Create Account

Seattle Riot updating issue

Hello SHL--

As the head updater I wanted to address the Seattle Riot issue personally with the league at large.

By now you have probably heard, but it was recently brought to my attention that Seattle has played the season with players on the roster who haven't been properly regressed. Allen was the first to let me know--apparently he and belgarat noticed the first mistake, and then they went through it together and Allen PM'd me once he had confirmed it.

JayWhy and I went through the players together last night. 3 of the 9 players, Creller, Colt and Ratzon, were traded off of the team and had been regressed properly after they were moved to their new teams.

Here are the players who had been missed and are now corrected:

S21 Cameron Urbowicz - 1032 TPE (-103 TPE) - DONE
S21 Sean Leonidas - 1596 TPE (-160 TPE) - DONE
S20 Mikko Koskinen - 1499 TPE (-150 TPE) - DONE
S20 Phil Osgoode - 659 TPE (-66 TPE) - DONE
S18 Jhonas Skarsgaard - 1153 TPE (-115 TPE) - DONE
S16 Peter Parker - 329 TPE (-49 TPE) - DONE

JayWhy and I also went back into the updater-to-simmer threads for Seattle and found the post at issue (October 5th):

http://theshl.b1.jcink.com/index.php?sho...&p=2037062

Since it was a large update, JayWhy and I both missed that the update hadn't been fully completed, and we did not hear anything from the GMs or the players themselves noticing an issue--I take full culpability for not catching that the update was partial. The SEA GMs posted their regression as they were supposed to, and the players themselves should've been a backstop and helped to catch it, but the 6 players involved themselves have since gone inactive and so didn't report anything out of the ordinary.

Leafs and I spoke over PM yesterday. When the mistake came to light and I confirmed that it happened on my watch, I fired the updater responsible for the partial update, and offered to resign myself if necessary. I PM'd the GMs who would mainly be affected by the mistake, in Calgary facing them in a close playoff race and in LA, in the fifth playoff seed--I was mistaken and thought the Seattle GMs had already been contacted. To <a href='index.php?showuser=11' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-13'>Abdeezy</a> and <a href='index.php?showuser=560' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-13'>701 aka YUNG GUAP GOD</a> --I stand behind you as a GM tandem, as you should not have had any reason to suspect that the updates were processed incorrectly. I should've double-checked just to make sure that you had already been contacted as we were proceeding last night, and I'm sorry that it looks like I wasn't able to reach you before the league got to you.

I'm very angry and disappointed that this has happened on my watch, and to the league at large, I am sorry. Though it was a single mistake, it should never have snowballed to this proportion--and while I wish there was a way to go back in time and fix it, the only thing I can offer is that we will all be more careful in future.

One hope I have of being able to catch incidents like this in future is a brand-new check-in system we implemented this season. I'm hopeful that it will help to create a stricter routine--though it's a 'hobby site,' people love it here and take it seriously, and it's important that we as updaters are responsible in how we approach and deliver our updates to the simmer.

If you have any questions for me, please feel free to address them with me via PM; my inbox is always open. In the short term, I've done everything I can do to talk with my updaters and make it clear that we all need to have better communication as a team, myself included. Hopefully one bright spot to this is that we can all be a little bit more vigilant about that communication going both ways--if you see something that looks off to you, please, please say something.

Thank you,

~akamai

obviously extremely disappointed in the fact that we missed playoffs by 1 point because of a team's regression not being done, but 701 and Abdeezy aren't at fault for this. Everyone does the best that they can on this site, at the end of the day it's something we all try to enjoy.

The updaters do a really good job doing a shitty job (sorry, no offense but I wouldn't be able to do it) and it goes a long ways in keeping this site active and fun for the rest of us, so thank you.

[Image: g7VtVXX.png?1]

[Image: Z8YSDad.gif]

[Image: crutchfield.gif]

[Image: 104004840-1ED1-REQ-Youdbeinjail-100916.3...1476065674]

[Image: VkRiFym.png]

[Image: dankoa2004.gif]

Quote:Originally posted by akamai@Nov 10 2016, 10:41 PM
Hello SHL--

As the head updater I wanted to address the Seattle Riot issue personally with the league at large.

By now you have probably heard, but it was recently brought to my attention that Seattle has played the season with players on the roster who haven't been properly regressed. Allen was the first to let me know--apparently he and belgarat noticed the first mistake, and then they went through it together and Allen PM'd me once he had confirmed it.

JayWhy and I went through the players together last night. 3 of the 9 players, Creller, Colt and Ratzon, were traded off of the team and had been regressed properly after they were moved to their new teams.

Here are the players who had been missed and are now corrected:

S21 Cameron Urbowicz - 1032 TPE (-103 TPE) - DONE
S21 Sean Leonidas - 1596 TPE (-160 TPE) - DONE
S20 Mikko Koskinen - 1499 TPE (-150 TPE) - DONE
S20 Phil Osgoode - 659 TPE (-66 TPE) - DONE
S18 Jhonas Skarsgaard - 1153 TPE (-115 TPE) - DONE
S16 Peter Parker - 329 TPE (-49 TPE) - DONE

JayWhy and I also went back into the updater-to-simmer threads for Seattle and found the post at issue (October 5th):

http://theshl.b1.jcink.com/index.php?sho...&p=2037062

Since it was a large update, JayWhy and I both missed that the update hadn't been fully completed, and we did not hear anything from the GMs or the players themselves noticing an issue--I take full culpability for not catching that the update was partial. The SEA GMs posted their regression as they were supposed to, and the players themselves should've been a backstop and helped to catch it, but the 6 players involved themselves have since gone inactive and so didn't report anything out of the ordinary.

