Create Account

PT #4: FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!

The one fight that sticks out in Big Manius's mind occurred his second year in the league. The game was against the Calgary Dragons a rival of the Jets get occurred against one Steven Jalopski. The game started out as uneventful as any game between the Jets and Dragons can be.
Then Onoprienko took a spear from Anrikannen which was overlooked by the officials and things started to get chippy. In once Elyk took a shot in the corner from Alex Mack. Manius knew he was going to have to get involved soon. At the next face off Manius made eye contact with Jalopski he knew they were going to dance. As soon as the puck hit ice the two started to skate toward each other the second year defenseman and of veteran with a look anger in their eyes and locked up in front of the Dragons net. The two traded blows for a considerable amount of time until Manius caught an edge in a divot created by Wong the Dragons goal tender and lost his balance. This allowed Jalopski to fall on the big man and get the advantage. The referees quickly intervene but this still did not save Manius pride. Shortly thereafter Jalopski was bared from the league leaving a bitter taste in Manius mouth for never getting revenge.

[Image: bonk.gif]
Sigs by @FlappyGiraffe,  @Steelhead77,  @ToeDragon84, @slothfacekilla, @Wasty and other dude I need to find your name

Lil' Manius

Big Manius

Kristofer Hallfredsson doesn’t fight very often. In fact, he hasn’t recorded a fight yet in the SMJHL. But I can tell you, if he once fights, there could be a high possibility that Kris would fight Brynar Tusk. Why?
Both come from Nordic countries. They already have this competitive spirit. Both are defensive defenders. It’s just natural that they want to prove, who actually is the better defender. Brynar currently has more hits and blocked shots, but Kris is more successful offensively. They both got drafted to Eastern conference teams - Buffalo Stampede and West Kendall Platoon- conference rivals.
It’s now known that they are competing for “who is going to be the best pure defender out of this draft class” spot.
But, while both of these guys haven’t had a fight yet this season, we can’t predict whether this fight will happen in the regular season, or in the playoffs. Both Militia and Whalers are strong contenders to be in the SMJHL finals this season, and we possibly could see a great clash between these two, and when the stakes are so high, you suddenly can forget that you are not supposed to be the one punching your opponents. Hallfredsson vs Tusk could only be a great icing on a cake in great series between their teams.

I don't remember the first time I fought. Perhaps it was in grade school when I stood up for myself against one of my many bullies. Maybe it was earlier than that. Who knows. All I know now is that I have to be a fighter. For myself and for my team. It's my first year in the SHL and it is a tough one for rookies. Some players make their mark on the league and for their team by scoring goals, making great plays, having great defense. It seems like my way of making a mark on my team is by standing up for my teammates and fighting the good fight. I didn't fight too much in juniors. Maybe one or two my entire career down. But this season I have fought a total of 5 times, good for second in the league.

The most recent fight was against the Manhattan Rage. It is nearly halfway through the 2nd period. We are up 1-0 against the Rage but they are coming at us with all they got. In order to help hype up the team and stir things up Maximus Sarone started having some words with me. We were in the middle of handling the puck in the neutral zone but I had accepted my role as the fighter on the team and by fighters code I decided to drop the gloves with Sarone. It Felt as all fights do, short. Both of us got our licks in and after a bit held onto each other in exhaustion. The refs stepped in and separated us. A draw. We patted each other on the back and said good fight. His job worked as the Rage came back to win the game 2-1.

[Image: ZLoVQGU.png]
[Image: M02LOrx.png]

- Profile Page - Update Page -

Code:
Word Count: 279

Despite being 6'9" and 290lbs, Ace Redding is not a player that often throws down his gloves. In fact, with footage of last season's SMJHL season currently lost to the wind, there exists no evidence of Redding every fighting anyone. If Redding were to fight in the future though, it would most certainly be a mismatch. Given his hulking size, the only players who look to stand a chance against Redding are those who have made a career out of fighting. One such player is Ieuan Llewellyn.

A teammate of Redding's on the Vancouver Whalers, Llewelyn was drafted by the Hamilton Steelhawks. While Redding and Llewellyn are friends, there is every possibility the two drop the gloves in the future. Redding is Scottish and Llewellyn is Welsh, and anyone who has watched The Simpsons knows that the Scots are enemies of all. Llewellyn's game revolves around irritating the opposing team, and with Redding being such a physical player on the boards, it seems likely that the two square off at some point in their SHL careers. Llewellyn is by far the more experienced fighter, but stands at only 5'10" and 190lbs. Redding's size advantage is sure to be the difference maker, though Llewellyn will no doubt fancy his chances anyway.

Given that the two are on good terms, it would likely take a playoff game in a tight series to pit the two against each other. If Llewellyn is on the ice when Redding lays a huge hit on someone in a close game, you can be certain he will not hesitate to get in the Scotsman's face. Whether that would be a good idea remains to be seen.