Create Account

Pre-draft Team Rankings - Part 1 [2x Media]

I need some monies and remain in the mood to write before the NFL kicks off. I have also been continually asked what I think about the SMJHL teams. So, what the hell, let’s talk about some SMJHL teams as part of the pre-draft process.

I sat down with my guy, Kool-Aid McKinstry, to discuss the SMJHL teams. He gave me some thoughts and we created the following ranking.

1. Quebec City Citadelles Citadelles - I love everything about this team’s identity. Quebec City is an amazing hockey city, the colors are phenomenal, and the logo is pristine. Also, the owl is an underrated member of the intimidating group of animals. I am familiar with the history of the Nordiques in the NHL and know how much the fans show up for the Citadelles. Kool-Aid in the QC would be siiiick.

2. Newfoundland Berserkers Berserkers - One would imagine the Newfoundland Berserkers are SMJHL’s bash brothers or Broad Street Bullies, right? I like everything about Nordic history, vikings, etc. Black and gray is also, an optimal color scheme for a sport team. Kool-Aid’s style of play might not fit what the Berserkers are trying to do with their lineup, (assuming they’re all 9-foot tall and can bash), but that’s what might make the fit work. Teams might not see the speedster coming.

3. Yukon Malamutes Malamutes - Easy case for the ‘Mutes’ to be at the top of the list. I’m digging the shade of blue, much like QC, and while the red clashes…Yukon makes it work. Do I dare suggest Yukon’s shade of red is ‘Kool-Aid Red?’ I have no idea where TF Yukon is on a map, but I’m in. I have a dog, Buddy, who my family adopted a year ago. We thought he was a Golden Retriever-Malamute mix because of his look, size, and howl. Turns out, Buddy is a Golden mixed with a Great Pyrenees. Still, ‘Mutes’ FTW.

4. Carolina Kraken Kraken - Probably a much cooler name, image, and likeness a couple years ago; prior to the incarnation of the Seattle Kraken. Then again, the fact the Carolina Kraken have been around longer makes them even better. Kool-Aid isn’t a huge fan of orange, (because the Auburn Tigers can go to hell), but the logo is pretty sick. Kind of reminds one of the Targaryen sigil. I can see the headline now: ‘Kraken add Kool-Aid in Season 68 Draft.’

5. Vancouver Whalers Whalers - Kool-Aid has a preference to begin his pro career in a hockey-rich city that is full of legends and Vancouver fits the bill. Vancouver offers SMJHL and NHL clubs and no shortage of rabid fans, the kind of fans that burn their city to the ground, win or lose, when silverware is on the line. Those are the type of fans Kool-Aid likes to play for. Growing up in a family that is obsessed with Crimson Tide football, it makes sense. Also, Whalers is an awesome name.

6. Colorado Raptors Raptors - Kool-Aid can get down with Colorado. People in that state are chill and it is an underrated sports city. Like a lot of kids, Kool-Aid was infatuated with dinosaurs, growing up. Also, Kool-Aid’s on-ice game compares to the skills of a raptor. Color scheme and logo aren’t too shabby, either.

7. Detroit Falcons Falcons - Detroit is the one U.S. city that can offer Kool-Aid the professional hockey legends and lineage he desires. Falcons are lethal animals. Ever watch a falcon hunt? They’re fast and snipe; much like Kool-Aid on the ice. Kool-Aid wouldn’t mind adding to the great history the Detroit Falcons have cemented in the SMJHL.

8. Regina Elk Elk - Another city I know is somewhere in Canada but I cannot be sure exactly where. But Regina sounds like a hockey city. Elk are massive creatures and not always nice. Kool-Aid to Regina might be another of fit, because of style, but it can work.

…almost time to kick-off. Part 2 coming after the NFL early games.

701 words

[Image: h2OFdMh.png] [Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]