Create Account

Post Draft Signing
(This post was last modified: 03-20-2020, 03:06 AM by Lockwood.)

After I heard my name called by the Scarecrows I imagined my life developing in Saint Louis and being able to chart my own destiny. I met some of the team guys before I would get settled in the city.
They took me around town and showed me awesome places to eat and the best places to have fun after practice. So naturally we tried these places out. While I was only getting a feel for the city now, I could tell I liked it a lot. I’m glad I got drafted by a team in such a great city, not to mention with awesome and helpful teammates.
Not long after catching my bearings I had to schedule a meeting with the team GM about what sort of contract I would be signing to play with the team. 
At least I was afraid I would hurt the team’s cap too much if I took a bigger deal but the team insisted I needed the money for my development. So after awhile, I was handed a paper with a contract and a salary of $4.5 million a season. Which is insane. I decided to start putting that money to more use and I knew I would need to purchase training and coaching for the year to make sure I’ll be one of the best in this class and I’ll be one of then best players  for my team. So I began to earn money until I could afford such training. 
Now that I’m close to spending that money I’ll need to ask my General Manager and coach where he thinks I should I go from here. I know this part of my life’s is important for getting better at the game and making the risk to draft me at 9 worth it
)309 words)