Create Account

Best and Worst of goalies + interesting stats: S53-S54
(This post was last modified: 12-29-2022, 10:57 AM by WildfireMicro. Edited 1 time in total.)

Hey guys and gals and everything in between WildfireMicro here to talk about goalie stats. You see, Sir Devoir is currently playing for the rebuilding Baltimore Platoon amd has just recently gotten his first SHL shutout and the most single season wins of his career with 13. Yes I know he also got 30 losses but honestly I am taking what I can get being on a team that is quite some time from actually competing. Now, the reason I am telling you this is to tell you that I am going through every season from the start of the FHM Era, which is S53 by the way, and telling you who the best and worst goalie is.

This is very similar to the series of articles I have done for the ISFL and EFL talking about the best or worst of a specific stat throughout each season. However the reason I am starting with the FHM Era is basically because digging through the old Indexes seems like it will be a big pain. Whether or not this article will be spilt into parts will depend on how long this article will be in the end. And hey, you might hear some names here you'll recognize from way back then. So without any further ado let's begin:

Season 53:

Let's go back in time to when the Baltimore Platoon were still in West Kendall and two goalies are tied for the most losses on the season: Benjamin Blue and Harry Carpet. Benjamin Blue did have a 0.909 save percentage and a GR of 72. His GAA was 3.71 and he did not have any shutouts on the year, though his backup Tobias Lindeman did. With the last named Lindeman, all I can think of is the band Rammstein. However back to Benjamin, he allowed 154 goals while saving 1532. He did have 8 wins though. Now onto Harry Carpet, he only had 5 wins on the season as his backup Eddy Ask Jr. played more then Benjamin's backup.

He also had more overtime losses then Benjamin, with 3 to Ben's 1. He allowed 189 goals while saving 1832 for a GAA of 4.84 and actually had a shutout win while Benjamin did not. He also had a save percentage of 0.906% and had a GR of 73. Honestly considering all these factors, I think Benjamin Blue might be the worse goalie overall, bit it is pretty close.

Now in terms of who is the best in terms of wins, Geezus Kryyst has some divine intervention in that with 35 wins to the next player down Knox Booth's 32. Geezus also 6 losses and 3 overtime losses. He saved 1009 shots while allowing 94 goals which does seem pretty damn good. He also had 5 shutouts and a save percentage of 0.915%, though only a goalie rating of 72. So he may not be the best overall, but the reason I am going by wins is that digging out a lot of stats to compare which goalie is truly the best would become tedious after a while. Also Hamilton would go on to win the championship, beating Edmonton in the finals 4 games to 2.

You know now that I had time to think about it, i can probably also mention some other interesting stats about season 53. Yeah, part of the reason I am doing this it to pad out the word count, but it is my article to do what I want with. The most goals scored by a player that season is Ola Wagstorm with 42, 8 more then the next player down Flacko Lagerfield with 34. Maxmie Bouchard got the most assists with 42, only one more then Poopity Scoop who had 41. Flacko did have more points then Ola with 71 while Ola had 68, with Robert Phelps following them both with 62. Nobody had more then one fight won, and Shaquille Derisraka had both the most hits with 312 and the most penalty minutes with 178.

Season 54:

Luca Del Vecchio took the rusty crown for the most losses here, with 32 losses while the next player down (or is that up?) being Markus Tegernako with 30. And I will tell you this, spelling these names has been a bit of a chore. However for Luca, he did have 10 wins and 2 overtime losses. His defensemen did him no favors it seems, forcing him to save 1522 shots while allowing 148 goals for a GAA of 3.57 and a surprisingly impressive 3 shutouts. Well it is impressive to me because remember, Sir Devoir only had one this past season. He did have a save percentage of 0.911 and a goalie rating of 74 as well. He played for the Platoon who had a record of 15 - 33 - 2 and had 32 points.

The best goalie in this season in terms of wins was Elizabeth Dolye with 35. I've heard that name a few times, but not in quite a while and I cannot remember exactly where. Her team, the Buffalo Stampede, had a 41 - 7 - 2 record and had 84 points overall. Her defensemen were obviously much better then Luca's, as she only had to save 887 shots (so close to being 888 even) and only allowed 84 goals for a GAA of 1.91 and a save percentage of 0.913. She did unfortunately have a goalie rating of 68 however, though her backup Cedric Robinson had one of 58. Buffalo would unfortunately fall to the Hamilton Steelhawks in the second round of the playoffs 4 games to 2, who themselves would be swept out of the finals by the New Orleans Specters.

Flacko Lagerfield would lead the league in goals with 42, and Martjin Westbroke would lead the league in assists with 54 with Tony Pepperoni being the next one down with 47. Robert Phelps would be next man down for goals with 33, 9 less then Flacko. Flacko would lead the league in points with 84, with Martjin being the next man down with 77. Flacko would also be tied for the most shots with Daniel Smeb with 253. Parker  Smeb would have the most hits with 337, and would have the second most penalty minutes with 140 to the leader Jake Primeau's 169. And finally, Liam O'Callaghan would have the most shots blocked with 294, 56 more then Mathias Seger with 238.

Alright that is gonna be enough for the first episode of what is definitely going to be a series in the end. I realized with the first entry that there is a lot of stats I will have to go over with each entry, amd I hope that I will go over more then just two per entry. I will try to release one of these at least once a week, so thanks for reading and I hope to see you all on the ice!

