Create Account

Why You Should Draft...Anaheim's Rookie Class and the SHL Draft [20% BONUS]
(This post was last modified: 10-04-2021, 08:59 PM by G2019.)

Anaheim entered the season in the unique position of rebuilding an almost entirely new squad, with that squad being mainly made up of true rookies. Although the team's record left much to be desired, the core group of rookies showed flashes of promise and will be aiming to deliver moving forward, not only for Anaheim, but for their soon-to-be SHL teams. I've been thoroughly impressed and honored to be part of this great group of users and players, and wanted to give SHL GM's some light reading material on why choosing an Anaheim Outlaw is the way to go in the coming draft!

Player: Anzelms Krastins

User: @"jackalewis229"

Position: Goalie

TPE: 305

TPE Class Rank: 5th

TPE Position Class Rank: 1st

Highest Attributes: (15) Positioning, (14) Reflexes, (13) Recovery

Intangibles: An outstanding and committed member of this Anaheim rookie class, Krastins is going to make whichever team drafts him extremely happy. Since joining the league, Krastins has dove in head-first, getting involved with some media, taking a job as a sim file worker, and earning a spot as a WJC GM. It’s clear to anyone who interacts with him that he loves this league, and his commitment and positive presence are second to none. Personally, I have been responsible for helping to draft this user to my team in all three of the sim leagues I am involved in…he’s a slam-dunk pick.

Draft Projection: Mid-Late Round 1 (simply due to positional need)

Player: Sconnie McHits

User: @G2019

Position: Left Winger

TPE: 304

TPE Class Rank: 6th

TPE Position Class Rank: 3rd

Highest Attributes: (13) Getting Open, Passing, Puck Handling, Offensive Read, Checking, Stick Checking, Faceoffs, Defensive Read, Acceleration, Agility, Stamina

Intangibles: I’m not going to wax poetic about myself here, but I’ve been reached or have reached out to a representative from every team in the SHL, so I’m open for communication. If you want to learn more about me, feel free to DM me Smile

Draft Projection: Early-Middle Round 1

Player: Eddie Creller

User: @Mook

Position: Right Winger

TPE: 298

TPE Class Rank: 12th

Highest Attributes: (15) Getting Open, (13) Passing, Puck Handling, Shooting Accuracy, Offensive Read, Checking, Stick Checking, Defensive Read, Agility, Balance, Strength

Intangibles: It’s been awesome getting to know Mook and playing together in Anaheim. He’s a great teammate and has great experience in the league and knowledge of how it operates. He has immense understanding of the sim and what it takes to be successful, but never comes off as arrogant with others, instead helping them to better understand as well. He has almost acted as another GM at times, and I feel would be an incredible asset to any team. 

Draft Projection: Mid-Late Round 1

Player: Connor O’Byrne

User: @unconfident69

Position: Center

TPE: 291

TPE Class Rank: 15th

TPE Position Class Rank: 2nd

Highest Attributes: (13) Screening, Getting Open, Passing, Puck Handling, Offensive Read, Checking, Stick Checking, Defensive Read, Stamina, Strength

Intangibles: unconfident was a great pickup for Anaheim in the draft and somebody I’ve really grown to enjoy. He brings fun to our locker room, has a vested interest in our team and player performances, and is a user who has management experience in sim leagues. O’Byrne is a sneaky pick, as I feel like he may be coming into the draft a bit under the radar and give his future team a real steal wherever they are able to get him.

Draft Projection: Mid-Late Round 1

Player: Stephan Gill

User: @CptGoosar

Position: Center

TPE: 290

TPE Class Rank: 16th

Highest Attributes: (14) Offensive Read, (13) Getting Open, Passing, Puck Handling, Checking, Stick Checking, Defensive Read, Acceleration, Stamina

Intangibles: Gill is another fantastic earner and all-around great sim leaguer. He is extremely consistent and always very engaged with our performance in the sim, as well as with the locker room as a whole. I would say that CptGoosar is, quite possibly, the friendliest person we have in our locker room, and that’s saying something with some of the folks we have in Anaheim. Drafting Gill would give any SHL team a future top-line scorer and an awesome locker room member.

Draft Projection: Late Round 1-Early Round 2

Player: Borje Samuelsson

User: @r1c3bowl22

Position: Right Defenseman

TPE: 281

TPE Class Rank: 26th

TPE Position Class Rank: 4th

Highest Attributes: (15) Offensive Read, (14) Passing, (13) Puck Handling, Shooting Range, Defensive Read, Acceleration, Agility, Speed, Stamina, Strength

Intangibles: On a team that has struggled defensively, Borje has been a bright spot for Anaheim…mainly as an offensive force himself. He’s always good for some chatter in the locker room, is committed to improving his build and embracing a fun playstyle as an offensive-minded D man, and has the laid-back nature and demeanor to fit in seamlessly with any SHL locker room.

Draft Projection: Mid-Late 2nd Round

Code:
1,443 words

[Image: CnPenxE.png]

I agree, and if you dont get someone from the Outlaws in this draft you'll be making a big mistake!

Outlaws

[Image: ljefVAX.png]
[Image: Wf5B9wj.png]

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47ibgf607c9m2feqsh0c...y.gif&ct=g]

Outlaws Outlaws Outlaws

[Image: takethehorizon.gif]
[Image: IdMkYiH.png]

[Image: NIYtQkE.png] [Image: NjFSX1z.png]

Sconnie is a beast

[Image: creller_dragons.png]

This is a pretty good class right here

[Image: vikian.gif]

Hey I know those guys

Your mental health is just as important as your physical health. Please take care of it. Here are some helpful links just in case.

Algonquin College Student Support Services - 613-727-4723
Crisis Text Line - Text 'HOME' to 741741
Distress Centre Ottawa and Region - 613-288-3311
Good2Talk - 1-866-925-5454
Kid's Help Phone - 1-800-668-6868
Mental Health Hotline Ontario - 1-866-531-2600
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline - 1-800-273-8255

Click here for a list of crisis centres within Canada
Suicide Prevention Resource Centre
Suicide Awareness Voices of Education

If you have the contact info to your local mental help centres, let me know!

--------------------
[Image: 34987_s.gif]
Player Page | Updates

[Image: 8y3FJne.jpg][Image: kA0CbGn.png][Image: aGT9Qsn.png]