Create Account

Lachlan Moon unsure where to play internationally
(This post was last modified: 07-02-2022, 01:37 AM by DELIRIVM. Edited 2 times in total.)

"When you're a bit of an outlier it makes it difficult to decide where you might play internationally. I'm a through and through Australian. I love my country and wish I could represent it on the world stage. I don't know where I fit in when there isn't even an a squad for Oceania players. But I guess I am asking too much when there are only a handful of us throughout the history of these leagues." 

Difficult words from the latest goalie to sign papers to be part of next weeks SMJHL draft. Lachlan Moon looks to fight an uphill battle to find a spot throughout the North American leagues and finds himself completely at a loss when it comes to which international team would be the best fit. 

"Goalie is a niche position. You have to play really well for people to want you and there are so few positions that it's hard to even start working towards the goal of playing well. Hopefully there will be some management teams that would like to take a chance on young guy from Brisbane looking to put his stamp on these leagues. I know that it's likely I go somewhere in the SMJHL but internationally I am still at a loss."

With no huge deadline to pick, Moon will consider any offer to play for a team. 

"It's all about fit for me. Kind people, a great locker room, and a chance to let my performances do the speaking. I hope there is a place out there for me."
Lachlan Moon's agent will be accepting offers for where to play and would love to hear from anyone that would like to have him.

[Image: 2Y6XCEF.png]
[Image: Xwhw2zl.gif]
[Image: 2utoLVQ.png]