phenom will provide the scoring ability and rocksteady point scoring that he has provided through this regular season. We decided to sit down with the young Russian during Carolina’s bye week to see what his thoughts were on the season and his outlook for the playoffs.

Reporter: Alexei, thanks once again for taking the time out to sit down with us and once again give us an interview.

Rykov: Thanks, also who is that bald man in the background with the ugly suit?

Reporter: I’m not sure who you are talking about? Anyways let me just congr

Suddenly a bald old man in a garish suit shoves the interviewer out of his chair

Ron Berry: Get the fuck out of my chair you goddamn ugly French crème puff. I’m doing this goddamn interview tonight. Fucking Ontario style. Don’t make me bite your goddamn kneecaps off!

Reporter: Who the fuck are you? Security!

Rykov: Uhh maybe I should go.

Ron Berry: You sit right there you communist, Putin loving piece of shit. I have been waiting forever to roast your ass in an interview.

Putin Scumbag: I don’t know who you are. Uh do you have some kind of pass? Is security coming?

Ron Berry: You bet your sweet red ass you know who I am. I am Ron Goddamn Berry the greatest legend the sport of hockey has ever witnessed. Anyways first question, was your whole family just a bunch of Putin scumbag sissy eurotrash pukes or did you just get lucky?

Red Ass Sissy Eurotrash: What is this question? Is this some kind of American humor?

Ron Berry, Canadian Legend and Hero: American? Fucking typical Euroscum! You should be glad I don’t punch you in the face. I’m fucking Canadian, eh? I could snap your legs with my thighs! So why are you such a goddamn coward? Who the fuck wears a helmet let alone a visor? Fucking cowards who want concussions! That’s who! Did Putin make you wear that plastic piece of shit or did your mother staple it to your head after birth?

Helmet Wearing Concussion Monster: I’m really not sure what you mean at this point? Helmets prevent concussions? Is security dead?

Ron Berry, Canadian Legend, Hero, and God: Fuck you I am asking the questions here! WHY THE FUCK WON’T YOU ANSWER MY GODDAMN QUESTIONS? CAN YOU SPEAK ENGLISH? DO ALL YOU SPEAK IS FRENCH OR RUSSIAN OR SIBERIAN OR SOME SHIT?

Non-English Speaking Loser: I believe we are both speaking English now? Why are you screaming? Are you ok? You seem rather…red?

Ron Berry, Canadian Legend, Hero, God, and anti-Bolshevik Crusader: FUCK YOU YOU GODDAMN NOSEBREATHING PIECE OF SHIT! WE ONTARIO BOYS COULD BREAK YOU WITH A BIT OF TIM HORTON’S AND WHISKEY! I WILL FUCKING DESTROY YOU BOY LETS THROW RIGHT NOW! OH GOD WHAT IS THAT PAINOOOOOONOOO NOT AGAINNNNNNN

We regret to inform everyone that Ron Berry has once again suffered from a stroke. Please stay in touch with his twitter at @RonBerrySHL for any updates to his condition. Also, Alexei Rykov and Vladimir Putin are responsible for all damages, and expense due to this unforeseen stroke caused by some foreign disease we assume is Russian in nature.

[Image: 59270_s.gif]

[Image: jcjcF7J.png]  [Image: nHs4nH0.png]

I can't believe Ron Berry passed away, he was an inspiration to us all...

[Image: Gabe-lights.png]
[Image: nMz40Vc.gif]

Amazingly hilarious read as always, your media never fails to entertain!

[Image: 59269_s.png]

S66 Damian Littleton

[Image: CsnVET2.png] || [Image: wu5MVvy.png]|| [Image: c8B2LE3.png]
Battleborn | Barracuda | Usa

Rykov the GOAT

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM