Create Account

PGS S38: Game 11 PGF @ MTL

<div align="center">Overview:</div>

In the third game of the season for both teams the Prince George Firebirds travel East to take on the Montreal Militia. The Firebirds have split their first two games coming in with a 1-1 record. While the Militia comes stumbling in after two losses, with no further blabber lets get into the action.

<div align="center">First Period:</div>

The first period action starts out slow with a lot of back and forth between both teams. The teams trading shots and offensive zone attempts, I don't know if either team made their curfew how sluggish they look out there. The first and only goal comes at 10:43 with Paddy Kane-Reilly's 2nd goal of the season. PGF dominated the shot counter outshooting the Militia 8 to 4.

<div align="center">Second Period:</div>

The pace of the second starts out blistering with Montreal looking to settle the score early. The Tanners launch a barrage shots but the young phenom goalie Tommy Tuck stands on his head to keep them off the scoreboard. Montreal can't keep the heat up as PGF grabs another goal by Paddy Kane-Reilly 2nd of the night, and 4th of the season early in the 2nd. After the early spark the teams slow the game down, neither team able to notch another point until a late power play for PGF puts them up 3-0. Did Dionýz Vyskoč just put this one away early? With his second goal of the season this game is PGF's to lose. Militia manages to score a late goal to keep this game close.

<div align="center">Third Period:</div>

One think to note is PGF seems to really be outhitting the Militia and taking the physicality to them. Oh wait we have a game, as Inari Twain sneaks one by Tommy Tuck 21 seconds into the third. Unfortunately PGF keeps their foot on the gas with goals by Mikhail Lokitonov and Jay Beagle Jr making it a 5-2 lead for PGF. This burst of offense chases rookie goalie Cedric Moreau from the game as he's relieved by Dustin Evans the Militia managed to tie er' up with goal from Artemi Berezin, Alexander McKinley, Yuri Bakos-Markov. At this point the game is tied up and Evans has stopped the only three shots he's faced. Ut Oh there's that Paddy Kane-Reilly dangling by, and you bet it he secures the Hattrick, and the game for PGF.

Fun Fact - Cedric Moreau isn't charged with the L in this game as MTL's offense did their best to bail him out of a tough outing.

<div align="center">3 Stars of the Game</div>

[Image: cut.jpg]

<div align="center">1. Paddy Kane-Rielly PGF</div>

PKR was in scintillating form scoring a hat-trick plus adding on assist. On top of his point tally, PKR managed to win over half of his faceoffs (11/20) including the most important draw of the night, which led to the eventual winner. The cherry on the top of the cake was his last second goal as time was expiring to give the Firebirds their second win of the young season.

<div align="center">2. Dionýz Vyskoč PGF</div>

The Prince George winger showed his terrific eye for a pass in this game. Recording all three of his assists to his teammate mentioned above, Paddy Kane-Rielly, while adding a score himself. On another night maybe he would be the first star if not for the late game heroics of PKR.

<div align="center">3. Conner Tanner MTL</div>

The Montreal winger was the catalyst of his team's comeback with his three assists. If not for a late goal, Tanner may have been able to claim a higher star rating for the game if his team managed to win in overtime.

[Image: ml002.gif]
Credit to Copenhagen, Wasty, FlappyGiraffe, InciteHysteria, and caltroit_red_flames
 [Image: MM4nqx6.png] [Image: Niz2wua.png][Image: egAspOO.png] Knights
[Image: GZ9XvkA.png]

<div align="center">Rough Night</div>

The Rough Night of the Game Award will be awarded on a game by game basis to the player that had a ROUGH NIGHT. The majority of these will probably be awarded to the rooks. Sorry fellow rooks. Tonights ROUGH NIGHT is awarded to Teppo Lehtonen. Seeing 16:28 of ice time, 3:52 of Powerplay time, and 2:32 on the PK. Lehtonen had a hard time in the faceoff circle going 4/12 on both the PP and the PK. He did not record a single shot on net but did register a Hit and one Blocked Shot. His ROUGH NIGHT in the faceoff circle is the reason he was awarded tonights ROUGH NIGHT Award.

Shout out to ml002, schultzy, slashacm, tedward!
[Image: blastmeaway.gif]

[Image: f4IDm9I.jpg] I [Image: specterspp.png] I [Image: czechup.png] I [Image: gs89eGV.png] I [Image: f4IDm9I.jpg]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]

09-05-2018, 10:04 PMBeaver Wrote: Wow look what the PT affiliation has done to our pristine league.
12-19-2018, 12:31 AMBeaver Wrote: I personally blame the PT affiliation for handing out massive amounts of free TPE to all these players, inflating the TPE they're at when they get called up.
[Image: Capture21.PNG?width=400&height=90]

<div align="center"> McIntyre's Mr Irrelevant</div>

Welcome back to anther edition of McIntyre's Mr Irrelevant, where we find the player that had the least impact on the game!

