Create Account

Hockey Talk Tonight #21 (September 17, 2020)
(This post was last modified: 09-17-2020, 09:25 PM by sve7en.)

[80 minutes, split with @Faelax, @hockeyiscool, @AgentSmith630, and myself]

[Image: SHN_Red_lightgrey_wordmark.png] Presents...
[Image: HKrnj8t.png]

Lots of cool stuff happened in the league this week. Trades, drafts, signings, GM transitions, me as a double GM, AgentSmith's first action in a GM role, Faelax and Dwight doing GM things...
As always, you can ask us questions here, or in the HTT Question Thread!

--HTT Topics--
Monkey D. Luffy, filework, and auditing
SHL Draft Recap
. . Best drafts, biggest surprises, and questions unanswered
SHL Free Agency Recap
SMJHL Draft Recap
Award nominees and reactions
S56 Draftee Survey results

--user questions--
[Dwight] RomanesEuntDomus - What is your reaction to the bad scores TBB received in some of the categories? Do people just have the wrong impression of your franchise or are there some things that you need to fix?
[sve7en] RomanesEuntDomus - I know we are both fairly critical of GMs pre-draft efforts in temrs of scouting and interviewing players... What are some specific steps that you think GMs can take to improve this? Are there some teams that you guys have heard to a particularly good or bad job in that regard?
[Faelax] RomanesEuntDomus - How proud are you that QCC won the participation trophy :D ?
[ALL] JSS - With teams like New Orleans, Los Angeles and Edmonton losing some key pieces this off season due to expansion and free agency, will the Winnipeg Jets finally make the playoffs next season after having some trouble in recent seasons?
[ALL] RomanesEuntDomus - I hope some of you guys read my "11 Things you Probably Didn't Know About the SHL of the Past" article. But which of those things were actually new to you and which ones did you already know about? And what aspect of the old SHL was the craziest in your opinion compared to todays league?
[ALL] RomanesEuntDomus - Okay enough self-promotion. I know you guys talked quite a bit about parity already over your last episodes, but I don't quite remember if you specifically touched on HTD's as well. If not, what are your thoughts on them?
[ALL] RomanesEuntDomus - Some people seem to have a "git gud lol" attitude towards the weaker team, claiming that they are too busy asking for handouts instead of doing their jobs to improve their teams and earn their success. Who do you think is right here, the people who think that unsuccessful teams are asking for too much help and for too many shortcuts to sucess, or the people who think that the top-teams have become too arrogant and dismissive towards legitimate concerns about league structure?
[ALL] Spooked - Who goes 1OA next SHL Draft?
[ALL] Overdoo - After the results of FA, which team is looking the strongest heading into the season?
[ALL] Roastpuff - Should the cap be raised? Should hometown discounts be removed (i.e. as in the bojo thread)?
[ALL] Fitted - Should the update scale be revisited? - (Higher starting points, or being able to go past 20 in an attribute?)
Quote:I'd like yo hear your guys thoughts on possible tpe retool. Wjat I mean is making things easier to hit the ground running and make things cheaper. Also the possibility of going over 20 in an attribute for supreme players, what I mean is make it cost a fuck ton maybe like 100 toe to go from 20>21 and so on I'd just like to hear your thoughts on this specifically seven as I tend to like hearing your thoughts on these things. Remember going g over 20 should only be possibly for truly elite talents 2k tpe type people and even then it could hinder there overall game. Even if we keep the tpe scale the way it is I still think players should have the option of going over 20 if they so choose. Going over 20 to say 22 does not guarantee your player is miles ahead of everyone even though people on this site say that. I've done many custom leagues on fhm and had a player with 33 passing who never led the league in assists. I've seen gretzky with 27 passing and 25 I read lose scoring titles to doug gilmour So please if you can debate this and gib thoughts.
[ALL/AS630] Zema - My question is regarding the role of the simmer in the league. It is one of the most time-consuming and toughest job on the site that isn't in management. Do you think that the current set-up of running with one simmer for each league is viable, or would you like to see a change to this that would include more members or even a team surrounding it?

--closers--
[ALL] RomanesEuntDomus - What is your guys's favorite German(-style) food?
[ALL] Overdoo - What potato chip is your favourite?

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]

Awesome! Looking forward to listening tomorrow morning!

