Create Account

S19 CW WEEK!!!!!!!

Quote:Originally posted by Billiam@Sep 1 2014, 04:21 PM
[b]Scramble

Sent

Writing

I'm a fan of no captains and all alterantes. I believe a team should work not under the leadership of one person but under the leadership and success of a team. Nelson Mandela once said, "It is better to lead from behind and to put others in front, especially when you celebrate victory when nice things occur. You take the front line when there is danger. Then people will appreciate your leadership". This applies to the captaincy. Players should look up to the success of the team first rather than a single individual. For example, take Hitler. He successfully united an entire nation not by displaying himself as a god but rather unificating under common goals. The leaders of the SHL should aspire to achieve the charisma of Hitler. An article on Hitler's leadership style quotes, "According to his former housemate Kubizek, one day Hitler wanted to write an opera and the next, with equal vigour, he would decide to renew the sewage system in Vienna". In SHL terms, players should lead through activity and an inviting atmosphere. Players should be joyful to partake in the Locker Room of a team and the captains should all be their own team's Hitlers. I quote ThatDamnWalrus saying "You know, maybe Hitler wasn't such a bad guy". However, yes he was. Leaders should not aspire to be Hitler in exact, but rather (for the sake of the world) to replicate his charisma. To do everything with a love and passion for the game. Killing millions is not okay, let me repeat, it is not okay. So, what have we learned today? One, Hitler was a great Leader. Two, teams' locker rooms should replicate the feel of Nazi Germany. Three, I'm probably some sort of Neo-Nazi.
Four, I don't know what I'm talking about at all.

Graphics - line up

[Image: xYMPdVi.jpg]

All i got[/b]

What just happened here?.....

Your mental health is just as important as your physical health. Please take care of it. Here are some helpful links just in case.

Algonquin College Student Support Services - 613-727-4723
Crisis Text Line - Text 'HOME' to 741741
Distress Centre Ottawa and Region - 613-288-3311
Good2Talk - 1-866-925-5454
Kid's Help Phone - 1-800-668-6868
Mental Health Hotline Ontario - 1-866-531-2600
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline - 1-800-273-8255

Click here for a list of crisis centres within Canada
Suicide Prevention Resource Centre
Suicide Awareness Voices of Education

If you have the contact info to your local mental help centres, let me know!

--------------------
[Image: 34987_s.gif]
Player Page | Updates

[Image: 8y3FJne.jpg][Image: kA0CbGn.png][Image: aGT9Qsn.png]

1 : submitted

Lets travel back to the beginning of the season. If the current captains of the Winnipeg Jets (Victor Helstrom) OR the Hamilton Steelhawks (I believe Joe McNeil) did not earn the captaincy role, who would have and why?

300 words= 4 uncapped

It is hard to imagine Hamilton without having Joe as their captain but Hamilton is a team stock full of leadership and even if Joe was not on the team there would be no issue finding someone capable of filling his large shoes.
In my mind the best person to replace Joe would have to be Roman Schultz. Roman’s career is soon coming to an end and has devoted himself to this franchise spending his entire career with the team that drafted him back in S10. Schultz is one of the most respected players around the league and is loved by all. He never steps on toes and is consistently a voice of reason regularly voicing a strong and logical opinion on league issues. Schultz also worked very close with management over his years in Hamilton being a key piece in Hamilton’s decision making board serving as an incredible ambassador for Hamilton.
Schultz also would have Joe’s blessing as one of Joe’s earliest draft choices to build his highly successful Hamilton franchise and really was destined to wear the C in Hamilton. Obviously being on great terms with the legendary leader of Hamilton would be crucial for taking over the captaincy role.
Schultz while having the personality and off ice temperament to be captain has also proven it on the ice. Schultz has been on Hamilton’s top pairing for many years logging important minutes, while being willing to move up and down the line up to get the best pairings possible so the team can have success. He also regularly would give his opinion on pairings with the coaching staff being the real leader on the back end. Acting as this leader for the defensemen and the branch between coaching staff and the d-core also naturally puts Schultz in the position to be captain of Hamilton as he already has the respect of the coaching staff.
Words: 316

