Create Account

An Interview with a rook [x2 Draft Media Post]
(This post was last modified: 09-17-2020, 04:06 PM by Aephino.)

Denver Star Tribune

The Hopes and Dreams of the Home Town Kid
by James Kawnwald

Thanks to agent Nancy Wilhelm, I had the chance to sit down with Sean Gatez today on the patio of one of Denver's famed breweries (thanks Cerebral for your wonderful patio) and discuss his future. The City of Denver has come to love their hulking young defensemen and are excited to see what the future holds for him. 

J- Sean how have you been feeling the last few days leading up to the draft? you seem fairly calm. 

S- Ive been really good and surprisingly not on edge. Its all so surreal at this point that I still cant believe its all happening. Like right now im just a kid living in his parents basement after graduating college. So many people are in my shoes, but then I have this HUGE thing just looming over me. Im about to be drafted to a team so that I can play a game that I love. Everyone should feel so lucky

J- Is it gonna be weird to play in another place than Denver? You haven't really done that before have you.

S- No I haven't. Ive always been able to play so close to home and have always had my family close by. I know Denver like the back of my stick, and they know me! But you know this is a new chapter in my life and I am ready to embrace it with arms wide open.

J- What do you think you will miss the most?

S- Well first its gonna be my moms cooking, then probably the sun, and then probably the  beer/patio culture that Denver has in spades! Look at us right now, its early September, it literally snowed on Tuesday, and now we are sitting outside enjoying a great beer on a great patio. People can do this in December and January in this wonderful town. Not a lot of places have this wonderful weather. However most places have way better food than Denver, sure we have Green Chile, but thats about it. excited to eat my weight in a new regional food. 

J- Speaking of locations, are you concerned you wont like your new home? 

S- Well obviously there will be some adjustment and im sure I will get homesick, but I know I can adapt to anything. And having a locker room full of guys that will be my new family will help with that. Im definitely going to need to learn some of my moms recipes though.

J- Have you been speaking with any of the GMs? are there teams you are really interested in?

S- I have spoken with GMs from about half of the teams. Ive reached out to a few and a few have reached out to me. So far ive spoken with Newfoundland, Quebec, Maine, Colorado, Carolina, St Louis, and Anaheim. Everyone has been so nice and welcoming. I would be really excited to play with any of those teams. Obviously id love to be a Raptor, but at the same time spreading my wings and playing in another state/country would be just as exciting. I gotta say, Quebecs logo is phenomenal and I think id look good in those colors. Who ever designed it deserves a hug. 

J- Are they your favorite?

S- Haha, i dont think i have a favorite yet. Like I said everyone has been very pleasant.

J- Well Sean, what are you hoping to achieve this coming year?

S- Im excited to bring my talents to the league and get to know a new team and obviously i want to win. Thats the whole point of this thing right? Win Games! Winning games with a new family would be an ideal year!

After this small conversation we ordered a few more beers and played some cards with his friends. All in all Sean seems ready for this next stage in his career. Where ever he lands his will be happy and Colorado will be watching and rooting for their home town kid! I know I will. 

Word Count 2942 x 2   687 x 2     EDIT: (went back and threw this into microsoft word for the word count)

[Image: d2EaZfr.png]
Former Player

Ilike

[Image: BirdmanSHL.gif]

Jean-François Bokassa
Armada

Proud Father of Johnny Wagner-Svenson

[Image: unknown.png]
Sven Svenson Career Stats

Sweden Raptors pride