[Image: m59RPb7.png]   [Image: FcWmVTl.png]
[Image: krazkoSEA.gif]
credit to amazing @Carpy48, @Ragnar @sköldpaddor, @the_paytonium & @sulovilen !
(This post was last modified: 09-17-2020, 02:28 PM by RomanesEuntDomus.)

Gonna do some shameless self-promoting this week for the two big articles that I wrote...

1. I hope some of you guys read my "11 Things you Probably Didn't Know About the SHL of the Past" article. But which of those things were actually new to you and which ones did you already know about? And what aspect of the old SHL was the craziest in your opinion compared to todays league?

2. If you wanna talk about the S56 SHL Draftee Survey, it probably makes the most sense to just talk about it in general terms and focus on the things that you think were the most important findings. If you want some specific questions however:

HiC, what is your reaction to the bad scores TBB received in some of the categories? Do people just have the wrong impression of your franchise or are there some things that you need to fix?
sve7en, I know we are both fairly critical of GMs pre-draft efforts in temrs of scouting and interviewing players... What are some specific steps that you think GMs can take to improve this? Are there some teams that you guys have heard to a particularly good or bad job in that regard?
And lastly Faelax, how proud are you that QCC won the participation trophy :D ?

3. Okay enough self-promotion. I know you guys talked quite a bit about parity already over your last episodes, but I don't quite remember if you specifically touched on HTD's as well. If not, what are your thoughts on them?

4. Some people seem to have a "git gud lol" attitude towards the weaker team, claiming that they are too busy asking for handouts instead of doing their jobs to improve their teams and earn their success. Who do you think is right here, the people who think that unsuccessful teams are asking for too much help and for too many shortcuts to sucess, or the people who think that the top-teams have become too arrogant and dismissive towards legitimate concerns about league structure?

5. What is your guys's favorite German(-style) food?

Not a question...

Just a congratulations on Jimmy Wagners first IIHF goal in game 1 of the tourney! Cheers

[Image: OnGNB1G.gif]

[Image: cgv4vCv.png]|[Image: 95lCCDx.png]|[Image: KgwtJeY.png]
Knights|Dragons|Austria

After the results of FA, which team is looking the strongest heading into the season?

What potato chip is your favourite?

Might actually be able to watch live tonight!

Should the cap be raised? Should hometown discounts be removed (i.e. as in the bojo thread)?

[Image: hgcI1ti.png]

So, might be a little bit too soon, but predictions for SHL/SMJHL regular season/playoffs? Who will be the dark horses/favourites/bottom feeders?

Manhattan Rage | General Manager
[Image: sig-hlemyzd.png]
thanks Sulovilen for the sig!
D | Great Falls Grizzlies | Player Page | Update Page

[Image: 8E70VfU.png]
[Image: image.png]
(This post was last modified: 09-17-2020, 05:17 PM by Fitted2106.)

I'd like yo hear your guys thoughts on possible tpe retool. Wjat I mean is making things easier to hit the ground running and make things cheaper. Also the possibility of going over 20 in an attribute for supreme players, what I mean is make it cost a fuck ton maybe like 100 toe to go from 20>21 and so on I'd just like to hear your thoughts on this specifically seven as I tend to like hearing your thoughts on these things. Remember going g over 20 should only be possibly for truly elite talents 2k tpe type people and even then it could hinder there overall game. Even if we keep the tpe scale the way it is I still think players should have the option of going over 20 if they so choose. Going over 20 to say 22 does not guarantee your player is miles ahead of everyone even though people on this site say that. I've done many custom leagues on fhm and had a player with 33 passing who never led the league in assists. I've seen gretzky with 27 passing and 25 I read lose scoring titles to doug gilmour So please if you can debate this and gib thoughts.

[Image: Fitted_3.png]

2x 4Star Cup Champ s49 s50

1x commissioners excellence award s 50

My question is regarding the role of the simmer in the league. It is one of the most time-consuming and toughest job on the site that isn't in management. Do you think that the current set-up of running with one simmer for each league is viable, or would you like to see a change to this that would include more members or even a team surrounding it?

[Image: K6ykz0o.png]
Theodor Larsson
TimberTimber
pridepride

Itinerary updated, see y'all in like 90

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]

Stream is up, live in 4!

Vod?

[Image: Fitted_3.png]

2x 4Star Cup Champ s49 s50

1x commissioners excellence award s 50

09-17-2020, 09:17 PMFitted2106 Wrote: Vod?

e