Create Account

The Armada Charter: Bork Lazer
(This post was last modified: 03-19-2020, 10:53 AM by KenitohMenara.)

**1105 words 50/50 split between @KenitohMenara and @Frick_Nasty **

As the draft continued and more players were called up, a young man sat near the back of the hall. He knew he wouldn’t get picked in the first round, he had only committed to the draft the night before. It didn’t matter to him where he landed, though he did have his preference. He was ready to wait and then, as GM Max Brannagan of the Anchorage Armada stepped up to the podium:

“With the 32nd pick of Season 53 SMJHL entry draft, the Anchorage Armada are pleased to select Bork Lazer, Right Defender, Minnesota.”

Bork smiled and stood up. His time had finally arrived. It was time for one of the most notorious defenders in America's junior hockey leagues to join the SMJHL. Born and raised in Minneapolis, Bork swiftly gained a reputation as the scariest defenders in the junior game. He grew up on his family's farm, his early days were spent lifting hay bales and pulling farming equipment. Day in and day out, always up at 6am. This constant work led him to be one of the strongest kids around… and he knew it. He got involved in wrestling at an early age, soon dominated all competition in that field, earning him national attention for his sheer strength. When he went into ice hockey, he quickly got to work using what wrestling had taught him.

Minnesota is often referred to as the state of hockey for its abundance of junior leagues and teams. By the time Bork declared for the draft, he had managed to get himself kicked out or suspended from 7 of them. He was always the biggest player on the ice even as a child and as he grew, his hits became more powerful and devastating. This often lead to parents petitioning to remove Bork from the leagues and one time even lead to a protest outside an arena where Bork was playing in. Somehow he had ended up on a local new channel, having to defend his style of play from reporters who didn’t understand how the game of hockey was played. If anything this made Bork more determined to continue playing the way he does.

“Yeah, I was with 7 leagues before Anchorage. NSHL, PHE, NAHL, you name it, I got cut from it.” Bork said, sitting down with the Armada Charter. “I didn’t know if I would get in on the draft until the day itself. That’s why I was slept on until the fourth round. It’ll be nice to prove everyone else wrong for sleeping on me.”

Bork’s preference if he could choose at the draft was with Anchorage. GM Max Brannagan had already witnessed Bork’s style first hand when doing scouting. They already had a relationship from private workouts and Bork was very happy to join the Armada if his name got called in the draft.

“I was excited as f*** to join up,” Bork said about Anchorage. “The GM I met while I was on my NSHL team so when I knew I was getting drafted by them I was pumped. I knew head coach apricot would take care of me and make me even tougher. That's always a great thing you know. I'm going a to team that I know the GM so it'll be good working with them but also I know the kind of people that they like to be around so I figured that the team’s going to be great as well.”

While some thing that the big hits and fighting is all of Bork’s game, there is a reason why he was picked up by 7 different leagues even with his supposed problems. Standing 6 feet 3 inches and weighing 286 pounds, Bork greets all his opponents with the business end of a mack truck, whose surprising speed has left coaches and fellow players in awe as he rushes past and if you try to get in Bork’s way, you’ll often end up on your backside and will make a silent vow to never do anything that stupid again. He’s one of the best shot blockers in juniors, setting the junior record for shots blocked in a season, including one performance where he blocked 10 shots… in a row. He gets to top speed very quickly and is rarely if ever toppled by opposing defenses. He’s got a big frame and he knows how to use it, imposing his will on anyone who tries to remove the puck from him.

“You just look at this kid and he is just a presence every time he steps on the ice, possibly the next great defensive defenceman in this league.” said Head Coach Apricot. “He’s like a fortress on the ice. You are not going to topple him or push him down or anything like that. He’s giant, he knows it and he’s going to beat you knowing that.”

As the Anchorage Armada gear up for another season, Bork is prepared to do what it takes to help them win another four star trophy. He has said that he has three goals for this season.

“Some accomplishments I like from the season would be first a championship which should always be everyone's goal. Secondly I like to have the most hits in the league. Lastly I want to go undefeated in fights.”

The Minnesota native knows what he is and he knows what he wants to be. He makes no bones about it either. A giant of a man who makes the big hits and defends the goal. He wants to win, that is what drives this beast of a man. He wants to prove everyone wrong and on a team know for taking risks on guys with huge potential, he could truly thrive.

“I'm looking to become one of the most feared and best defensive defensemen in the league.” Bork said, when asked what kind of player he wants to be. “I'll do anything in my power to make sure that happens”

It will be a while before Bork becomes the best defensive defensemen in the league, he has to continue working hard at his game and play well with the Armada. A tall order for a fourth round pick nobody knew was even going to make it to the draft. However, when this reporter looked into his eyes, he saw a hulking beast that once he set his eyes onto something would never be stopped. Look out SMJHL, Bork Lazer is coming for you and he is ready to dominate all in his path.

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=13633750]

[Image: lazer2.png]