Create Account

Any Computer Guys Here?

He’s a computer boy, she said reboot you later boy, he wasn’t fast enough for her

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

Quote:Originally posted by CFJ@Oct 23 2017, 04:25 PM
<a href='index.php?showuser=2015' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-56'>formx</a> can tell you. He just bought the Razen processer.

I bought the 1700x. Probably above his price range. Smile)

I'm more of a human guy. I've been told I don't express my emotions well though

Quote:Originally posted by soulja@Oct 23 2017, 06:22 PM

over clock for processor and mostly game, school work, and streaming

I'd say go with the 6 cores over 4 just to be safe. What motherboard are you planning to go with? Are you planning to buy new memory? Also what cooler do you have atm? I know for some coolers you can buy a Ryzen upgrade kit so your cooler is compatible with your motherboard. Would save quite a bit in that case.

Quote:Originally posted by formx@Oct 23 2017, 09:33 PM

I'd say go with the 6 cores over 4 just to be safe. What motherboard are you planning to go with?&nbsp; Are you planning to buy new memory? Also what cooler do you have atm? I know for some coolers you can buy a Ryzen upgrade kit so your cooler is compatible with your motherboard. Would save quite a bit in that case.
if i go with the 6 cores, ill go with the 1600 as i get a stock cooler with it. Ill over clock that to 1600x levels. Im looking at 16 gb ram with at least 3000 mhz. For motherboard im looking at the gigabyte b350 gaming 3. Im not too sure which mobo to get as i heard some are having issues.

[Image: pnI7R5r.png]

Quote:Originally posted by soulja@Oct 23 2017, 10:22 PM

if i go with the 6 cores, ill go with the 1600 as i get a stock cooler with it. Ill over clock that to 1600x levels. Im looking at 16 gb ram with at least 3000 mhz. For motherboard im looking at the gigabyte b350 gaming 3. Im not too sure which mobo to get as i heard some are having issues.
Slow down there Seabiscuit, you'll be committing a sin if you don't get yourself a good CPU cooler, it is absolutely not the place you want to be skimping on, a 30 dollar cooler is perfect. 16 gb ram is also a little overkill with 8gb being sufficient. Also don't stick with base Thermal compound go with some Arctic Silver 3, 4 is dogshit.

Quote:Originally posted by Glyc@Oct 23 2017, 09:26 PM

Slow down there Seabiscuit, you'll be committing a sin if you don't get yourself a good CPU cooler, it is absolutely not the place you want to be skimping on, a 30 dollar cooler is perfect. 16 gb ram is also a little overkill with 8gb being sufficient. Also don't stick with base Thermal compound go with some Arctic Silver 3, 4 is dogshit.

Also memory prices pretty much rose to double the original amount. Be prepared to pay a premium for it.

Quote:Originally posted by formx@Oct 23 2017, 11:34 PM

Also memory prices pretty much rose to double the original amount. Be prepared to pay a premium for it.
^^ Cannot over state this. 16 GB used to be feasible for 102 USD for Corsair, now it's 160+ for 16 gb it's ridiculous. All in all though, the best resource available is going to be r/Buildapc

There is no reason you need 6 cores, I run 6 VMs from a Hex Core, and it rarely needs the 4th unless I am killing my machine.

Save yourself a few hundred and get yourself a nice SSD.

[Image: CamNosreh.png]

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/ <--- Use this

Quote:Originally posted by Sehnsucht@Oct 23 2017, 11:41 PM
https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/ <--- Use this
You need to use the perma link. Also I'm pretty sure with the new Ryzen series it's a bit better than an i5 purely because of the cores, especially for gaming in the future it'll be worth it especially with a fairly equal price on an i5 and Ryzen 5.

Quote:Originally posted by Glyc@Oct 24 2017, 03:08 AM

You need to use the perma link. Also I'm pretty sure with the new Ryzen series it's a bit better than an i5 purely because of the cores, especially for gaming in the future it'll be worth it especially with a fairly equal price on an i5 and Ryzen 5.

Dont buy expensive now, when nothing needs it really. Price will drop as always.

what s a computer

júnior Guarda
Throat Goat

I am a guy who owns a computer

Wow I've just noticed how sexist this thread title is. Shame on you OP. REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE