Create Account

Be The Thunder!

Looks like there hasn't been any Lightning fans around for a few year. Guess I was brought here for a reason!

Any other fans, please introduce yourselves and tell us a little about yourself and your fandom. 

I'm Benevolent Thomas and I share the Lightning's age. I hail originally from the east coast of Florida, but spend most of my time in Orlando these days. I've been a peripheral fan of the team for most of my life. I started getting into the team around the 2010/11 season and became an intense fan during the '15 playoff run. My favorite player constantly changes and I'm not going to name my current one right now as I don't want to jinx them with this Karlsson trade looming over us. The last time I had an absolute favorite Bolt, it was Boyle, so I've learned my lesson. I've caught a few games at Amalie Arena with my favorite memory being welcoming the Vegas Golden Knights to Tampa for the first time. You may ask why my fondest memory is one where we lost, its because I've yet to attend a game where we've won. 0-3 so far! I'm also a fan of the Solar Bears, but they also lose when I'm in attendance! 

Look forward to getting to know you all!

Tbh, I’m surprised Orlando still had an ECHL team considering how many ECHL teams folded the last few months

Sven Holmberg

[Image: hexx55.gif]

[Image: mitochondriafigure1.jpg]
Player Page | Update Page

They've folded and returned a few times iirc. They've been back now for a few years. The problem with the Solar Bears is that they're owned by the Magic (DuVas family) and are an affiliate of Toronto. Magic's ownership are notoriously incompetent and its unfortunate that they're still allowed to not only own a team as well as try their hands at acquiring other teams. Toronto has other ECHL affiliates and they prefer their other teams, so we're going to lose that affiliation and may disappear again. But there may be good news...

Tampa is hosting a preseason game against the Panthers at Amway Center (in Orlando; home of Solar Bears/Magic). Some of us have been speculating that they are going to announce that Tampa will become the NHL affiliate of the Solar Bears at this game. Everyone knows how wonderful the Tampa organization's staff is and its reasonable to believe that the Solar Bears can become a force in the ECHL under their leadership. The Solar Bears could grow to outsell the Magic if they find more success and the ECHL doesn't collapse entirely. If Hockey can sell more tickets in Miami than Baseball, I'm not going to rule out a trash hockey league selling more seats than a perpetual bottom feeder of the NBA.

Update: Yup, the Solar Bears are officially affiliated with the Lightning. The two best bands in Hockey have teamed up for world domination.

I got tickets to that preseason game in Orlando

I also got Bolts Fan Fest tickets

Also got my new Brayden Point shirt!

[Image: WxYT5Om.jpg]

Boo Solar Bears. Go Stingrays

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

09-07-2018, 05:55 PM.bojo Wrote: Boo Solar Bears. Go Stingrays

Didn't like getting swept, aye?

09-07-2018, 06:06 PMBenevolent Thomas Wrote:
09-07-2018, 05:55 PM.bojo Wrote: Boo Solar Bears. Go Stingrays

Didn't like getting swept, aye?

Wasn't expecting a full sweep, that's for sure.

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

Booo Bolts. Go Bruins

09-07-2018, 07:12 PMClint Eastwood Wrote: Booo Bolts. Go Bruins

I 4-1 enjoyed how the playoffs turned out for Boston as well.