Create Account

[2x Team Spotlight] New Orleans Prospect Review

New Orleans Prospect Review!

Hello! Good morning! Good afternoon! Good evening! Whatever time it may be in your part of the world, welcome to the New Orleans Prospect Review! The only place to view scouting reports and breakdowns of the prospects for your New Orleans Specters! We will be starting with the older prospects in the system and make our way to the younger players. We will first discuss the players a bit and then move on to how they played so far in their careers.

Ace Guided

Ace Guided was drafted 28th overall in the season 74 entry level draft. A member of the Maine Timber, Ace is a center and one of the older players playing in Maine. Ace has an all around game style with a focus on making plays with fantastic passes and quick hands. While he does not score a ton of goals, he does set up teammates. A real team first player.  In his rookie season he was able to help Maine win the coveted Four Star Cup.He has also represented team USA junior club winning a Gold medal in season 73, as well as a bronze medal in in season 75 with team USA's White junior club. In season 74 he was nominated for the Alex Light award for most improved player.

In his four season with Maine in the SMJHL, Ace has been terrific! His rookie season saw him net 42 points while maintaining both good defensive play. In season 74, Ace Guided would set his record for most points in a season with 83 points with a whopping 53 assist. Just to show you how well he can set his teammates up, he goes out in gets another fantastic season in 75 with 81 points from 51 assists. While his season 76 numbers are down, i believe his ability to improve and play a complete game is there. What is next for the 6 foot center man? With his last season in the SMJHL played, it should be no surprise to see him called up to wear the purple sweaters in New Orleans.

Bartholomew Chungus Gingersnap III

Bartholomew Chungus Gingersnap the Third was drafted 9th overall in the season 74 draft to the Minnesota Monarchs. A member of the Regina Elk, Bartholomew was a solid offensive defenseman who had a quick first step and great mind. He started his career off in a short stint in Quebec City before being drafted by Regina. Once settled in at Regina, Bartholomew would become one of the defensive cornerstones of the Elks. He did not put up huge numbers point wise, but his consistency and attitude is of a winning mind. While he never found success when it came to hardware with the Elks, he was able to help Team ICE win a Silver medal in season 74 World Juniors.  Last offseason saw Bartholomew traded to the New Orleans Specters in package deal that also brought Luca Pane over.

His rookie season saw him put up 28 points on a mid table team. His Regina team was knocked out in the second round by the Newfoundland Berserkers. Season 74 saw him slump a bit in the points department, but he was still able to keep his defensive play solid. Season 75 sees Bartholomew at his best, in my opinion. He was able to put up 12 goals in 26 assists while maintaining excellent defensive play. I feel like this is the season he really stepped it up and found his stride. Season 76 rolls around and he captures that magic again with 15 goals and 17 assists. I think I do not do him justice enough about his defensive play. They just knew how to be impactful anywhere on the ice. With that said, his career was cut short following a tragedy.
Quick anecdote: TDZ will be missed dearly by everyone who knew him. He was such a great guy who anyone could find friendship in. Rest in Peace my friend.Thank you for the memories.

Wonderbread

Next up we have Wonderbread. Yes, that is their name. No, we will not explain it anymore. Drafted way in the 6th round of season 75's 'Reddit" draft with the 88th overall pick. The undersized winger is actually quite the marvel. He has an above average offensive mind and the speed of a cheetah. One of the faster players in the SMJHL, he finds himself wearing the Great Falls Grizzlies sweater. The St Cloud, MN native has all the offensive tools to be an impact player. Though many of their critics cite their defensive game as, lacking. While it is true, the New Orleans head brass are probably not worried about that at this time. I would imagine they believe that they have the tools to become a better 200 foot player, and are willing to give them time to work on it. Wonderbread has not been able to win any hardware in the SMJHL or Internationally with Team USA. I believe they have one more season left in the SMJHL before being called up to the big club. They should use this opportunity to work on all aspects of their game and cement their spot on the big club.

Wonderbread's rookie season saw them score 30 points from 11 goals. Not bad for the undersized winger. Their next two seasons would be fairly identical, putting up 45 and 40 points with 17 and 22 goals respectfully. I do not think you should look down at the SMJHL as a league, it is a tough league with really good prospects. I predict they will be greatly improved next season hitting the 25 goal mark. That is going to depend heavily on Great Falls to get out of the center of the standings, I do believe Wonderbread can help.

Roman Cechmanek II

Roman Cechmanek II was drafted in the fourth round of the season 75 draft at pick 68. The Czechia born goaltender has been Regina's back up now since joining the Elk in season 74. Goalies notoriously take longer to develop, but I believe Roman is on the right track. Their strength in positioning shows great fundamental skills that some goalies lack at that age. Though I am sure New Orleans would like to see them get a little more comfortable in the net full time, Roman does their best with the starts they do get. I should also mention that as of right now, this is New Orleans only goalie prospect in the system.

