Create Account

Rasmussen thriving in STL

At the 11 game mark of the season, rookie and 14th pick Joonas Rasmussen has exploded onto the scene in grandeur, recently coming off a four point performance. Rasmussen is one of four rookies with 6 points, all of whom are tied for third behind Vancouver's Tommy Salami and Halifax Raider Lochlann O'Rourke. However, it should be noted that Rasmussen has one game less than the others at the top of the board.
Many thought Rasmussen would be a high pick, many professionally crafted mock drafts having him go in to top 5 or top 10. Therefore it was quite a big surprise to see him fall out of the top 3, the top 5, and then the top 10. That was the point when, with pick number 14, the Saint Louis Scarecrows called his name. When asked about the pick, the GM pair seemed more than eccstatic about picking the young Swedish stud. "Yeah I mean, we were hard pressed to believe he would fall to a point where we could draft him because of our position in the draft, but it did seem like a lot of GMs overlooked him, and we're more than happy to have acquired him."
This sudden streak or points has come as a surprise to the Swede as well, and when asked about it he gave a heartful laugh. "Yeah I mean, I've been working a lot more on the defensive aspects of my game, but I guess I've just been where I have to be, making the right passes and getting the puck in the back of the net. This is a good start for sure."