Create Account

[2x Team Spotlight] Minhattan Monarchs draft numbers
(This post was last modified: 02-24-2024, 03:21 PM by FuriousChicken. Edited 1 time in total.)

Welcome to part 3 of looking at the drafts of the team of the week, this week the spotlight is on the Minnesota Monarchs. For the rules, please go back to the first article (Edmonton Blizzards).

Where Edmonton only had 29, Manhattan had 48, Minnesota drafted a mighty 75 players. This mean there are a lot more players to look at once again. Of these 75, only 58 are in the index, which means the other 17 players won’t be taken into account for some of the graphs.

Let’s start off with the season the drafts took place in. The Minnesota Monarchs drafted multiple players in every single season we are looking at. With the 9 players drafted in S67 and S65 being the main stand-out. Obviously there are also the 8 drafted in S64, 7 drafted in S72, and 6 drafted in S75, and S74. For the rest 5 drafted in S73, and S68. 4 drafted in S71, S66, and S63. 3 drafted in S70, and S69. Finally 2 drafted in S62.
[Image: jFEU5t6.png]

Next up is the round in which the Minnesota Monarchs like to draft their players. The 75 drafted players mainly come from the first 3 rounds, with 29 being drafted in the 2nd round being the most drafted round for the Minnesota Monarchs. From here it is the 3rd round with 20 players drafted, the 1st round with 18 players drafted, and the other 8 are drafted in the 4th and 5th rounds with them having 6 and 2 players drafted respectively
[Image: eLIeh3B.png]

Now we got onto the sections where the 17 players not in the portal anymore won’t be taken into account. This means only 58 of the players are left.

First off, the position that the Minnesota Monarchs like to draft. Their main focus over these past few seasons has been on the forwards, drafting 35 forwards compared to the 23 players drafted for defense and goalies combined. Of these 35 forwards there are 13 centers, with both wing positions having 11 each. In the 23 remaining players we see 7 being left defenders, with both right defenders and goalies having 8 players drafted
[Image: cRIXLig.png]

Before going onto the J-rounds, of the 58 remaining players 14 came into the SHJML from the waiver draft, instead of from the J-draft.These obviously won’t be taken into account for the rounds. Which means that only 44 players are remaining

Onto the J-league draft. Where the Minnesota Monarchs drafted players who were drafted out of 4 different rounds. The 2nd round is once again the most popular with 16 players coming from there, this is however very closely followed by 13 players going in the 1st round, and 10 more in the 3rd round. The 4th round has 5 players going to the Minnesota Monarchs.
[Image: Gt4wHAI.png]

The Minnesota Monarchs sees players coming in from every single SJHML team which currently exists. With the bulk of their players (12) coming from the St. Louis Scarecrows. Following this is the Quebec City Citadelles with “only” 6 players. Following these is a tie between the Great Falls Grizzlies, and the Newfoundland Berserkers both having 5 players, the Carolina Kraken, and Detroit Falcons follow this up with 4 each. There is then a big group of teams with 3 players (Colorado Raptors, Kelowna Knights, Maine Timber, Nevada Battleborn, Regina Elk, Vancouver Whalers, and the Yukon Malamutes). With the final team being the Anchorage Armada from which the Monarchs only drafted 1 player.
[Image: G389SLd.png]

That was it for the Minnesota Monarchs draftees. But like last time a nice graph follows that shows the J-team origins for all 3 teams done so far. I am starting to have a feeling this is gonna be 1 big mess.
[Image: gMg6xcE.png]

Old Teams:
Edmonton Blizzards (Includes the “rules”)
Manhattan Rage

[618 words]

[Image: FuriousChicken.gif]

02-24-2024, 08:41 AMFuriousChicken Wrote: I am starting to have a feeling this is gonna be 1 big mess.

Very possible, but I like reading them. btw. did you notice that your images from the first post of this series no longer work? I'd try to find a differerent place than discord to upload them.

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: AfpXX8l.png]
(This post was last modified: 02-24-2024, 10:46 AM by FuriousChicken. Edited 1 time in total.)

02-24-2024, 09:47 AMCarpy48 Wrote: Very possible, but I like reading them. btw. did you notice that your images from the first post of this series no longer work? I'd try to find a differerent place than discord to upload them.
Noticed recently that my icon and signatures (also all coming from discord) needed new links, so I guess I should indeed start looking at a different place Smile

(Now also noticing I messed up the teamname in the title ...)

[Image: FuriousChicken.gif]