Create Account

St. Louis Scarecrows New Blood Analysis

Following the S53 SMJHL entry draft and seeing the amount of draft related material, I have decided to do a focus on my new team, the St. Louis Scarecrows. This will be a look into the 4 new members to the team, their strengths, weaknesses, and possible roles for their new team. Without further ado, let's get started.

William Lockwood: Right Wing 9th Overall

The 6' 182 lbs Bloomburg Hills native looks to be making a splash in the SMJHL already. A media machine, he has started 21 threads in total already (an average of 2.69 threads per day) which range in topics from draft analysis to basic tips to a look into the player. This will allow them to keep a continual revenue going to pay for weekly training. I fully expect them to be at the top of the TPE charts come the end of the season. All of this obviously assumes they don't slow down too much, which at their current rate they may no longer have fingertips for typing. Hopefully they have a speech to text program.

Offensive Ratings Standouts:
Puckhandling and Offensive Read: 12
Screening:7

Overall, William's offensive ratings are really good. He definitely has the skills to keep the puck and be in position. His screening is lower, so he will probably be attacking from the outside rather than getting those greasy goals. Then again, if we take a look at the rest of they will be getting a lot of assists.

Defensive Ratings Standouts:
Positioning and Defensive Read: 11
Hitting and Shotblocking: 8

Overall, William's defensive ratings are also on point. The defensive side of his game is not taking a hit  for the offensive side and that is a huge help. Being able to be trusted in the defensive zone will allow him to be played in more situations and could eventually see time on the PK.

Physical and Mental Ratings Standouts:
All fairly even

There is not a ton to talk about here. William is pretty even across the board and will not be a liability in any area as far as his physical fitness is concerned. Just do not expect him to be extremely physical and attacking player's and pucks continually.

All in all, William Lockwood is a very well-rounded player. He has the capability of playing up and down the lineup in multiple situations. I see him developing into a very strong 2-way forward at this rate who can be expected to help chip-in on the offensive side of things. Do not expect him to be mucking it up in the corners but when he has the puck he will be in the best position to make the necessary plays.

Richard Majors: Goalie 14th Overall

The 6' 215 lbs native of the United States (all of it) looks to be a great addition to the scarecrows lineup. Even though there are fewer spots for goalies in the league than any other position, Richard has the skills to make a solid backup for the Scarecrows in the immediate future. He has a respectable post history, primarily in Diary and interview form, and a strong showing in the locker room already. As long as the player remains active he has a strong shot in this league.

Standout Ratings:
Positioning: 12

Richard's positioning in net is extremely sound with no glaring holes. A very well balanced goalie, he will benefit greatly from the experienced goaltending in St. Louis to continue to improve his game. He is also mentally tough, which is a big plus for a goalie as even an early game goal will not shake his resolve.

Given the current goaltending situation in St. Louis, I feel Richard will be performing as the primary backup for the Scarecrows. He will give the team the ability to play their game no matter which goalie is in net with little need to adjust. Who knows, in a year he could be stealing that starting role.

Elwulf Jericson: Defense 25th Overall

Well, on to me I guess. At 5'6" and 185 lbs Elwulf Jericson could afford to lose some weight. He is definitely on the stockier side, but don't let that fool you as he is still quick on his feet. There is honestly not a lot more I can say about me without getting real existential so let's move on to those standout ratings.

Offensive Rating Standouts:
Puckhandling and Shooting Range: 10
Shooting Accuracy: 5

Elwulf can definitely help moving the puck himself and can even shoot from further than the dots. However, unless his target is the broad side of the barn he isn't hitting shit. Then again, his focus should be on helping the offense get those goals instead.

Defensive Rating Standouts:
Positioning: 13
Hitting: 6

Do not expect this guy to be laying down the heavy hits (if you couldn't already figure that out from his size). Instead, Elwulf will have to rely upon his sound positioning and awareness to keep the the puck out of his zone. He definitely has room to grow on this side of the ice so don't expect him being the top defense man for the  Scarecrows anytime soon.

Physical Rating Standouts:
Accelaration: 13
Fighting: 5

In combination with his other speed related physical attributes, his acceleration will help out big time. Seeing as he will have to rely upon positioning greatly, being able to quickly gain speed to maneuver is going to be huge. But don't expect him to be able to drop the gloves and hold his own often. He should know better than to mix it up too much.

Mental Ratings:
Bravery: 10
Aggression: 7

So, Elwulf may not realize that he is going to be shorter than probably 90% of the people he plays against. He is willing to go to the rough areas and will probably be a little too aggressive at times. Hopefully he doesn't get into too much trouble and end up riding the pine because of it.

Overall, Elwulf shows potential to help the Scarecrows. I expect he will mostly be bottom pairing, but he shouldn't give too much up on the defensive side of things. He could stand to even out his offensive side more to help out there, but he should focus on the back end and let the forwards do their job.

Grapefruit Lizard: Center 26th Overall

Who doesn't like grapefruits and lizards? But in all honesty this looks like a sneaky pickup in the third round. Grapefruit Lizard has been an active member in his locker room since being drafted and I don't see that changing anytime soon. He has already been in contact with his GM and coaches about what they want to see from him and taking that advice to heart.

Offensive Rating Standouts:
Shooting Accuracy: 13
Passing: 5

Well then, this is definitely a surprise. Grapefruit appears to have focused extremely highly on his ability to score over setting others up. I fully expect him to be up there in the scoring department as long as he is paired with others who can get him the puck. Defenses better pay attention to him because if he gets the opportunity to shoot he will score.

Defensive Rating Standouts:
Positioning and Defensive Read: 10
Everything Else: 5

I don't expect Grapefruit to do too much on the defensive side of things. He is definitely responsible enough to know where to be and why he should be there but not necessarily anything else. His offensive first attitude won't see him get too many defensive zone starts or PK time but with some work he can make sure he doesn't have to.

Physical Rating Standouts:
Stamina:12
Agility: 6

What he lacks in agility he makes up for in longevity. He should be able to stay on the ice to finish out any shift he is on, although he may have a tough time keeping away from defenders long enough for that to matter. But give him the puck and watch him go.

Overall, Grapefruit appears to be poised as a pure sniper. I expect we will see his name on the score sheet enough times for people to take notice. With some guidance he will turn into a great threat. He may end up playing a mix of 3rd and 4th line duties as needed but would probably fair better on a scoring 3rd line rather than the typical energy 4th line.

And there you have it. The 4 new members of the Scarecrow organization. I am sure all members are anxious for their training camp and preseason to start and figure out where they fit into the team and how they can best help St. Louis to secure the championship.

1500 Words

[Image: jericson112.gif]
[Image: 5p7vOwY.png][Image: NA3IV5m.png]

Scarecrows

[Image: Niktox.gif]
Specters Monarchs Berserkers Scarecrows [Image: italian-flag.jpg?s=612x612&w=0&k=20&c=tO...eKFgvtgqU=]

Specters Armada Scarecrows Czechia
Panthers Specters Jets Scarecrows Usa [Image: 4star.png] [Image: challengecup.png] [Image: challengecup.png]
RIP Dangel #AD26  |  RIP TDZ

Nice in depth article. Good job!

[Image: Snoopdogg.gif]
    [Image: d9J5DHT.png]        norway      [Image: d9J5DHT.png]

Scarecrows

[Image: olivercastillon.gif]

Thanks @enigmatic, @Carpy48, @Bayley, @Ragnar, @sulovilen, & @dasboot for the signatures!