Leafs and I spoke over PM yesterday. When the mistake came to light and I confirmed that it happened on my watch, I fired the updater responsible for the partial update, and offered to resign myself if necessary. I PM'd the GMs who would mainly be affected by the mistake, in Calgary facing them in a close playoff race and in LA, in the fifth playoff seed--I was mistaken and thought the Seattle GMs had already been contacted. To <a href='index.php?showuser=11' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-13'>Abdeezy</a> and <a href='index.php?showuser=560' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-13'>701 aka YUNG GUAP GOD</a> --I stand behind you as a GM tandem, as you should not have had any reason to suspect that the updates were processed incorrectly. I should've double-checked just to make sure that you had already been contacted as we were proceeding last night, and I'm sorry that it looks like I wasn't able to reach you before the league got to you.

I'm very angry and disappointed that this has happened on my watch, and to the league at large, I am sorry. Though it was a single mistake, it should never have snowballed to this proportion--and while I wish there was a way to go back in time and fix it, the only thing I can offer is that we will all be more careful in future.

One hope I have of being able to catch incidents like this in future is a brand-new check-in system we implemented this season. I'm hopeful that it will help to create a stricter routine--though it's a 'hobby site,' people love it here and take it seriously, and it's important that we as updaters are responsible in how we approach and deliver our updates to the simmer.

If you have any questions for me, please feel free to address them with me via PM; my inbox is always open. In the short term, I've done everything I can do to talk with my updaters and make it clear that we all need to have better communication as a team, myself included. Hopefully one bright spot to this is that we can all be a little bit more vigilant about that communication going both ways--if you see something that looks off to you, please, please say something.

Thank you,

~akamai
Everyone makes mistakes. Sucks that it happened, but there is literally nothing that can be done to change this.

Unless I´m failing to understand something, GM´s of Seattle should take some heat and blame for this as well. If all the players are inactive, then the GM´s should go through the inactive players and their update pages and make sure everything is ok.

If I now go to see for example Koskinen or Leonidas update page, there is clearly a regression update post from September, even if both of the Gm´s come in middle of the season, they should go over and see everything is done correctly? I refuse to believe 701 or Abdeezy never went to see Koskinen, Leonidas or rest of the players and their update pages during the regular season to see if the regression is done or not or if they are updating in general or not.

Of course its impossible to do anything now, if this would have been noticed during the regular season, something could have been done. I´m hoping to see some kind of penalty for the Seattle team, start from -10 points for next year or something. They clearly got some kind of advantage from 600 or so extra tpe on their players.

Over 700 tpe was over sighted. .......

[Image: c3936a1e67537ed2c9716b30ba8432ee.png]

BUBBA -- Roster===Updates

Bojo Machine
League of Accomplished Players
Player builder

I just don't understand why it took a full season to realize what was going on. Isn't there an auditor already in place to handle this?

Also, shouldn't the simmer have realized if someone is updating a stat to, let's say, 74 if it was 77 the previous season and regressed to 73? It just seems like a tremendous oversight.

[Image: OaSEcaw]

Quote:Originally posted by GCool@Nov 13 2016, 08:28 PM
I just don't understand why it took a full season to realize what was going on. Isn't there an auditor already in place to handle this?

Also, shouldn't the simmer have realized if someone is updating a stat to, let's say, 74 if it was 77 the previous season and regressed to 73? It just seems like a tremendous oversight.
We caught those ones easily. We didn't catch the inactives who didn't update again and thus I wouldn't see someone updating something like that. This was only inactives who this applied to.

An old man's dream ended. A young man's vision of the future opened wide. Young men have visions, old men have dreams. But the place for old men to dream is beside the fire.
[Image: DOF5tXM.png]
[Image: tjyuut.jpg] 
Thanks to Jackson, Copenhagen, and Harry Hans!

GOING DOWN IN STYLE. TOAST4LYFE

Quote:Originally posted by JayWhy@Nov 13 2016, 10:12 PM

We caught those ones easily. We didn't catch the inactives who didn't update again and thus I wouldn't see someone updating something like that. This was only inactives who this applied to.
Urbowicz isn't inactive, in fact he continuously updated and applied TPE as if his player weren't in regression

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

Quote:Originally posted by JayWhy@Nov 13 2016, 08:12 PM

Alright, that makes slightly more sense than I originally figured

[Image: OaSEcaw]

Quote:Originally posted by WannabeFinn@Nov 14 2016, 03:22 AM

Urbowicz isn't inactive, in fact he continuously updated and applied TPE as if his player weren't in regression
If continuously means one time than yeah. But I agree his one was weird but apparently he was like "inactive" or very semi-active until now.

Actually after looking through the whole S31 SHL Pre-Season Index I found this:
[Image: 5qenaa27.jpg]
[Image: knnnrdih.jpg]

[Image: KSelich.gif]
Thank you all for the amazing sigs & player cards
Germany Citadelles  Stampede [Image: vhY18i8.png][Image: Raptors.png][Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: eE2UQZC.png] Stampede Citadelles Germany

3. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 5 (Maximilian Wachter, Alexis Metzler) at 16:25
5. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 6 (Steven Stamkos Jr., Brynjar Tusk) at 19:48
8. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 7 (Brynjar Tusk, Alexis Metzler) at 13:55
9. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 8 (Anton Fedorov, Mikelis Grundmanis) at 15:12
10. Buffalo Stampede , Eduard Selich 9 (Dickie Pecker) at 19:43 (Empty Net)

Still Riot > Wolfpack #DownWithTheWolfpack

woiw abdeezy being slimey again

Quote:Originally posted by Jesus The Mexican Way@Nov 15 2016, 02:43 AM
woiw abdeezy being slimey again

whatever it takes to win Usa

[Image: Piastri2.png?ex=65ba64d4&is=65a7efd4&hm=...462889f09&]
[Image: or8VMxO.gif]