The three nominees for tonight are:

Kyle Keenan Jr.

Romualds Loks

Josh Hyman

Tonight's award is different than most. We exclude players that did not step on the ice for this award, and there are in fact five of those players between these two teams tonight. Because of that, players had much higher minutes and impacts on the game than the usual night.

Keenan Jr. played 7:08. You heard me right, 7:08. That's a long time for a player that is nominated for Mr. Irrelevant, and the rest of the nominees had big minutes as well. He was also -1, won a faceoff, and had 1 hit.

Loks played 7:08, the same as Keenan Jr., and was -1 and took one shot.

Niklas Mueller played 8:20.

Although the other players had less TOI, we feel that a minute of play does not equal taking a faceoff, being -1 and taking a faceoff/giving a hit. Because of this, the Mr. Irrelevant award goes to Niklas Mueller.

Congratulations Niklas Mueller, we hope you can have a bigger impact next time. Goodnight!

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]

<div align="center">Brick Wall
</div>

Tonight saw no real great goalie appearance in net. While the Prince George Firebirds beat the Montreal Militia 6 to 5, the net play was horrendous for both teams. Brick Wall here will have to go to Tommy Tuck, for seeing 27 shots on the night and saving 22 of them in sixty minutes of on ice time. His Save Percentage was an abysmal 0.815% but he still helped ensure a win for the Firebirds. Without Tuck in net, it could have been a much worse game going for the Birds. Hopefully Tommy Tuck can turn it around and play better in the net for their next meeting.

[Image: petrov2.png]
[Image: muford_hof_sig.png]

<div align="center">Open Door
</div>

For the poor game that Tommy Tuck had, Montreal’s goalies were even worse. The Open Door has to be given to both Dustin Evans and Cedric Moreau of Montreal. In 47:53 Minutes of ice time, Moreau saw 22 shots and was able to only save 17 of them. The Save percentage for Moreau was 0.773% on the night. Dustin Evans only saw 4 shots in 11:27 minutes of ice time, saving 3 of them. If Evans was able to play the whole game, he might have been the Brick Wall. Instead, his save percentage was 0.750%. Montreal needs their goalie situation to improve if they want to make the playoffs this year.

[Image: petrov2.png]
[Image: muford_hof_sig.png]

[Image: ziPYW9K.jpg]

<div align="center">Key Match-Up</div>

Tonight's Key Match-Up featured a couple of top-line forwards for these two teams, whose performances we thought might determine the outcome of this game. Inari Twain and Paddy Kane-Reilly, for the Militia and Firebirds respectively, have an uncanny ability to overtake games and dictate the pace of them, and for that reason, they were our featured head-to-head match-up in this contest.

With a hat-trick (and an assist to go along with it), Paddy Kane-Reilly is the clear-cut winner tonight. Kane-Reilly dominated this game from start to finish, scoring both the first and last goals of the game en route to a 5-2 Firebirds victory. The Militia goaltenders never had a second to breath with this player on the ice, and not a single defenceman could keep up.

Inari Twain did have a respectable game, netting a goal and adding an assist for a two-point night, while keeping the Firebirds busy with 4 shots. Twain is a dynamic winger who we thought might help the Militia to their first win of the season in this game, but nobody could have predicted the offensive explosion that Kane-Reilly would provide on this evening.

One Heroic Performance

This was a wild game. Or, more accurately, this game had a wild third period. Going into the third, the Firebirds led three to one, but the Militia drew the game within one with a goal by Inari Twain. The Firebirds stormed back to stretch the lead to 3, seeming to offer the team security. Yet, less than two minutes after the Firebirds extended their league, Artemi Berezin began what would be a monumentous comeback. His goal was followed by one by Alexander McKinley. Going into the last minute, the Militia still had a one goal deficit: and that was eliminated by Yuris Bakos-Markov, off an assist from the rookie Fredrich Koenig.

Tied up and threatened with overtime after having held a massive lead, momentum had shifted hard against the Firebirds. Their team morale had fallen into the drains and the team was beginning to play with a sense of panic, and that in part had led to the late-game goal. But with overtime on the spoke, the Firebirds' coach called a timeout and got a line change in -- and out to the ice he sent the most successful offensive line of the game, led by Paddy Kane-Rielly. If the game had an undisputed hero, it would be him. Already having scored two goals and notched one assist, Rielly had more than chipped in his fair share of offense for the night. But just eight seconds after Bakos-Markov tied the game up, he received the pass from the similarly excellent Dionyz Vyskoc and swept into the Militia zone, scoring to retake the lead.