Roman's rookie season sees them getting 35 starts and posting a 0.894 save percentage while going 11-17-1 in that time. Not great, but a rookie being thrown in that much can be tough mentally. S75 saw them play another 35 games and showed improvement for the young keeper. Posting 0.898 save percentage with 14-12-5 record. Not bad. Season 76 saw their games started dropped to 27. While not one likes to play less, they were able to make the best of of it by posting a 0.911 save percentage and a 17-7-0 record. Greatly improved, Roman looks ready for a starting chance with the Elk. If they are able to put up good numbers next season, I can see them getting the call up to New Orleans as their new back up, or even a 1A/1B situation.

Lyle Odelein IV

The legends son has made his way to his  Dad's old team, the great Lyle Odelein III is a legend in the New Orleans and one of the best defenseman in the leagues history. Young Lyle was drafted in the second round at pick 31 by the Seattle Argonauts. Though, his time was very short there as he was almost immediately traded to the Specters. Young Lyle has been playing with the Anchorage Armada for the last two seasons where he has not found a lot of success, team or individual wise. The big menacing winger has a complete game with his strength and quick hands able to do a little bit of everything. The Canadian born player seems to be following his father's footsteps, though as a forward and not a defenseman. One interesting thing about Lyle is that he was not drafted into the SMJHL, instead was signed as an undrafted player to the Armada.

Young Lyle was able to join he Armada before the season 76 SMJHL entry draft where he played 21 games with 7 points. While he did not show up as an offensive dynamo, his defensive play and his big bodies helped put the older players in their places. No one wants a giant teenager coming at them with such aggression. His rookie season saw Lyle put up 26 points from 15 assists. More impressively was his 117 hits and 46 blocks. The kid must have watched all of his dad's old tapes and learned a thing or two from them. It is my opinion that the kid needs a bit more time to grow into his body and find his stride before he becomes a well regarded SHLer. I think he improves next season where most others would slump. He just has that dog in him.

Savva Kirik

Savva Kirik was drafted 11th overall to the New Orleans Specters from the Kelowna Knights. The big Russian center plays one of the most complete games on the Knights. Everything he does just looks effortless. I do not think I have ever seen him out of breath on the bench or ice for that matter. The highly skilled center does not have any hardware, but to be fair Kelowna has been a bottom feeder now for a while. Finishing 12th in 75 and 14th in 76, Savva has an opportunity to drag the team up the standings and be their hero! Savva's ability to find the open ice, make good passes, and just reading the play is above average in the SMJHL, will that translate to the SHL? Maybe. Savva has work to do to better their game, but they also have the time to do so. They can easily play another two season down in the J without the pressure the big league brings.

Savva Kirik started their junior career with a 22 point season, with 15 assists as a defender. Yes, a defender. They started their career playing right defense before jumping forward to the offense. They also managed to block 93 shots! Season 76 showed him playing in the wing position. They were able to put up 58 points with 38 assists and 20 goals. Both are really good for a sophomore season. I would also like to point out that they led the Knights in points this season and were arguably the best player on the team. I did not even mention the fact they had 140 hits!  Overall, Savva Kirik is on the right track to be star player for the Specters, and they still have time to grow before the call up comes.

Scar Bealey

Our final prospect is Scar Bealey. What a cool name. Scar Bealey was drafted in the 3rd round of the season 76 entry draft. Bealey is an offensive threat showing promise to be a bonafide goal scorer. Bealey, currently with the St Louis Scarecrows in the SMJHL, has shown elite talent in the offensive zone, being able to control the play and be the leader of their line. Now, the defensive play is not quite there yet, but it is not too bad where they are not playing defense. Bealey has found some success in the World junior playing for Team USA White. In season 75 they won a bronze medal. Scar Bealey is one of those later round picks that look like they have high ceiling, but an even higher floor. They look ready to play in the SHL already, with maybe some work on the defensive side of things.

Taking a look at Scar Bealey's rookie season with the Scarecrows, they were able to put 29 points with 18 assists while also giving up the body and hitting when they were able to. Season 76 showed promise in his game as he put up 57pints with 34 assists. He was also able to get credited for 139 hits. The Scarecrows have been towards the bottom of the league for Scar's two seasons, maybe he can help them get back into their championship ways. His early scouting reports did not show a physical game, but his last couple seasons have really been physical. Just goes to show how much work Bealey puts in to become a better overall player.

What does all this mean for New Orleans? I believe it means the future is bright for the Specters. A lot of talented players in the prospect pool is always a good thing for your team. The team has been improving and with such bright prospect in the pipeline, it is only a matter of time before a dynasty is born.

[2165] [2x Team Spotlight]

[Image: Niktox.gif]
Specters Monarchs Berserkers Scarecrows [Image: italian-flag.jpg?s=612x612&w=0&k=20&c=tO...eKFgvtgqU=]

Specters Armada Scarecrows Czechia
Panthers Specters Jets Scarecrows Usa [Image: 4star.png] [Image: challengecup.png] [Image: challengecup.png]
RIP Dangel #AD26  |  RIP TDZ

_/_/_/

[Image: photostudio-1710898490476.jpg]

Fantastic article!

[Image: lqfXIpe.jpeg]
[Image: p82ugau.png]