Create Account

Farewell Address to Halifax 544 words

<object width="460" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4N3N1MlvVc4"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4N3N1MlvVc4" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="460" height="315"></embed></object>

It has been difficult to accept the possibility this was coming. Though, as the season's outlook turned further and further down for the Raiders and with the Manhattan Rage's need to call me up next season, my days in Halifax were numbered. At the conclusion of discussions, and with my consent, I was offered on the trading block for the Raiders to obtain any picks or pick upgrades they could get and found a partner in the Vancouver Whalers.

I am sad to have to move on from the club at this time, though I understand the club needs what they got more than they need me. In the SMJHL, GMs have to decide if their team is fit for a Cup run now or not and fully commit to building for when they can contend. In this case, the Vancouver Whalers have been one of the clear candidates ready to go all-in for a title this season. Also in this case, from the outset of this season, even before the trades began, we knew Halifax would be in for rebuilding.

Forgive me if I forget anyone in the following thanks.

I would like to thank <a href='index.php?showuser=802' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-13'>FourFour</a>, <a href='index.php?showuser=2719' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-10'>Shmurph</a> and <a href='index.php?showuser=2638' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-56'>TheDangaZone</a>, the GMs during my two seasons in Halifax. 44's leadership tenure was wonderful while he was here and he since moved on to help the rebuild in Buffalo. He was a big part of our adjustments in S40 which helped turn around our season and set us up comfortably in the playoff hunt. Shmurph and TDZ have been great in their own right and I am excited to see how they reap the fruits of their process.

I would like to thank <a href='index.php?showuser=2958' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>iamslm22</a>, <a href='index.php?showuser=30' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>HabsFanFromOntario</a>, <a href='index.php?showuser=482' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-34'>Kesler17</a>, <a href='index.php?showuser=81' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-13'>c00kies</a>, <a href='index.php?showuser=2884' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-14'>JT3</a>, <a href='index.php?showuser=2862' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>Mongoose87</a>, <a href='index.php?showuser=2823' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>Pamplemousse</a> and <a href='index.php?showuser=3017' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>TheMemeMaestro</a>. I'm glad to have shared a locker room with you (and continue to do so as an alum now). I look forward to this last bit of competition with you in juniors and then hopefully meeting up again in the SHL (which I will in Pamplemoose's case if Manhattan doesn't sacrifice him to their process).

I would also like to thank the active rookies from this year's draft class: <a href='index.php?showuser=3059' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>TravLizard</a>, <a href='index.php?showuser=3083' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>timmidura</a>, <a href='index.php?showuser=3099' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>kylecorbett42</a>, <a href='index.php?showuser=1257' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>Narconis</a> and <a href='index.php?showuser=3002' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-3'>Roly</a>. You guys are going to inherit a hell of a windfall in the coming seasons. Thanks for sticking out the rebuild. Under TDZ's direction, you guys are probably going to be in a position to lead for the Raiders when those draft picks turn into some of the best talent and LR personalities to come.

Finally, I would like to thank Vancouver management, <a href='index.php?showuser=2572' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-56'>DrunkenTeddy</a> and <a href='index.php?showuser=2587' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-10'>adamantium</a> for bringing me on board with the club. I'll do whatever I can to help the LR atmosphere and the playoff push for the Four Star Cup.

Both teams have now committed to where they can contend. My part in the Whalers' push starts now with the final stretch of the season. We have clinched a playoff berth, and the next step is to clinch a bye to the conference finals. The Laurifier Cup would be nice, too, though it's for naught without THE prize. I'm ready to accept my role while I'm here and look forward to this second chance I have to make a run at the Four Star Cup.

Speedwagon Player Page | Speedwagon Updates Page 

[Image: speedwagongifsig.gif]

[Image: GoonerBear.gif]

So happy to have you. <3

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

#ThankYouGoonerBear

[Image: 5ijj5Fv.png]

[Image: YztPk3T.png]  [Image: 6by0kBi.png]

Tagging me in 2018. Omegalul

“The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. ... There are neither beginnings nor endings to the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning.”

[Image: HFFO.gif]

You were an awesome teammate for our season together. You're gonna do great things in the SHL and I can't wait for Texas to destroy Manhattan Smile

STL did it first #GoodbyeStLouis

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM

I’m not crying you are :((

Akashi SixNine Jr. Updates

Quote:Originally posted by FourFour@Jun 4 2018, 09:25 PM
I’m not crying you are :((
sack up lil boy

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

You're a class act through and through man. Best of luck chasing the cup and you know you're always welcome in the LR. <3

[Image: thedangazone.gif]

Quote:Originally posted by WannabeFinn@Jun 4 2018, 07:27 PM

sack up lil boy
eat my dick pea brain

Akashi SixNine Jr. Updates

I hope we will meet again soon and I hope that will be with Manathan... Rage Rage Rage

:D :D :D