Create Account

Wolfgang Reunited

Code:
804 words - 550k

Way back in S23 four rookies who mostly played on different teams formed a friendship that extended beyond the SHL. Randy Randleman, Patrick Brumm, Kyle Prince, and Brandon Girard mostly played for different teams. Randleman was a Kelowna Knight, Brandon Girard was a Detroit Falcon, and Patrick Brumm and Kyle Prince were on the Regina Force. One day Brandon Girard wrote a fun article about a big party at his house where we all did stupid shit and had a good time. It really wasn't much of anything initially, but after reading it some of us started talking and ended up deciding to make these articles a regular occurrence. Technically Kyle Prince wasn't one of the writers or a Wolfgang member, but if were being honest with ourselves he was always an honorary one. Originally the fourth member was a man who has been long forgotten and is now simply referred to as "D.". The adventures of the Wolfgang came out throughout S23 and S24 and were a great way for us to bring each other into our writing and have some fun around the site.

As time passed on life started to get in the way of things on the SHL for the Wolfgang.
Brandon Girard joined the military and soon went inactive. He has since come back and Brandon Girard has been retired in favor of a new player, Shane Gagner. Of course if anyone wasn't aware I am referring to my good friend <a href='index.php?showuser=1622' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-10'>Copenhagen</a>. Since coming back he has turned Shane Gagner into a beast and has himself held both a Co-GM, and Head GM positions on the Montreal Militia. Now soon to be a father he has to take a step back from GMing but will still be around, so we don't need to worry about Cope leaving like he did back when he had Girard.
Kyle Prince dropped off the face of the earth and was unsure about how he would be received upon returning to the site. When he did resurface he was welcomed with excitement and open arms, He has since created Thad Prince and looks like he is going to be the future stud that everyone wanted Kyle Prince to become. Obviously the user I am referring to is <a href='index.php?showuser=1574' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>princekyle</a> and damn it is good to have this guy back. If you haven't shared a locker room with him then you are missing out on one of the best guys around the site.
Patrick Brumm (<a href='index.php?showuser=1627' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-13'>probablydrunk</a>) and Randy Randleman (myself) managed to stick around and both have held various positions around the league while creating successful SHL players. Patrick Brumm is now Co-GM of the Seattle Riot after bouncing around a few teams and while being a very polarizing figure at times is generally well liked and respected around the site. I have gone from SMJHL Media Grader, to PGS director, to CO-GM, to GM, to commissioner, all jobs within the SMJHL while doing my best to make Randy Randleman a beast. The last member of the Wolfgang, "D." is safe to write off as gone forever from the SHL. He has gone to extreme ends to have his likeness wiped, but I won't get into details.

Some of us started out bright but had to leave for unexpected reasons and others have managed to stick around and stay engaged in the league the entire time, but what’s important is that we are all back together now. The four of us stay in touch with a group chat off site and while I wouldn't call it lit it is safe to say that we keep up to date and touch base every once and a while. Last Wednesday on the 22nd of February we finally decided to start something that we had talked about for a long time but had never made work, we decided to do a podcast. Unfortunately Cope couldn't make it, so it was just Prince, Brumm, and I, but we had a great time and eventually we managed to talk about the SHL instead of just bullshitting. We decided it would be fun to play Jackbox with a bunch of other SHLers and record it. Our hope was that we would have some laughs and be entertaining enough for people to want to listen. The editing is still going on before it will be uploaded; <a href='index.php?showuser=1574' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>princekyle</a> is a super busy dude right now so I don't blame him in taking his time. In the podcast we didn't have an outline of how it would go, or any topics to hit on, we just talked like three friends hanging out and I think it went well. It was great to have this group of friends back together and I hope we can do another podcast if this one goes well once it's done.

Aww the gang is back together. I love when gangs get back together. Definitely curious to listen to this when it comes out.

Argonauts Stars Battleborn Czechia

You guys are all great, happy to have 3 of 4 in Calgary. Looking forward to the podcast!
Cheers

---> ParmBorg Highlights <---
[Image: cgv4vCv.png] Goal[Image: 95lCCDx.png]
[Image: parmborg.gif]

[Image: steelhead77.gif]

#1 All-Time SHL Goal & Point Scorer 
- First 2,000 TPE Player in SHL History - 
- First 400 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- Only 500 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- First GM to Win 5 & 6 Challenge Cups -
Esa Anrikkanen Award - SMJHL ROY - Est. S34
Vidrik Onoprienko Award Winner - S45

Dragonite[Image: 271.png][Image: 291.png][Image: 321.png][Image: 401.png][Image: 42banner2.png][Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png] Dragonite

Quote:Originally posted by Steelhead77@Mar 2 2017, 03:40 PM
You guys are all great, happy to have 3 of 4 in Calgary. Looking forward to the podcast!
Cheers

All my views of the Calgary Dragons in the cast were sponsored by ❤️

:-x

[Image: ivanovamin.png]
Player Page - Update Thread

If only D. was still here ;;(

wait shit I can't even use his nickname? DAMN

All-time New England Wolfpack scorer
[Image: Derisraka.png]
[Image: 38718_s.png]
[Image: rW2c4Vz.png][Image: B4x6AQm.png]
[Image: YztPk3T.png] [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

who has the guy behind Mitch D? r++ or what was his name?

MITCHALR DAMN BATCH B+++++

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

Awwwww

[Image: giphy.gif]

Quote:Originally posted by WannabeFinn@Mar 3 2017, 12:46 AM
MITCHALR DAMN BATCH B+++++
Smile)

I've been at work for 12 hours today which is stupid for me.

But that podcast WILL get up.