Create Account

SHL Awards S52 Nomination announcement

Hi everyone, this season we are trialing a new approach to releasing the nominations for the S52 Simulation Hockey League Awards. We will be announcing two sets of award nominations each day for five days in the lead up to the awards show during S53 preseason week. Each day will have one of the position specific awards as well as one of the open award categories. Today's is the first of the series. Hope you enjoy them leave feedback in the comments! Along with how much we got it wrong. 

btw this post was due last night (friday), so expect another post later today probably.

========

Hello SHLers,

Today we are announcing the Season 52 nominees for the Bojo Biscuit Award for Best Defensive Defenseman, and the Ryan Jesster Award for Best Rookie of the year.

First up is what many in the nominating committee refer to the run-off award, the Bojo Biscuit Award, which attracts as many approaches as it does potential nominees - 18 this season.... although despite that there wasn't actually need for a runoff vote as the committee had a clear top three. Each nominee excelled across a different mix of traditional and advanced defensive stats this season. And here they are:

From the North West division, Winnipeg has Eric Vanderberg.  Jets  @Vandy  Jets

From the Great lakes area, we have Corey Kennedy.  syndicate @SDCore   syndicate

And our last nominee for the Bojo, JoIn DuBolk, of the Tampa Bay Barracuda.  Barracuda @MCP_  Barracuda

Congratulations to the three nominees for the Bojo Biscuit Award, the Best Defensive Defenseman of S52.

Now, for the coverted Ryan Jeester award for Rookie of the year. Players only get one shot at this award so it is one of the more precious trophy's in people's cabinets.

This year there were some really strong candidates, and definitely a couple of players out there who will feel they were worthy too, and they probably were! But the show must continue with the nominated trio.

Rookie superstar of the Toronto North stars Bobby Lane is the first of our three rookies.  Stars  @Rich  Stars

Jake Primeau winger for the Texan Renegades is next on our list.  Renegades  @rangersbruinslightning  Renegades

And lastly but not least Markus Tegernako, rookie goal tender for the Minasota chiefs.  Chiefs  @KlusteR  Chiefs

Congratulations to the three nominees for the Ryan Jeester Award, the Best Rookies of S52.

Stay tuned for more nominations over the coming few days!

[Image: tomasnz.gif]

Player Page

I dig the idea of announcing in media who got nominated, but I feel this misses the mark. This is just giving the same as what a singular post would've done as well, thus just cluttering the media section with lists of names.

I think it would be interesting if you had just a short paragraph or so highlighting why they were nominated, or about the impact they had. Could even ask players or GMs for quotes to use if you wanted to go that route. I just feel a little more is needed here to make this pop.

Nonetheless, cool idea. Just needs a tweak on execution imo.

An old man's dream ended. A young man's vision of the future opened wide. Young men have visions, old men have dreams. But the place for old men to dream is beside the fire.
[Image: DOF5tXM.png]
[Image: tjyuut.jpg] 
Thanks to Jackson, Copenhagen, and Harry Hans!

GOING DOWN IN STYLE. TOAST4LYFE

Yay Vandy

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

03-21-2020, 01:06 PMWannabeFinn Wrote: Yay Vandy

Yay me

I AM FINALLY RELEVANT

[Image: MCP_.gif]
     [Image: ICON1.png][Image: lions-button-updates.png]

yay bojo

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]