Create Account

MCP's "I'm Broke" Presser - S70 Edition
(This post was last modified: 03-19-2023, 07:29 PM by MCP_. Edited 1 time in total.)

Hi SHL,

Unlike a lot of people in this league, I have an aversion to writing media/doing graphics on a consistent basis/writing big enough articles to not write consistently. This means I am essentially broke and envy the people with hundreds of millions of SHL Bucks in their accounts. It's also safe to assume that in order to earn all the TPE you can, you kinda have to earn enough to afford training for 2-3 months per season.

I will now answer any SHL questions to make me not broke while I try to get something out for draft media or make another FHN article. I might also make this a seasonal thing, but we'll see on that.

03-19-2023, 08:54 AMPremierBromanov Wrote: Why did you let trella run this team knowing full will he was going to make us lose 50 games in a row

He held my theoretical family at gunpoint, and I had no choice but to give him full reign of the team and finances. As everyone knows, I was the most upstanding GM this league has seen and made no mistakes (ignore my firing post over a year ago it's not relevant). Giving up the team to the tyrant Trella wasn't easy, but it was a necessity. On another note, going winless is a mark of a horrible, no good, very bad gm. I can't believe that Trella took my team and just got rid of everything in order to achieve this shortsighted goal (this is all satire please don't put this under invalid media i love Trella)

03-19-2023, 11:24 AMdomffl Wrote: Imagine hockey but everyone had to skate backwards. Now verbally process what issues would arise.

From the 2 hours I spent falling on my ass at my local ice rink (yes Texas has ice rinks, shocker), I am more than qualified to say that it would majorly impact how the game is played. The first and most obvious issue would be that people can't see behind them without turning their heads. I don't know about you, but keeping your head turned for a prolonged period of time would cause muscle strain. There would need to be more care taken to ensure that you don't run backward into the boards or other people as a result. I would also imagine puckhandling would be more difficult since you would have to keep the stick at an awkward angle.

Then we get to scoring attempts. You would essentially need to have someone in front of the net in order to even have a chance at scoring most of the time. Any shots between a player's legs would be difficult since you couldn't aim well. Passing towards the net would be difficult to achieve in my eyes, so passing away from the net would be more common

Goalies are a bit weird; they are probably the only player that can actively face towards where they want to go. The only differences being that they would probably stay in their crease more since going out to play the puck would be significantly more difficult.

In short; it's a mess for everyone

03-19-2023, 11:35 AMspidey Wrote: If you could be on any other team in the SHL, which would it be and why?

Oh man, there are so many great SHL franchises it would be hard to choose, especially with the managers of some of these teams being so great. If I had to choose one though....

It would be Tampa Bay. SIKE, I ain't leaving any time soon and I ain't choosing another team. Tampa Bay Water Dogs 4 Lyfe don't @ me

(as a more serious answer, and in terms of teams I haven't been on before, Los Angeles and Atlanta would be my top choices, mostly because they seem like great locker rooms and management teams)

03-19-2023, 11:52 AMchetib Wrote: If the original Power Rangers played hockey what positions would they be and would you wish to coach the team?

Even though I'm more interested in the Japanese show, I do remember this cast (even though I was born 7 years after it initially aired and grew up with the Disney seasons). I'm also assuming we're talking about the original originals and not Rocky/Adam/Aisha/Katherine who came later in the 2nd and 3rd seasons. If I had to put them in positions, we would have:

- Tommy/the Green & White Ranger (rest in peace) at center. It wouldn't be a stretch to say that the most iconic character (and most powerful) from the franchise should be the star center of the team
- Billy/the Blue Ranger and Kimberly/the Pink Ranger at wing. Billy is a high IQ player, but not too athletic. I imagine him being a Joe Pavelski kind of player. Kimberly is agile and would be a great puck mover.
- Trini/the Yellow Ranger (rest in peace) and Zach/the Black Ranger at defense. If I remember correctly, they were the muscle of the show, so having them at defense is fitting
- Jason/the Red Ranger in the net. Some people might scoff at me for not making him a forward, but if there's anyone that can take control of the net, it's the person who is the leader and has confidence in the team in front of him.

