Create Account

Forge-ing a new path

PHILADELPHIA FORGE SIGNS RAFAEL BOECK!

[Image: tumblr_omu8txlP8Q1rhtaw5o1_500.gifv]
A very belated post-draft interview by Jaime Sanders
09:00 GMT, 27 Oct 2021
Word count: 828

It was the day that all prospects from the Junior League had been waiting for.

Another draft day.

Though this one was not just any particular draft; at least not for Rafael Boeck (someone who I presume I can now call a good friend with how much I've interviewed him), marking the transition between SMJHL and the SHL. There is clear excitement in the air, it's almost rather suffocating as I sit there listening to names being reeled off - one by one. I cannot presume to know how Rafa feels at this point as names are being picked left right and center. Rafael is on the other side, sitting impatiently as I watch his leg bounce up and down as he stares at the big screen announcing where all the Rookies and prospects are headed. I wish I had called up and asked whether he had any drafting preference; though knowing how the man works now? He probably would be cool going to any team.

There is a cheer that goes up when Rafael Boeck comes in at pick 70 of Round 4. Looking over, it was clear to see that the man was relieved that he wasn't being saved for the last.

Luckily, before the man slips away, he's given me a chance to briefly interview him.

Rafael Boeck: Well if you look who it is.

Humor. Always a good sign.

Jaime Sanders: Quite! Sorry to bombard you like this, though it wasn't an opportunity that I could miss now, right? Not after interviewing you each major milestone.

RB: I guess not. It is a good night, being drafted by Philadelphia Forge.

I could tell that his mouth was struggling a little to get around the word 'Philadelphia', but we can let that one slide. The man was positively beaming about being drafted into the SHL.

JS: So, before we dive into the meat of things; did you have any idea where you'd end up? Did you have a preference of being drafted or did any of them reach out before to discuss?

RB: No, no. Actually, I didn't really know which team would end up drafting me at the time; I did get reached out by the Forge actually before this. Perhaps that should have given me a heads up. I was a little caught up in the games with Team Young Guns, and whilst we didn't have the best run there, it was a very good learning curve to see where I need to improve in my game.

JS: Of course. You're a pretty chill guy; like you don't mind wherever you end up, as long as you can learn right?

RB: Yes! Exactly.

JS: So, what are your expectations for the Forge?

There is a pause in thought as he cants his head to one side, briefly interrupted as his team mates clap him on the shoulder and give me a passing grin. Part of me feels like I had been the one being drafted off, but of course, we can leave that as a fever dream for another time.

RB: Expecting to be pushed; no doubt. The transition is very....big and such comes a particular learning curve. Lots of new things to learn and certainly expect to smell like the new guy on the team, even with fellow Squid, Lenny Hawk. Always good to have a fellow Kraken on the team to make things easier. No - no, I'm diverting off the question. So much excitement happening. Friendly locker room, people to put up with my shit as I learn the ropes.

Am I able to swear?

JS: I won't tell if you don't.

RB: Hopefully I can learn and grow as a player with the Forge during the seasons and learn a few new tricks. As well as helping them along as a Winger.

JS: That makes complete sense. Looks like you're being summoned so I shan't keep you too much longer. I wish you all the luck with the Forge and your SHL career.

We shake hands and Rafael is quick to bow out, perhaps swallowed by the excitement as he turns away with the biggest smile that I've seen on the player in our interactions thus far. I look forward to catching up with Rafa soon, perhaps see him later once he's settled after the pre-season games.

Or whenever he'd be happy to pick up my calls.

[Image: boeck.png] [Image: boeck2.png]

[Image: zFE0mSA.png] ⚖️ [Image: HKi05IH.png]
Germany Blizzard Kraken
thank you for the signatures made by @Ragnar

Hell yea king. Stoked to have you on board Forge

[Image: 66624_s.gif]
[Image: 56096_s.gif]
Credit to Ml002, King, Wasty, Carpy, Bruins10, Rum_Ham, Turd Ferguson, Ragnar and Enigmatic for the sigs.
Forge Stampede Inferno Specters Wolfpack Platoon Armada Scarecrows Uk

Player page | Player updates
[Image: wMGKypg.png]

Welcome to our team!! Stoked to have you here! Forge

Raptors Raptors  Raptors Raptors Raptors Raptors

Forge Forge Forge Forge Forge Forge 

Germany Germany Germany Germany Germany Germany 

[Image: drokeep.gif]

Forge

[Image: unknown.png]
[Image: wearingabear.gif]
render cred: @rum_ham, @Rangerjase @Ragnar @supertardis101 @Jogurtaa @Drokeep @evilallbran @Carpy48 @enigmatic
Player Page | Update Page
Armada  Forge  Finland

ayoooooooo

[Image: gurbs.gif]