Create Account

Rasmussen hosts his first official press conferenc

Outside a prospect event, Toronto, Canada

Photographers and journalists waited with baited breath as the coordinator of the Toronto SHL Prospects Series stepped onto the podium. He was a stocky man, short and heavyset, with horn rimmed glasses perched on his bulbous nose. He spoke loudly, so loudly a microphone wasn't even needed for the large, albeit quiet, packed hall to hear him. "With us today, we have one of the shining gems of this upcoming SMJHL draft, with three goals and four assists in three games, Swedish centerman, Joonas Rasmussen!"

The conference hall lit up with camera flashes and raised hands as the young center stepped up to the table, waving at the reporters and taking a seat.

Rasmussen was a very well built man, standing just around six foot. His bright pale complexion was complimented by his striking stormy grey eyes, which darted around the reporters with a flick of boyish excitement. A bright white smile now lit up his face as he spoke, all settled in now.

"Well, we may as well get this started. You, in the back?"

A tall, gaunt balding man stood up from his blue cushioned seat, clearing his throat and speaking.

"Hi there, Joonas. Denis Rogers here from betweenthepipes.ca. With so many mock drafts ranking you very high up, what are your thoughts coming into the SMJHL draft day?

"I mean.... Im honored to see all the faith, but I will say first and foremost that I've made my opinions on the smjhl public, and have yet to hear from very many of the gms in the league. So all things considered, I have no idea or any form of indication as to where I may wind up. I know where I'd like to play, but we'll see. Yes, in the red?"

A woman this time, with a very sharp face and clipboard.

"Mr. Rasmussen, what do you think of the new commissioner of the league!?" Her voice was almost manic, high pitched and high strung.

"Hmm.... I dunno, We've had some differences in the past but I think he's taking steps in the right direction to ensure the league moves at a good, fair pace. Again, we're just going to have to see by the time the midseason rolls around. Who's next?"

"Mr. Rasmussen will now accept questions from the general public, through the forums or our phone lines."

Quote:Originally posted by Legend+Dec 3 2016, 10:59 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1' id='QUOTE-WRAP'><tr><td>QUOTE (Legend @ Dec 3 2016, 10:59 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Interview&nbsp; Are you hoping to go to a certain team in the draft?

Interview&nbsp; Any other draftee's catch your attention?

Interview&nbsp; What kind of impact do you see yourself making next season?[/b]

Yeah, I think a lot of the guys who are coming into the draft this year are very unique and talented players. that Lochlann O'Rourke kid is a hard worker on and off the ice, and I can respect that. A lot of Finnish guys here too, Otto Lahti, Velinaa.... shit I don't remember his name, too many crazy letters! Point is, I'm very excited.

I'm planning to work a lot on the defensive aspect of my game this next season, so hopefully I'll be a consistent passer and defensive center by the time all is said and done in my first season.

Quote:Originally posted by sarmo@Dec 3 2016, 11:54 PM<br />Which part of your game will be the primary focus going into training camp? Interview

What qualities will you bring to the team on and off the ice?

Let's say you hit you 400 TPE mark today... what would your player build look like? Explain pls. Interview

I'm definitely again, going to be working on my two way ability. Everybody loves to score, but I think my passing and my awareness on offense is something I'm going to be focusing a lot on before the start of the season.

I mean most people who are around know what they're getting with me; I'm pretty active in the locker room, and although I usually come off as pretty brash and abrasive, you're definitely getting someone who will be loyal through and through.

I don't really have enough time on my break to flesh out a whole 400 TPE build, but I'd definitely have a majority of that TPE into Passing and Defense, with puck handling and faceoffs also being dominant traits.

<!--QuoteBegin-WannabeFinn@Dec 4 2016, 10:32 AM
Interview why does your player build only have one strength?

Interview since you're a two-way build, are you looking to stick as a middle-6 center option? Or are you aiming to become a first line player?

Interview why are the Falcons the greatest?
[/quote]

Yeah I didn't mean to be the one strength warrior Smile) That has been fixed.

I don't really mind playing middle 6 for the majority of my early career, but I'd definitely like to think that I can make first line minutes eventually. Put me on a line with high scoring wingers and I think there's a lot to be said about the potential there.

Falcons are a great franchise, I'd love to play there after the Deplorables thing. Great schtick.

Interview Are you hoping to go to a certain team in the draft?

Interview Any other draftee's catch your attention?

Interview What kind of impact do you see yourself making next season?

@Carpy48, @sulovilen, and @Ragnar are signature gods
[Image: MaverickLegend.gif]

[Image: U66t7Jy.png] [Image: zyyvIFD.png]
Dragonite

Which part of your game will be the primary focus going into training camp? Interview

What qualities will you bring to the team on and off the ice?

Let's say you hit you 400 TPE mark today... what would your player build look like? Explain pls. Interview

Doubt is a dream killer

Bump, gonna be answering these on my break

Interview why does your player build only have one strength?

Interview since you're a two-way build, are you looking to stick as a middle-6 center option? Or are you aiming to become a first line player?

Interview why are the Falcons the greatest?

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

All questions so far have been answered!

Quote:Originally posted by wikiplaysgames@Dec 4 2016, 02:51 PM
All questions so far have been answered!

:lol: too many letters..

@Carpy48, @sulovilen, and @Ragnar are signature gods
[Image: MaverickLegend.gif]

[Image: U66t7Jy.png] [Image: zyyvIFD.png]
Dragonite

Interview You're a two-way center, so you handle both offense and defense. If you had to pick one or the other to focus on, which would you pick?

Interview Will we be seeing you on Twitter at all in the upcoming season?

Interview Describe your perfect, ideal pizza. What toppings are on it? What sauce? Thin crust, thick crust, or some special style like deep dish?