Create Account

[VSN] A New Start (And FA experience)
(This post was last modified: 03-27-2024, 12:32 PM by ValorX77. Edited 1 time in total.)

After days of discussing with every single team, I have come to a decision on where my talents will go. But first, I’ll give an insight on my process in free agency to help you decide if this experience is right for you.

The first thing that happens is you either inform the team the intention to test free agency or the team will not re-sign you.

In this case, Texas chose not to re-sign me as I was the oldest player on the roster.

The DM with one of the Texas GM’s went something like this:

Tex GM: "Hey Valor!
Hope all is well!
Really hoping we make that run for a cup this season. You guys deserve it so much and I truly think we have a fantastic chance.

I wanted to reach out regarding your future on the team! I believe how things are going to work out is we'll be dropping our oldest forwards and inactive D to make room for our rookie callups. The TPE difference won't be that far apart. Unfortunately this means we likely won't be extending your contract.

I really wish we could make room for you. You have been an absolute joy and pleasure to have here and I can't thank you enough for all the work you've done for us in the war room and leadership role. I appreciate you so much. All the more reason why I really REALLY want to get you a cup before you leave us."

For context, if my player was a few seasons younger, I would have stayed in Texas, but because I was old, Texas went with a prospect instead.

So now I’m a free agent, so what did I do next?

Since no GM’s initially reached out to me, I decided to craft a set of questions for GMs to answer:

Dear [GM],

My name is ValorX77, and I’m looking for a place for Videl Valor to play for S76. My player is sitting at 1100 TPE post regression and I have 2 goals I want to get before I retire this player. But I have a few questions.

What is the team’s locker room like?

Are in a rebuild or a playoff push?

Would you have enough cap to sign me?

Why would I want to sign with your team?

I look forward to taking to you soon.

- Valor

I then sent this to every GM that wasn’t Texas and see if there was any interest.

Here are some the responses (To avoid name dropping, I’m keeping the teams and GMs anonymous. These are not meant to be in a mean way)

"Hi Valor! Currently our roster is absolutely packed to the rafters, to the point that I'm having to off load players to make spots for prospects coming through as well as to make sure we are cap compliant.

Thanks for the message though and good luck with your pursuit of a team to play on this season."

"Hey Valor, ill just cut to the chase. I dont have any room at forward this season. good luck on your search"

"hey valor! we're all full up on forwards this season so we're unable to fit anyone else - best of luck in the search for a new team"

"I don’t have space for you buddy, im sorry."

"Hi, unfortunately we're not looking to go big in free agency this year"

"Hey there Valor! Thank you so much for reaching out. I'd like to think our team has a very active and fun LR, certainly helped by the success we've had this past season.
Unfortunately I do not think we will have the cap space to be taking on any additional players as we are already pretty tight on budget/space.
I'll be sure to reach out in the event that any of that changes but in the meantime I wish you the best of luck finding a team!"

"Hi Valor,
Have to inform you that sadly the squad is already full.
Wish you best of luck in your quest to find a good landing spot!"

"Hi sorry, I have been really busy the last few weeks.

"As much as I hate to say this, we sadly do not have any room on our roster to fit your player. I wish you the best of luck looking for a home!"

"Hi Valor, unfortunately we don't have the cap space to sign you, but as a sign of respect I will still answer your questions:

There is not much description I have for our locker room, we recently started from scratch and we are building it from the ground up with a certain culture that I can't really describe

Currently we are looking to make playoff contention

We have pretty good centers so I suppose you would have decent success points wise"

"Hi Valor! the locker room is ok, we are in a rebuild but slowly starting to build up now, so the activity is going up

we are in a rebuild

we have the cap room

you would get good playing time"

"hey, thanks for reaching out to me in [redacted]. I just wanted to say, sorry that we don't have a spot in [redacted] for a forward and best of luck going forward this season"

Things are not going quite well, a couple maybes but a lot of no vacancy signs, that is until I found the team I chose to go to.

Originally they said that they couldn’t sign me, but then reached back out saying that they had a vacant spot on the teams defense.

My player has played forward her entire career, so switching to defense gives her a new start (hence the title) and a place to play.

So, after careful consideration and discussions with other users to help me out. I have decided to sign a 1 season deal with the city I am from irl.

THE BALTIMORE PLATOON! Platoon

The Val has come back home.

(1019 words, ready for grading)

[Image: ljefVAX.png]
[Image: Wf5B9wj.png]

Best of luck in Baltimore Valor!

[Image: 3WSeHAA.png]

You are going to a good team, best of wishes!

[Image: SyiOY8U.png]
[Image: un22.png] [Image: 5tu6.png]

Glad to hear you found a team after all, hope things go well in Baltimore!

PanthersPanthersPanthersPanthers

KnightsKnightsKnightsKnights

Congrats Valor, best of luck!

[Image: Oats.gif]

Player Page | Player Update
[Image: 401.png] [Image: S42cup1.png] [Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png][Image: WuTGq5J.png][Image: XUMDqMO.png]

Glad to hear you found a home. Good luck man. Smile

Andren Akerson (Present)
Adrik Baranov (S55 to S70)
Rurik Razin (S32 to S44)
Roy Razin (S17 to S32) (HOF/Rage HOF)
Audun Wissink (S5 to S15)

Platoon Platoon Platoon

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

Yeah! Welcome to BAP!

---
Ekaterina Valieva - Baltimore Platoon

[Image: 0KH34qN.png]
Thanks @Lazyeye for the sig!

good luck in baltimore!

[Image: S38oOt3.png][Image: of1yZSs.png]
[Image: JzmdDrE.png]