Create Account

Sophie Bordeleau denies rumours of Freaky Friday event

[350 words, ready for grading]

In the past few weeks, Sophie Bordeleau has been ice-cold. The fourth-year Quebec City Citadelles centre who once held a commanding lead in the scoring race and a chance to become the highest-scoring SMJHL player in history has fallen off the pace and is now projected to finish in second place for points, with her MVP chances seemingly slipping away along with the scoring lead to Detroit's Bnana Nwaffles. Coincidentally, another woman across the nation has become a breakout player. English outfielder Ren Foster, who saw little hype coming from Manchester, England, has become a useful player for the California Firehawks of the MilPBE. Foster, a centre fielder who has slotted in as California's designated hitter through the last half of the season, has put up a decent season and managed to put herself on scouts' radar for the upcoming PBE majors draft and get herself noticed with 59 hits in 221 at-bats, 30 RBI and a .695 OPS, a good start for an unproven rookie. With the seemingly coincidental rise of Foster and cold streak of Bordeleau, some sports fans online have jokingly posed a theory that Foster somehow managed to siphon away Bordeleau's scoring touch to put the hockey star into her tailspin. Sophie noticed the joke after a practice and laughed it off to the media. "I saw the joke, yeah. A couple of my teammates were ribbing me about it after the game and I said hi to Ren on Twitter. I just have to get focused and they'll start going in again."

Bordeleau will look to lead her Citadelles to a first-round bye to close out the SMJHL regular season, while Foster will try to win a MilPBE World Series with the Firehawks against the rival Amarillo Armadillos. On a more positive note, Bordeleau also recently reached a milestone when she passed Eddie Creller for the second-highest career point total in SMJHL history, trailing only five-season veteran Emeril Lagasse. She reached this mark just ahead of St. Louis Scarecrows star and draft class competitor Dan Baltisberger, who has the second-most career goals in league history.

[Image: vd5hdkM.png][Image: 8cjeXrB.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]

Dillo Dillo

[Image: S38oOt3.png][Image: of1yZSs.png]
[Image: JzmdDrE.png]

10-14-2022, 01:25 PMRenoJacksonHS Wrote: Dillo Dillo
go hawks

[Image: vd5hdkM.png][Image: 8cjeXrB.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]