Create Account

St. Louis Season 72 Review
(This post was last modified: 07-07-2023, 04:14 AM by Crazytomato. Edited 1 time in total.)

The St. Louis Scarecrows had an amazing season compared to last season going from a Bottom tier team at 38 points to a playoff underdog with 71 points nearly doubling the number of points they had. They also had a major trade acquiring Robin Nyckel (442 TPE currently), and James Ward-Prowse (631 TPE currently) from Colorado. 

Some notable players this season include Konig Wolf who put up 73 points in 66 games as a rookie with 260 tpe.  Kyle Baretto had a interesting season ending up with a 0.907 SV* and a 77gr way better than last year when he was a 0.881 and 64 gr. Sunrise Van De Schubbekutteveen had a great rookie season being exactly ppg with the 3rd highest point total in St. Louis.  

Players to watch next year: LW Marshall madden, Madden had a pretty under the radar year getting 22 goals and 24 points I could see him getting above ppg next season. Crazy Tomato after a great 2nd year he could push above ppg after a bunch of improvement.  

Top 5 games of the year 

5th: STL vs QCC 6-0 win this game was during St. Louis’s struggles and was kinda suppriseing even though they were the favorite team in the game but the dominated. Stars of the game: Konig Wolf 1 goal 2 assists, Dominik winters 3 assists, jay bryzi 1 goal 1 assist, 

4th: STL vs NL 6-2 Win this game is kinda like the last other then the fact that NL is one of the top teams in the league were as QCC was a bottom 3 team. This game showed what STL can do dominating the cup winners nearly doubleing in shots and weirdly have 50/50 at the faceoff dot. Stars of the game: Robin Nyckel 1 Goal 1 Assist. Dominik Winters 2 goals 1 assist, Jay Bryzi 1 goal 1 assist.  

3rd STL vs YUM 4-0 win. This was a very fun game STL got pushed and blasted but heald strong with YUM getting 36 shots on goal and Kay Lee stoping all of them for the shutout. This game was also very physical with Both teams putting up nearly 30 hits each. Stl did have the edge in the Faceoff cercle winning 56% of them. Stars of the game: Kay Lee 36 Save Shutout, David Doug 1 hit (idk its what the game says) Jay Bryzi 1 goal 1 assist 2 hits 

2nd STL vs COL 8-1 Win this game was amazing from start to finish St. Louis dominated everyone on the team was great the goaltending from kay Lee and The no points from me (pain) but everyone had their part with only 3 people not having points in the game excludeing the goaltender (one of those players includes me :’(. Stars of the game: Arturri Lappalainen 4 assists 6 hits, Dee Fence1 goal 2 assists 2 hits, lasse zeigler 1 goal 1 assist 3 hits. 

GAME OF THE YEAR.  ANC vs STL 9-1 WIN This game was insane with 3 goals in each period ANC didn’t stand a chance vs STL they dominated in everything with 45 shots on goal, 64% face off wins, going 3/5 on the power play and even dominating physically with 36 hits vs ANC’s 21. This game started off bad for ANC with 2 goals in the first 10 mins ( one from me!) and it just kept getting worse as it was 3-0 when the 2nd period started and right away two quick goals  from STL in the first 3 mins of the period St. Louis was up 5-0 and 3 mins later they made it 6-0 so it was 6-0 6 mins into the 2nd period St. Louis LR was so much fun to be in and then at the end of the period Oskar Scholz decides to end the shutout  with 5 minutes left in the period. In the third period STL went right back at it scoreing 3 goals includeing a goal with 3 seconds into the game that must have pissed off some ANC players. This game was possibly my player’s best game of the season getting 5 points so for stars of the game: Crazy Tomato 1 goal 4 assists 2 hits, Sunrise van de Schubbekutteveen 2 goals 2 assists 1 hit, Todd Bowers 1 goal 2 assists 4 hits. 

Things the team did good on this year. St. Louis had a very good year defensively having the 4th least goals against and 4th best PK%. Faceoff wise St. Louis was the 2nd best team with heavy improvement expected of the offseason they should be able to get 1st next season with St. Louis being one of the youngest teams and doesn’t have very many In active players.  

Things the team struggled with. St. Louis Had a good season but still struggled offensively having the 6th least goals and I think this is the main thing the Team needs to work on this off-season even though most of the players have a offensive build the team still struggled. Another thing they need to improve on is being more consistent, St Louis this year was Very very streaky with them going on 3 game-win streaks and then 4 game losing streaks, but it was way better then St Louis in s70. 

here's a little graph of STL improvement since s61 and it also includes a prediction for next season
[Image: STL_1.jpg]

If you guys have any media ideas or want me to make a Career summary of your player, current or past but please have a decently long career because I need to have something to write about  

Wooo!

good job on the media!

[Image: dc24.png]