Create Account

[BHN] NEW Prospect Headed for Free Agency?

[Image: Bean_with_an_s_Hockey_Network_logo.png]

BOSTON, MA -- Following media coverage of an incident between a top New England prospect and team management, could that prospect be headed for free agency? Defenseman Jonathon Hagan's future with the Wolfpack seems to be in jeopardy, as contract extension talks with New England have come to a standstill following the now public incident between himself and team GM kenvald. While the Wolfpack certainly hold the leverage, given Hagan's pending status as a restricted free agent, the possibility of another team coming in with an offer sheet cannot be discounted.

When asked about the possibility of losing a top prospect, kenvald was dismissive, "I wouldn't consider him an average prospect, much less a top one. We have plenty of prospects that are actually going somewhere, and will actually listen to a little bit of criticism. And I have absolutely no problem with holding that leverage over him until he grows up and learns to respect the process." The New England GM is certainly correct about Hagan's RFA status, though others in the league seem to disagree. One anonymous league source said, "Honestly I feel that New England is having a bit of an overreaction. Yes, Hagan had a mediocre year from an offensive standpoint, but he was on an expansion team with mostly rookies forwards, so of course his assist numbers are not going to be the greatest. He still matched his goal total from the season prior, and showed a much improved defensive side to his game."

With Great Fall's recent elimination from the playoffs, Hagan was willing to open up on the situation. "Yeah, I don't know what got up his ass, but he really shouldn't be talking to players that way. His constructive criticism was more like being a complete dickhead during our player development meeting. And then yeah, when I finally had enough and went off on him, he got all upset and here we are. I don't really know where I'm going to be, but with this contract problem not going away, I think becoming an RFA is how it's going to go for now, unless they just let me walk, which I doubt." Hagan's frustration with the entire ordeal was evident, and brings into question his GM's comments of "constructive criticism" during the last story.

PatriotesUsaWhalers

[Image: CampinKiller.gif]

Popcorn

Argonauts Stars Battleborn Czechia

classic toxic user

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother

CampinKiller? More like Campin..... aahh nevermind I got nothing

10-06-2021, 12:58 PMInf1d3l Wrote: CampinKiller? More like Campin..... aahh nevermind I got nothing

More like “MAYBE PLAY THE GAME AND STOP CAMPING YOU $!@$!&!!!!!!”

PatriotesUsaWhalers

[Image: CampinKiller.gif]