Create Account

(GRADED) Deep Dive #1 - My Thoughts on NL as a Re-Create
(This post was last modified: 08-25-2021, 11:34 PM by leafs1997.)

Coming back to the SMJHL after almost 3 years was a completely different experience for me, but I was thankful for Minnesota for reaching out to me and letting me know about the J scene and what things to expect being a rookie again. 

He is a scout for the Newfoundland  Berserkers and let me know about their plans and what direction their franchise is heading towards to. They have a strong LR with many wonderful characters such as Pasta the Turtle and Ty. In my discussions with Minnesota there was a NL - CHI pipeline but now there is an emerging NL - EDM pipeline with Slavakov Vladmirashenko and Pasta the Turtle both being promising EDM prospects and soon to be stars of the SHL Myself being an EDM alumni, I could see myself following that pipeline as well. 

From what I have seen, the  Berserkers have been one of the prominent J teams in the league for the past few seasons and I am curious to see which direction they will go! With myself wanting to be a two-way D, they have told me that they have a plethora of defensive defencemen and would have room for a two-way blue liner for myself. What intrigues me about the J is that every 3-4 seasons, a team's main core will eventually disperse as their respective players get called up to their SHL team, so I wonder how NL's management and coaching staff will fill in the holes that their dominant players have left. Players such as Robert Black, Jesse Trudeau and Slavakov Vladimirashenko will inevitably get called up to the big leagues. These players have been showcasing how special and talented they are in the J by producing at phenomenal rates. 

Since the switch over to FHM from STHS, NL has been a powerhouse team to always watch out for when other teams have to face them. They have had a winning record in the regular season for 5 of the past 7 seasons. In S55 they managed to defeat the Maine Timber in 6 games to capture the Four Star cup. I feel grateful to share the EDM LR with Minnesota as he was the first person to reach out to me about the potential of joining such a successful franchise in the SMJHL the day I re-created. I have never been able to win a cup in the J (made it to the finals back in the STHS days) but the thought of playing with the  Berserkers definitely is something to contemplate.

The GM's of Nhamlet and Juke I am not that familiar with. I believe that Juke is part of the Simulation Hockey News team and has done some impressive media with insane infographics and analytical detail. Nhamlet has updated me a few times, and had posted PT claims from what I remember. This shows me that these two are very involved with the league and that makes me happy to see as they are committed to earning and maxing out their respective players. Nhamlet does seem like a person who is fun to banter and meme with so far after my brief talks with him in the "Meet the GM" discord server.

I have heard that the atmosphere of the team is chill, memey and a fun time to be a part of. Those are some qualities that I look for in a quality LR (and I'm sure a lot of other people do as well). 

I think that the NL  Berserkers have an amazing future ahead of them from what they have demonstrated since the switch over to FHM and will likely stay that way for a long time.

(613 words)

[Image: Jammin.gif]
[Image: wiqZK8C.png]
[Image: zS2lCMp.png] [Image: ixmZA3M.png] [Image: pxjucze.png] [Image: sXDU6JX.png] [Image: IhVx0wj.png]

Thank you @High Stick King @OrbitingDeath @Ragnar @Tesla @MattyIce for the player signatures! 

@James Truong GRADED! +5 TPE

[Image: leafs1997.gif]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] [Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: QtEp67y.png]