Create Account

S76 USA White WJC Roster Announcement

[From the desk of Sky Rr. Hawk, USA Hockey. For immediate release.]

Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa Usa 

Hello again!

As always: My name is Sky, and I am pleased to be returning as the GM for Team USA White. This is my third run at the head of this team, and I am greatly looking forward to it. This season, I'm joined at the helm by @vandrewski, who has very quickly taken the leadership step, and I'm truly excited to have the opportunity to work alongside him and mentor him at the head of this team.

After last year's bronze medal success, we hope to improve on Team USA White's results and reach the finals. A number of players are once again returning to the team from last year's roster, and with many of them about to age up into the senior tournament, they're hungry for the gold! 

Players who will be graduating to the senior tournament after this year's competition concludes are indicated by stars beside their name. We thank them for their years of service to the World Junior Championship teams of the USA as well as Team North America and we wish them the absolute best in their senior international careers!

Returning Forwards
[Image: 439-4392693_red-white-and-blue-star-png-...2-star.png] Celeste Desjardins - Citadelles Rage - @skyrrhawk - Lewiston, Maine 
[Image: 439-4392693_red-white-and-blue-star-png-...2-star.png] Shadow Fenix - Raptors Argonauts - @ShadowFenix - Chicago, Illinois 
[Image: 439-4392693_red-white-and-blue-star-png-...2-star.png] Gordon-William Gibbles - Grizzlies Monarchs - @SpartanGibbles - Minneapolis, Minnesota 
[Image: 439-4392693_red-white-and-blue-star-png-...2-star.png] Ace Guilded - Timber Specters - @Arcalegion - Providence, Rhode Island 
Mary Hollywood - Elk Rage - @ihatereyson - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 
[Image: 439-4392693_red-white-and-blue-star-png-...2-star.png] Walter Melon - Kraken Dragons - @halanv3ntur3 - Newark, New Jersey 
[Image: 439-4392693_red-white-and-blue-star-png-...2-star.png] Poiklm - Grizzlies Monarchs - @Poiklm - Raleigh, North Carolina 
New Forwards
[Image: 439-4392693_red-white-and-blue-star-png-...2-star.png] Dwayne Swanson - Timber Blizzard - @RobJG2 - New Smyrna, Florida 
MattyJ - Berserkers Blizzard - @MattyJ - Tampa, Florida 
Carter Stankoven - Knights Steelhawks - @phoenix - Barre, Vermont 
Jefferson Steelflex - Armada - @Steelflex - St. Louis, Missouri 
Returning Defenders
[Image: 439-4392693_red-white-and-blue-star-png-...2-star.png] Bog Damsel - Citadelles Stars - @honey - Missouri 
Supah Dupah - Citadelles pride - @Le Thrill - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 
[Image: 439-4392693_red-white-and-blue-star-png-...2-star.png] Newton "Lizard" Campbell - Highlanders Argonauts - @Cambridge_ - Blackduck, Minnesota 
Furthermore, we are excited to welcome back a member of the S74 USA White roster:
[Image: 439-4392693_red-white-and-blue-star-png-...2-star.png] Napoleon Dinklage - Raptors - @christopolees - Death Valley, California 
New Defenders
Ongo Gablogian - Kraken Stampede - @Ragnar - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 
Joe Degen - Berserkers Patriotes - @JD3gen - New York 
Andy Lammers - Whalers Barracuda - @Alamm87 - Mukwonago, Wisconsin 
Goaltenders
Stan Free - Kraken - @Mr35 - Minnesota 
Grant Berd - Knights - @TheHockey_Pro - Boston, Massachusetts 

Swanson, MattyJ, Gablogian, Dinklage, and Free were rostered with USA Blue for the S75 World Junior Championship.

As with last year's tournament, USA White is announcing our captaincy and leadership group as a part of the roster announcement. These captains have been selected based on performance in the SMJHL season and previous World Junior Championship tournaments as well as demonstrated leadership in the locker room. 

With the departure of previous USA White captain Ryland Murphy, we are in need of a new player to wear the C. We thank Murphy for his two seasons of excellent leadership, during which he received the DeMaricus Smyth Award, nominations for the Brady McIntyre Award, and led the team to the bronze medal in the tournament in S75. We wish him the best in his senior career. 

After two seasons wearing an A for this team at the World Junior Championship, Celeste Desjardins will be wearing the C this season. While volatile in terms of scoring numbers, Desjardins has repeatedly proven themself to be a leader on and off the ice, and their contributions to this team and federation over the last two iterations of this tournament cannot be understated. 

Top-line center and Colorado Raptors standout Shadow Fenix will be wearing an A on his sweater for the duration of the tournament. Fenix is coming off a phenomenal 84 point season in the SMJHL and will be headed to play for the Seattle Argonauts of the SHL at the conclusion of his J career. We're extremely pleased to award this incredibly important member of our team with a responsibility that he has long deserved.

Our defensive representative to the captaincy this season will be Citadelles defensive star Supah Dupah. This Jack Cross nominated defenseman is a real locker room vibes guy, always good for a laugh or a pick me up for his teammates. The on-ice capabilities are just the icing on the cake with Dupah, who put up a phenomenal career high 48 points in the SMJHL season.

Vandrewski and I are thrilled to welcome you all to the roster, and we know you'll do great things! This team has the ability to go the distance in the tournament, and you have our full support behind you. Best of luck in the tournament, and do not hesitate to reach out with any questions or concerns.

Remember to come join our locker room in the IIHF Discord server. Reacting with the white heart will get you into the correct LR!

[Please let me know if any pings, teams, or spellings are incorrect!] 

[Image: Fm35hEW.png]
(This post was last modified: 05-11-2024, 09:49 PM by vandrewski.)

LET'S GO MERRRICAAAAA

LETS DO IT! Last Dance

LFG!!!

[Image: rm2.png?ex=661824aa&is=6605afaa&hm=6885c...6e2d79654&]