The Firebirds would hold that lead for the next forty seconds, stealing victory from what had become an unfortunately uncertain game. Truth be told, the Firebirds didn't deserve to win the game as a team. But it was off the back of Kane-Rielly's heroic, late-game efforts and Vyskoc's playmaking prowess that they were able to reclaim the victory they should have assured prior to their third period meltdown.

[Image: wopo0De.png]
Signature Credit: Wasty

<div align="center">Bradford's Play of the Game</div>

Montreal were looking to bounce back from their dreadful start to the season but it was not to be tonight. The third period was full of drama and when the Firebirds pulled ahead 5-2 early in the third, it looked like the night was over. This was not the case as Montreal managed to swing momentum in their favor by firing off three unanswered goals. The equalizer came from Yuri-Bakos-Markov in the final ten seconds of the third period. Montreal sent Dustin Evans back in the game and were ready for this one to go to overtime. Paddy Kane-Rielly had other plans. Vyskoč moved the puck into Montreal's zone after Kane-Rielly won the face off. A quick pass to PKR followed by a one-timer that Evans had no chance of stopping put Prince George back in control with no time left to answer. Lot's of drama and great plays in this one but Paddy Kane-Rielly is getting the Play of the Game from me. Nice one.

[Image: v1uynGf.png]

Highlanders

Renegades  raiders  Finland
[Image: WuTGq5J.png]

Flappy's Favourite Game Moments

John Grossman Jr. laying the bod on DeLon Ishii:

[Image: artemhit.gif]

My favourite high sticking penalty, from Barbie Tanner:

[Image: SubbanEmbellishment.gif]

And finally, my favourite interference penalty from Anders Christiansen:

[Image: cheapshot.gif.pagespeed.ce.avk6dcyspe.gif]

[Image: wMFFUe4.gif]

Barracuda S56 1st Overall Barracuda

Gary Grease Career Stats: Click Here
Graphics Shop: Click Here

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  Barracuda Russia Barracuda  [Image: c8B2LE3.png]

Unsung Hero of the Night

Tonight's "Unsung Hero of the Night" award goes to rookie Carter Manning of the Prince George Firebirds. Seeing only 11:52 of ice time, the 2nd line center went 9 for 13 on draws, had a big momentum-changing hit, and had a fantastic scoring chance snuffed out by a fantastic toe save by Tommy Tuck in the 2nd period.

The coaching staff was quick to praise his play. "It's hard not to award the stars of the game to Paddy, Dionýz, and Tomáš, as they all had tremendous games, but if there was a 4th star available, it would have to go to Carter. He played a tremendous game, and really helped add to our puck possession. We're looking for big things out of Carter in the coming years."

Defensive Player of the Game

With all the focus on scoring in today's game, time to reward a defensive player for a job well done. Tonight's Defensive Player of the Game goes to none other than Carter Manning (me) himself. This will likely be the only time I'll ever give myself this award, but I had a good game. I didn't score, I was even, and I stayed out of the penalty box. Most people would look at that and think I made no impact. Well, on the defensive side, Carter made a very big impact for how little time he played. Playing under 12 minutes, Carter won 69% of his face-offs and blocked a shot. Again, it may not look like much, but for a rookie to be able to contribute to puck possession like that is very important considering how volatile the scoring was in this game. The best defense is to just never let the other team control the puck. Congrats Manning!

Radio Announcer Michael Walker here with the game winning goal call.

Here for the face off as Montreal has just scored the tying goal here with 9 seconds left in the game. Kane-Rielly, Vyskoč, Bananerström, Grossman Jr., and Toothsome are on the ice for Prince George, and McKinley, Tanner, Tanner, Park and Owens are on the ice for Montreal. McKinley and Kane-Rielly ready to take the face off. Kane-Rielly wins the draw, and is able to pass it over to Vyskoč. Vyskoč skates into the Montreal zone, passes it back to Kane-Rielly who lets rip with a one timer. Goalllllllll! Paddy Kane-Rielly with the one timer right past Dustin Evans, who just missed it with his leg pad. The puck crossed the line just before the clock hit zero, and Prince George wins this nailbiter of a game.

[Image: 49775_s.png]
Thanks to Budgie and Carpy for the sigs!

Player || Updates