Create Account

Dusty's Been Drafted!

I know this Is a bit late, but just wanted to give a bit of a feel on Dusty's draft experience.

-The day of the draft was here, folks were eager to see who their favorite teams would select to be the young stars of the league and be stars of their own team- -Many had made mock drafts before the day and many had already seen the influx of the amount of draftees In this years draft and the hype was real for those making the selections-

Dusty nervous at the start of the day, "It's finally the day, I'm super nervous, but hopefully my guide will get me through this day." -Keep In mind when Dusty wakes up this morning he has no agent to this point as he was being an independent player, but knew he needed an agent- -He had called on his brother to be his new agent as his brother Corey hadn't really chose a career for himself and this could be a breakthrough for the both of them- Dusty calls Corey, and Corey picks up, "Hey what's up Dusty?" "Corey you're probably going to say no, but would you maybe like to be my hockey agent?" Corey chuckles on the phone, "Dusty.... What? You're something else sometimes." "I'm serious Corey, please the Draft Is today and I really need you to be my agent for when my name gets called tonight. I need you." Corey realizes the seriousness and answers back, "So you're serious... Dusty I've never done anything like this before In my life. All I've ever known Is working with Dad on painting and do stuff on a house. Nothing like this." Dusty begs Corey, "Listen I just need you to be my agent for my rookie season of Minors man and after that I'll find someone else for the Pro Draft." Corey huffs, "Just for your rookie season?" Dusty begs and says, "Yes! That's all I need you for Is one season and I'll even throw a bit of bread your way." Corey hears that and says, "Well Money you know I can't turn that down... Haha. I'll do It though Dusty, but only for your rookie season." Dusty Is so happy, "LETS GO thank you so much man! I'll see you at home, I've just got a few things left to do here at the rink." "sounds good man I'll see you later on" -They hang up-

-Dusty continues practicing, but knows today Is a day to just relax as he may receive phone calls- -He's received emails from the likes of Anchorage, Kelowna, St.Louis, Vancouver, Nevada, Colorado, Yukon and Maine. Which seemed like a great amount of teams, but through all his talks Dusty was certain Maine was going to take him with their pick as things had unfolded where they were in need of a LD come draft time-

-Dusty would go home to where his family was all waiting where they had set up stuff for a watch party to watch the draft live- -Dusty would hug everyone and thank them for coming-

-The Draft would start and Dusty could feel his nerves even though he knew he would go nowhere in the 1st round. Just the thought of even being here in this moment was a big one for him- -The draft would keep going as Dusty would see names come off the board and understand that he wasn't the sought out prospect like these others kids, but he was ready to prove a franchise right for selecting him with their respective pick-

Dusty whispers to Corey, "I'm pretty sure Maine Is going to pick me to be completely honest." Corey smiles, "Oh yeah? Well If you say so Dusty, but don't get those hopes high. People and teams get your hopes up just to not pick you to be honest." Dusty chuckles, "I know Corey, but I'm serious." Corey smiles and goes back to the TV, "Let's see man, I believe In you though."

As Pick 31 would come onto the screen, Dusty would receive a call and pick It up, "Yes?" "Hey Dusty Kelowna Knights Here just wanting to let you know we are going to select you here at Pick 31, now we know It's going to take you a bit to get here In Kelowna from your lovely state of Texas, but were excited to see you here when you get here. You have an agent right?" "Yes sir my brother Corey." "Could you put him on the phone real quick?" "Absolutely." -Dusty hands the phone to Corey- "Yes sir?" "Howdy there Corey, Just wanting to let you know we'll run the contract over to you by email and let you look It over while on your guys flight on the way over here. Want you to look It over and If there's anything you don't like let us know and we'll negotiate." "Sounds good sir, I'll look It over." -Corey hands the phone back to Dusty- "Alright Dusty yet again welcome to Kelowna and we'll see you here soon, we'll send those plane tickets as soon as possible." "Sounds good see you then sir."

-The pick Is announced on the TV as Dusty's family screams for him as the selection Is made and the dreams of a kid who just turned into a hockey kid have come true. You're now going to be watching a small Texas Kid make It big!-

Keep an eye on the shutdown defenseman play of DUSTY WILSON!

[Image: Dusty_new_sig_with_the_pride.png]

Oh YEAH! So happy you got drafted in Kelowna!

Imagine comes the Pro Draft, all you have to do is go home Wink

[Image: SyiOY8U.png]
[Image: un22.png] [Image: 5tu6.png]