Create Account

Dylan's Draft Review
(This post was last modified: 03-17-2020, 06:04 PM by dylanjj37.)

(x2 draft media)

S53 SMJHL DRAFT REVIEW

I will be writing a draft review of the S53 SMJHL draft. This is despite not knowing anything about any of the players and not having looked at their builds or what teams need. Disclaimer: I will skip some players if I don't know what to write. There will be no repeat of the Austrian situation.

1. Mikkel Asmus Sondergard – Maine Timber
This guy with a three word name (big brain: thinking ahead to pt and media word counts) was drafted by the Maine Timber. I did not even know this was a team and their name sounds kind of stupid but that might just be the word Maine. Also I looked at their information page and they play in Portland so their branding is clearly just a rip off of the Portland Timbers. Anyway, back to Mikkel Asmus Sondergard. I know rapidsponge21 from the PBE where his player is a muppet and he said all his future players would be muppets so I was very disappointed to find this didn't extend to the SHL Perhaps he should have been Swedish Chef.. Hopefully he will good at the SHL given his extensive experience in the PBE or he might be like many other PBE players who join and go inactive by next week. We will have to wait and see.

10. FORFEIT – Anaheim Outlaws
This player is very good and I'm surprised he was not taken higher. JOKE. Anaheim have been very, very bad and so they didn't get a pick. They shouldn't be bad next time.

17. Emilia Bergmann – Anaheim Outlaws
Renomitsu forced me to write about their player. I am very scared. I hope this is good enough. I don't know anything about Bergmann but I do know that Renomitsu is already shaping up to be a great member on the site. Currently they have 0 shl monies in the bank but they just wrote an article with over five thousand words and I have heard that they have a TEN THOUSAND WORD ARTICLE on the way so there will be lots of shl monies in the bank. Definitely someone who should be first overall in the shl draft (I was not forced to say this, I promise). They were Anaheim's first pick after their first round was taken away for misbehaving.

20. Tinke Jutila - Newfoundland Berserkers
I like Snussu. I don't know who the Newfoundland Berserkers are but Snussu was drafted to this team.

22. Andrei Petrikov – Anchorage Armada
Andrei Petrikov has been drafted by the Anchorage Armada which is the team he already played for. I don't know what's happening here. I played with Andrei Petrikov for the last four seasons so I don't know why he is in the draft again but mdubz is a cool guy so good pick.

26. Grapefruit Lizard – St. Louis Scarecrows
I am very disappointed in Frostbite. He had 195 tpe on his player so I was very close to get my rewards but he killed his cat, wishy woo woo and made some weird fruit reptile thing player. I don't know if he will update much because he only updated like twice maybe when I sent him links to everything last time.

31. Red Arrow – Newfoundland Berserkers
This is another person that I know of from the PBE. They are very active over there and are even the GM or Co-GM or something of their team. I'm not sure. Wait. That might actually be a secret. Oops. They play on space rangers with my buddy Buster Nutt AKA hotdog. Their player who is imaginatively named Red Arrow will hopefully do well in Newfoundland.

32. Bork Laser – Anchorage Aramda
Frick_Nasty is the literally the best updater I know in the PBE. He is everyone's favourite updater and he is quite possibly the best updater in any sim league there is or ever was. I don't know if his player will be any good but he was drafted by the Anchorage Armada so maybe he is going to be the next Daniel Bischoff for them.

36. Slimey Snail – Vancouver Whalers
FleshBagSoup who has one of the worst usernames I have ever seen, was drafted by the Vancouver Whalers. He also spelt slimey wrong which is kind of uncomfortable but we can only blame Slimey's parents for this. FleshBagSoup is actually Bagel so I will call him that. Bagel is from the NSFL and he is a bum and he is also in the PBE where he is famous for making podcasts. This bodes well for his career in the SHL if he stays active.

53. Mike Rotchburns – m_c_hale
I don't know why this guy went so late. He should have been first round.

This brings an end to my draft review. I didn't review most of the draftees but it is very late and I wish to sleep. Maybe I will make a follow up (I won't) where I review the rest of the picks. Thank you for reading this.

word count: 856 words x2 draft media

Always look forward to Dylan media.
(This post was last modified: 03-17-2020, 06:14 PM by dylanjj37.)

03-17-2020, 06:11 PMCementHands Wrote: Always look forward to Dylan media.

Thank you! Me too. More to come soon.

this is the quality media i've been waiting for

[Image: selm.gif]
[Image: sig.gif]

Quote:I am very scared. I hope this is good enough... I have heard that they have a TEN THOUSAND WORD ARTICLE on the way so there will be lots of shl monies in the bank.

Cry

[Image: qgldMOE.png]
Thanks @Amidships!

03-17-2020, 06:20 PMBDonini Wrote: this is the quality media i've been waiting for

thanks!

03-17-2020, 06:21 PMRenomitsu Wrote:
Quote:I am very scared. I hope this is good enough... I have heard that they have a TEN THOUSAND WORD ARTICLE on the way so there will be lots of shl monies in the bank.

Cry

Bowdown

I hope this was good enough for you. Cry
(This post was last modified: 03-17-2020, 06:56 PM by FleshBagSoup.)

Quote:Bagel is from the NSFL and he is a bum

:{

this is ok

03-17-2020, 06:55 PMFleshBagSoup Wrote:
Quote:Bagel is from the NSFL and he is a bum

:{

In a nice way! Love you baegle Heart

03-17-2020, 07:08 PMZomp Wrote: this is ok

Thank you zomp! Such high praise!

03-18-2020, 05:18 AMdylanjj37 Wrote:
03-17-2020, 07:08 PMZomp Wrote: this is ok

Thank you zomp! Such high praise!
np dylan  Ahh

Starwars

[Image: zuck_1.jpg]
[Image: ddIlIkT.png][Image: Citadel-NAVY-Wavy-Line-65K.gif][Image: qzGJBye.png]

03-18-2020, 05:18 AMdylanjj37 Wrote:
03-17-2020, 06:55 PMFleshBagSoup Wrote: :{

In a nice way! Love you baegle  Heart

Heart

03-17-2020, 06:11 PMCementHands Wrote: Always look forward to Dylan media.

I find myself agreeing with this... And it worries me deeply.

[Image: tomasnz.gif]

Player Page