[Image: wfm-sig.png]
[Image: Wf5B9wj.png]

12-29-2022, 10:55 AMWildfireMicro Wrote: Hey guys and gals and everything in between WildfireMicro here to talk about goalie stats. You see, Sir Devoir is currently playing for the rebuilding Baltimore Platoon amd has just recently gotten his first SHL shutout and the most single season wins of his career with 13. Yes I know he also got 30 losses but honestly I am taking what I can get being on a team that is quite some time from actually competing. Now, the reason I am telling you this is to tell you that I am going through every season from the start of the FHM Era, which is S53 by the way, and telling you who the best and worst goalie is.

This is very similar to the series of articles I have done for the ISFL and EFL talking about the best or worst of a specific stat throughout each season. However the reason I am starting with the FHM Era is basically because digging through the old Indexes seems like it will be a big pain. Whether or not this article will be spilt into parts will depend on how long this article will be in the end. And hey, you might hear some names here you'll recognize from way back then. So without any further ado let's begin:

Season 53:

Let's go back in time to when the Baltimore Platoon were still in West Kendall and two goalies are tied for the most losses on the season: Benjamin Blue and Harry Carpet. Benjamin Blue did have a 0.909 save percentage and a GR of 72. His GAA was 3.71 and he did not have any shutouts on the year, though his backup Tobias Lindeman did. With the last named Lindeman, all I can think of is the band Rammstein. However back to Benjamin, he allowed 154 goals while saving 1532. He did have 8 wins though. Now onto Harry Carpet, he only had 5 wins on the season as his backup Eddy Ask Jr. played more then Benjamin's backup.

He also had more overtime losses then Benjamin, with 3 to Ben's 1. He allowed 189 goals while saving 1832 for a GAA of 4.84 and actually had a shutout win while Benjamin did not. He also had a save percentage of 0.906% and had a GR of 73. Honestly considering all these factors, I think Benjamin Blue might be the worse goalie overall, bit it is pretty close.

Now in terms of who is the best in terms of wins, Geezus Kryyst has some divine intervention in that with 35 wins to the next player down Knox Booth's 32. Geezus also 6 losses and 3 overtime losses. He saved 1009 shots while allowing 94 goals which does seem pretty damn good. He also had 5 shutouts and a save percentage of 0.915%, though only a goalie rating of 72. So he may not be the best overall, but the reason I am going by wins is that digging out a lot of stats to compare which goalie is truly the best would become tedious after a while. Also Hamilton would go on to win the championship, beating Edmonton in the finals 4 games to 2.

You know now that I had time to think about it, i can probably also mention some other interesting stats about season 53. Yeah, part of the reason I am doing this it to pad out the word count, but it is my article to do what I want with. The most goals scored by a player that season is Ola Wagstorm with 42, 8 more then the next player down Flacko Lagerfield with 34. Maxmie Bouchard got the most assists with 42, only one more then Poopity Scoop who had 41. Flacko did have more points then Ola with 71 while Ola had 68, with Robert Phelps following them both with 62. Nobody had more then one fight won, and Shaquille Derisraka had both the most hits with 312 and the most penalty minutes with 178.

Season 54:

Luca Del Vecchio took the rusty crown for the most losses here, with 32 losses while the next player down (or is that up?) being Markus Tegernako with 30. And I will tell you this, spelling these names has been a bit of a chore. However for Luca, he did have 10 wins and 2 overtime losses. His defensemen did him no favors it seems, forcing him to save 1522 shots while allowing 148 goals for a GAA of 3.57 and a surprisingly impressive 3 shutouts. Well it is impressive to me because remember, Sir Devoir only had one this past season. He did have a save percentage of 0.911 and a goalie rating of 74 as well. He played for the Platoon who had a record of 15 - 33 - 2 and had 32 points.

The best goalie in this season in terms of wins was Elizabeth Dolye with 35. I've heard that name a few times, but not in quite a while and I cannot remember exactly where. Her team, the Buffalo Stampede, had a 41 - 7 - 2 record and had 84 points overall. Her defensemen were obviously much better then Luca's, as she only had to save 887 shots (so close to being 888 even) and only allowed 84 goals for a GAA of 1.91 and a save percentage of 0.913. She did unfortunately have a goalie rating of 68 however, though her backup Cedric Robinson had one of 58. Buffalo would unfortunately fall to the Hamilton Steelhawks in the second round of the playoffs 4 games to 2, who themselves would be swept out of the finals by the New Orleans Specters.

Flacko Lagerfield would lead the league in goals with 42, and Martjin Westbroke would lead the league in assists with 54 with Tony Pepperoni being the next one down with 47. Robert Phelps would be next man down for goals with 33, 9 less then Flacko. Flacko would lead the league in points with 84, with Martjin being the next man down with 77. Flacko would also be tied for the most shots with Daniel Smeb with 253. Parker  Smeb would have the most hits with 337, and would have the second most penalty minutes with 140 to the leader Jake Primeau's 169. And finally, Liam O'Callaghan would have the most shots blocked with 294, 56 more then Mathias Seger with 238.

Alright that is gonna be enough for the first episode of what is definitely going to be a series in the end. I realized with the first entry that there is a lot of stats I will have to go over with each entry, amd I hope that I will go over more then just two per entry. I will try to release one of these at least once a week, so thanks for reading and I hope to see you all on the ice!

Sorry, accidentally replied when I meant to edit