I want you to review and look over Hamilton's or Winnipeg's teams offenses, defenses goaltending and tell me why either the Hawks or Jets deserve to win (and being conference champs is NOT a reason as both teams were champions of there own conferences)

300 word= 4 uncapped TPE

In my eyes it is no question that Hamilton deserves to win the cup.
Going through their lineup they have an amazing collection of old school talent. This team is perfectly well rounded and has the experience to deal with all the stresses of a cup final.
Offense:
This team has so much top six offensive fire power from legendary players, it would not be a surprise to see four or five forwards from this team end up in the hall of fame.
Joe McKeil: The veteran captain is the heart and soul of Hamilton and is a perfect player all over the ice being a physical, defensive, and offensive powerhouse.
David Winter: While Winter may have had a slower year compared to his illustrious career Winter is an elite sniper who knows what it takes to win after being in the league for 14+ years.
Ivo Williems: This Man Is A Machine. Ivo is one of the best pure goal scorers the SHL has seen and is a guaranteed hall of famer and a class act.
James Blaine: Quiet man around the SHL but is another amazing veteran whose value goes beyond his production.
Magnus Jakobsen: The youngest of the top guns for Hamilton brings the drive to win that only a younger player can have mixed with a few years of experience in the SHL.
Defense:
Roman Schultz: The vocal leader on the backend and career Steelhawk knows how to get the job done.
Brandon Cant: Another pillar on the stacked Hamilton blueline there is simply nothing he can’t do. Yes I’m making that pun again.
Jareth Sto Helit: Always an underrated defender since draft day where Jareth slipped far down a stacked defensive draft has proven to be an elite talent.
Goalie:
Edwin Ask: Ask is a beast of a goalie and has been for many years, while sometimes Ask takes the blame for Hamilton’s playoff failures he is still a strong goalie despite his age and is looking to prove he still has it.
Words: 338

TASK 5 WRITING- MVP

It's obvious that both of these teams have good players on them. As always though, some players preform better then others. Write about who you think is Hamilton's AND Winnipeg's best individual throughout the entire playoffs (can be player or goalie)

400 words= 5 uncapped TPE
While there are plenty of worthy MVP’s on Winnipeg’s team from the amazing goal scoring performance from Mr.Feeny (his 10 goals were most in the playoffs), Vidrik Onoprienko who put up great numbers through the playoffs and scored the series winning goal, or on Hamilton’s side with the playoff point leader captain Joe McKeil. But despite these worthy options the clear MVP of the playoffs is Winnipeg’s beast of a goalie Lauris Prikulis!

Lauris Prikulis was the best goalie in the playoffs in almost both key goal tending category Goals Against Averages and Save Percentage while playing the most minutes of all goalies and facing the most shots in the playoffs. This level of consistency even in loses is why he is the MVP. Winnipeg needed Prikulis to stand on his head and be the best goalie in the league because Winnipeg’s defense was simply not as strong as Hamilton’s beastly blue line.
This leads into the final where Prikulis outplayed the veteran Ask brutally in the final. While Ask may have led all goalies in shutouts he only had a .900 SV% and was not there every night for Hamilton while Prikulis was a wall between the pipes night in and night out. Both offense and defense firing on all cylinder for Hamilton Prikulis was the man who turned the series on its head despite getting massively out shot in some of the games.
Game by Game Prikulis Showed His Metal.
Game One (Winnipeg Win): Prikulis is named 1st Star after a beautiful game stopping 25 out of 26 shots.
Game Two (Hamilton Win): Prikulis managed to keep the game close (losing 3-2) despite Winnipeg going 0/5 on the powerplay.
Game Three (Winnipeg Win): Prikulis shows up big as in game one with a huge .947 SV% including a massive save last second to win them the game.
Game Four (Hamilton Win): Prikulis does everything in his power to win Winnipeg the game keeping the game within one with a .920SV% stopping eleven more shots than Ask.
Game Five (Winnipeg Win): Prikulis goes beast mode. Facing 50 shots he holds down the fort massively out playing Ask and completely steals this game away from Hamilton.
Game Six (Winnipeg Win): Prikulis did not need to stand on his head in game six as Winnipeg rewards his stellar play in game 5 with a much easier night but Prikulis still rocks a .955SV% as Winnipeg goes on to win the Challenge Cup!
Words: 411