03-19-2023, 05:12 PMEvil_AllBran Wrote: Explain to me why cinnamon brown sugar Pop Tarts are the best flavour of Pop Tarts and how you would use a non-conventional method to send a box to Australia. Apparently I am hungry, not not for food, for sugar.

While I personally believe S'mores to be the best flavor, Brown Sugar and Cinnamon is a top-tier flavor. This is due to the fact that it combines two already great flavors that go together very well, and is not too overwhelming. It probably could have used a bit of chocolate to push it higher, but as is it's a great flavor.

Now, based on the 5 seconds of research on the topic, it should be noted that pop tarts are legally allowed to be shipped to Australia since they are shelf stable and such, so it shouldn't be too hard to find a friend to ship you some. Now, if we're wanting to avoid tarrifs/high shipping fees, become pen pals with a person on a cargo ship that regularly delivers to Australia and see if he can sneak a box onboard. If you eventually take a trip to the united states, just pack it up Wolf of Wallstreet style and surround your body with them as you try and enter the plane. They might get squished and crumble, but they're still good to be consumed.

[Image: MCP_.gif]
     [Image: ICON1.png][Image: lions-button-updates.png]

Why did you let trella run this team knowing full will he was going to make us lose 50 games in a row

[Image: premierbromanov.gif]

Fuck the penaltys
ARGARGARHARG
[Image: EePsAwN.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: eaex9S1.png]

Imagine hockey but everyone had to skate backwards. Now verbally process what issues would arise.

[Image: jwpshl.png]

If you could be on any other team in the SHL, which would it be and why?

[Image: Ak8rQKy.png?width=675&height=375]
Sig by Lazyeye
[Image: image.png?width=600&height=300]
Sig by DaBoot
Knights Timber pride

If the original Power Rangers played hockey what positions would they be and would you wish to coach the team?

Tibuk Soonika - G - Tampa Bay Barracuda| Portal Page
BarracudaSwitzerlandKnights

Explain to me why cinnamon brown sugar Pop Tarts are the best flavour of Pop Tarts and how you would use a non-conventional method to send a box to Australia. Apparently I am hungry, not not for food, for sugar.

[Image: sigrotator123.gif]
 [Image: UEX4RCQ.png]  [Image: PHI-pepe2.png]  [Image: r2pSvNf.png]
Special thanks to Carpy48, Ragnar, Merica, High Stick King, Sulovilen, sothfacekilla, enigmatic and LeSizz for the signatures!

Answered through here @PremierBromanov @domffl @spidey @chetib @Evil_AllBran

[Image: MCP_.gif]
     [Image: ICON1.png][Image: lions-button-updates.png]

Mmm very good, please pay the man.

Special thanks to Carpy48, Ragnar, Merica, High Stick King, Sulovilen, sothfacekilla, enigmatic and LeSizz for the signatures!

How do you pronounce Jølñgüštrâädæviñçh DuBølk ?

[Image: opt6vpu.jpg]

03-19-2023, 05:12 PMEvil_AllBran Wrote: Explain to me why cinnamon brown sugar Pop Tarts are the best flavour of Pop Tarts and how you would use a non-conventional method to send a box to Australia. Apparently I am hungry, not not for food, for sugar.

We already determined the best flavor of Pop Tarts almost 4 years ago, Brown Sugar didn't even make the Final 4
https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=96053

[Image: spartangibbles.gif]
[Image: qGhUIfY.png]  Outlungus   Usa Monarchs  [Image: PlcJv9V.png]

03-24-2023, 08:33 PMSpartanGibbles Wrote:  
We already determined the best flavor of Pop Tarts almost 4 years ago, Brown Sugar didn't even make the Final 4
https://simulationhockey.com/showthread.php?tid=96053

Wow looking at the top for I feel sad for those who voted. Them some basic-bitch flavours. THAT'S RIGHT I SAID IT! I'M HOPPED UP ON CINNAMON AND READY TO FIGHT!

JK but IDK how strawberry ended up on top, pure sugar hurts my teeth just thinking about it Cry