[Image: livius.gif]

moved.

Task #1: PMed

Task #2:

Hamilton is a fantastic team, with fantastic players. There are so many choices for this, and I think I would go with David Winter. Winter is a fantastic player on and off ice. On the ice he is a solid right winger who can put up points as well as play solid defence. Off he is a very interesting guy. I haven’t talked to him personally, but I’ve seen him around and he speaks his mind. This is a skill every captain needs whether it be sticking up for his teammates, or suggesting changes. He knows what a team needs in a captain, and he can deliver. He is one of the sole reasons Hamilton has been able to pull it’s way into the finals, and he’s shown that he can become a clutch performer. He’s help McKeil is already the team captain, and I feel like he deserves it more than anyone. He’s been strong, helped his team fight to the finals. He’s put up solid points and has shown he can play defense as well as offense. I feel like Winter emulates this in a way.

On the contrary, the Jets too have great players, and they selected Victor Helstrom. This is an honorable choice, but I personally believe that Alexey Kovalenko deserves it more than anyone. I’ve spoken to him off the ice, and he is a charismatic, kind, and strom willed guy. He’s shown class and dedication to himself and the team around him. On the ice he’s put up solid points, and helped his team out in clutch situations. These are few of the many leader like traits he posses. I feel like he could be one of the difference makers in this series, and he is usually very hot during the playoffs. He is the one who should lead the Jets to their glorious victory.

Both Winter and Kovalenko have shown that they are capable of leading their respective teams to the Cup!

Task #3: [Image: BhLa6VQ.jpg]

Task #4: Both of these teams have shown superb playing abilities. Both teams have fought hard to get to the finals, and now it’s time to decide a final victor. Hamilton and Winnipeg are both very strong teams, but I feel like it’ll be a defensive series. A battle of the goaltenders. Personally, I think Hamilton looks stronger on paper. But on the ice, it’s could be a whole different story. Both line ups have a lot of good parts. Some more lacking than others. I feel like Hamilton has the better defensive core. They’ve been playing solidly throughout the playoffs, and they’ve been helping elite goalie Edwin Ask protect the net. So far, their playoff run has been a massive success.

Winnipeg on the other hand has the better offense with Bullis, Kovalenkov, and Both leading the charge. The whole team has been very successful this season, and while they’ve had some struggles they’ve managed to pull themselves into the finals. I feel like the Winnipeg offensive is not good enough for the Hamilton defense, but the Winnipeg defense isn’t too shabby it’s self. Pirkulis has been solid for Winnipeg and he’s shown some great stuff in the playoffs. I feel like he is not as solid both physically and mentally compared to Edwin Ask, but he might turn that around. Overall Winnipeg's offense might step up and sweep the Seahawks like they’re nothing.

I personally believe Hamilton will be able to win the series through a defensive game, and with Ask protecting the net they have a great shot to accomplish this. But, a lot of the time in hockey things can be totally different from what you expected. The Winnipeg team might come out full force and show the Hawks that they are not to be messed with. If Winnipegs offense can start showing up more often, I can see them pulling away with this. Neither team will go out without a fight, and whichever team shows that they want it more, will get it.

Task #5 Working on it now

[Image: SigStorm.png]
[Image: QHLWtic.png?1]
san francisco group of cats - mikael koskinen
quebec city citadelz  - mikael koskinen

Task 1 PMed